Start by marking “Taken by Passion (Wonderland #1)” as Want to Read:
Taken by Passion (Wonderland #1)

Taken by Passion (Wonderland #1)

3.51  ·  Rating details ·  1,828 Ratings  ·  148 Reviews
Book 1 in the Wonderland seriesAfter being cheated on yet again, full-figured Alice O'Brien resolves to enjoy men sexually, refusing to involve her heart. When she tumbles down a rabbit hole, she lands in a beautiful, erotic world, surrounded by gorgeous men who relish her voluptuous curves… Men who want to tie her up and play sex games—talk about a dream come true! Only K ...more
Published August 30th 2011 by St. Martins Press-3pl (first published July 24th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Taken by Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taken by Passion

Sana
What the literal fuck was this. I am fucking laffing.

I went into this book knowing pretty much nothing. All I knew was that it was a Wonderland erotica and after reading Heartless, I needed some more Alice in Wonderland books. However, this book is NOTHING like Alice in Wonderland. The only similarities is that the MC's name is Alice and she falls down a hole into a mysterious land. There she meets sexy Jarron (?), the King of Hearts who is also apparently her mate??? Like, how the fuck did the
Anzu The Great Destroyer
So, I’m doing a new review series called Failrotica. The purpose of this is to explore the depths of human relationships when it comes to romance novels. Erotica, in particular.

I need to mention that I’ll be a complete troll about it, so if you actually enjoy this genre then I might advise you to avoid reading my reviews since they most probably will make you angry. I’m a nice person. I care.

Back to my introduction. I’ll be choosing only la crème de la crème of erotica. Yes, I do find erotica bo
jenjn79
Jul 19, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: random buy
Whew! I need a cold shower...or a bath of ice cubes after reading this one! It's really HOT!

The summary on the book page is a little inadequate so I'll expand a bit. Alice is a fuller-figured woman living in San Francisco who has had a lot of bad luck in life. Bad bosses, lovers who cheat, etc. One night she comes home to find her fiance getting it on with their landlady AND another man...only the man isn't interested in the landlady, he's dominating and doing her fiance. Horrified, she runs off
Dark Faerie Tales
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A twist on Alice in Wonderland: only this Wonderland is BDSM themed and the King of Hearts has better uses for Alice other than chopping off her head.

Opening Sentence: King Jarronn scrubbed his hand over his light beard and flexed his powerful muscles as he scowled at the four cards lying facedown on the a’bin.

The Review:

Alice O’Brian’s life is not all roses. She lost her job only to come home early and find her man in a very compromising p
Ivie ✩Born to Magic-Forced to Muggle✩
This was supposed to be an erotic Alice in Wonderland spin-off. In theory it sounds yumm, but in execution it is horrible. Damn, I had to shut down my computer and perform a virus scan after reading half of this just to make sure my computer didn't pick up an STD.

There isn't a story line, just fuckery, and of the worst kind. Alice is a chubby girl, that walks in on her boyfriend cheating on her with their neighbor, he calls her fat and she storms off. Gets her ass in the park, winds down a rabbi
Collette
I love this series of books. This is the first one about Alice (of course) who has a horrible life full of a nasty boss and an even worse man in her life. She falls down a hole and meets her overbearing lover that makes her feel super sexy (full-figured woman here)and loved. The sex is super hot and involves multiple men in one part. Yowza!! Loved that scene! Anyway...a fun, hot little read and well worth picking up a copy.
Laura Pinciotto
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished re-reading this book that the author added more lines this time around. This was the first book I had read about shape shifter and BDSM. It opened up a whole new world of books to read.

The characters of this story is Alice a full figured women. (Which I can relate to) is not having a good day. First gets hit on by her boss and gets fired. Them drops cell in puddle of water, ruined stockings then walks in on her guy in bed with two other people. AND that's all in the first chapter.
Carly - Resident Supergirl
Um...wow. The "idea" behind this series is interesting given the Wonderland comparisons but other than that, was way way too smutty for my tastes.
Stephanie  G
In author Jaymie Holland's highly sensual take on the on the Alice in Wonderland tale, we are taken into the land of Tarok. Tarok has been divided into the Kingdoms of Hearts, Spades, Diamonds and Clubs and each is ruled by a different king.

In Taken By Passion, Alice O'Brien has just caught her fiance cheating on her. While she's on a walk to clear her head, the ground begins to shake and she falls down a massive hole. When she awakes, Alice finds herself in a strange but beautiful place where s
April Symes
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***A gifted copy was provided by the author for an honest review***

This is a re-published book which the author has expanded on and re-done since the original was out several years ago.

Alice is a smart and pretty woman who just lost her job and when she walked into her apartment, she found him cheating on her with their landlady and another Man named Stone. Alice’s sister happened to come into the scene toward the end and Alice walked away devastated.

King Jarron is ready for a mate for his king
Tiblu
Jan 23, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
O F No!!!!

Ok,you've just walked on your D bag of a fiancé cheating on you w/not ion but two ppl a man and a woman,soo what do when you storm out of your nasty lil apt. ? You ride busses for hours , end up in a park w/your new lotion,your fiancée BF was using your old stuff and under the influence of something you start taking your close and feeling yourself up because the F'ed faux BDSM themed world your about to enter wants you that way.... Coz Alice has dreamed of being demeaned,running about
Leslie
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing!! It has been ages since I've read the original print version which was published before by Cheyenne McCray. This version has been expanded and is so worth the read!!!

Alice O'Brien has had a very bad day, the kind of bad day that can lead you to drink heavily just to forget! I really felt for Alice, it was that bad. Little does she know that her bad day is going to get bizarre! As Alice is walking off the memory of her day, she decides to take a rest in the park. This is wh
Angel
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok so for those who never read the original(what is wrong with you), Alice is your average woman. She works for an absolute jerk, and her fiancé isn't anything to write home about either. After the worst and craziest day all Alice wants to do is relax in her favorite park and try to forget everything that's happened when she literally turns into the erotic version of Alice and what a beautiful wonderful wonderland she's tumbled to. Alice has to determine within herself if she wants to see hersel ...more
Erica
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a good read

Interesting characters, fast paced storyline, Hot scenes.

This does have a lot of BDSM but not to the point where it will disgust you.

I loved the idea of the King of Hearts, King of Spades, King of Clubs and King of Diamonds. (all brothers all from the same birth - quads) Anyone whos had a twins fantasy well double that extra Hot!!

This story was the King of Hearts finding his Queen of Hearts (Alice) who is a mortal from Earth (also a Twin) who gets kidnapped to Tarok where the
Kerry
Jul 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Wonderland is NOT the childhood fairy tale of your youth, it is the titillatingly erotic grown up version of what you may remember...with a few twists.... and oh, those twists are HOT!

I read the Wonderland series many years ago, when it was first published by Ellora's Cave. I was so excited to read Taken by Passion/King of Hearts again now that it had been expanded. It is just as fabulously hot as I remember and even more so now with the additional material!

After reading this super sexy book, yo
Ann Lorz
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will admit that I don't read that much erotic romance anymore. But the ones I do have have make feel more then...oh God, not another sex scene. I like a good story to go along with my sex. I found that in this book. I enjoyed the characters and story idea. A must for me.
Stephanie
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A seriously sexy and twisted version of Alice in wonderland.
Sabrina Rautio
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesome can't wait for the second book

I could not put this book down. This book is definitely a page turner. I recommend this book to anyone looking for a very steamy romance.
Karen Voitik
>Book review – Taken by Passion/King of Hearts

>I am an independent reviewer. This book is the first in the Wonderland series and ends in a romantic HEA for the main characters. This story is a loose retelling of Alice in Wonderland. Curvy Alice is always put down for her weight in real life, but falls through space and becomes prisoner of Jarronn, a were tiger and the King of Hearts. There is a lot of erotic Dom/Sub training between Jarronn and Alice. Alice is meant to be queen, but must b
Sandy
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Meh. I like a good steamy story as much as the next person, but this one just didn't do it for me. The characters were flat and superficial at best, and it was just a little too purple for my taste. It was like the author went down through a checklist of "popular tropes" and checked each off in turn. Chubby girl with low self-esteem? Check. Shifter/Alpha male? Check. Set of brothers for a series? Check. D/s dynamics? Check. Kink? Check. Unfortunately, none of those things were really done well. ...more
Oct 30, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't mind erotica, I don't mind the dom/sub stuff...why I do mind is when the sexy stuff makes no sense in the "story". Alice is basically kidnapped from her world, away from her beloved twin sister...but it's ok because the king ties her up, doesn't let her wear clothes and tells her to have sex with him. Just kinda dumb.
Sally
Nov 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shifter
It's supposed to be a BDSM novel, it could have been a good one too. Unfortunately, the hero isn't into consent. He's taking advantage if the just cheated on heroine, he had kidnapped and taken to his world. Where he ties her up and brainwashes her. Horny is not consent.
Ronda Thayer
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

Alice really did fall down the rabbit hole.... And what a fall it was! I really loved this book! It was hot and sexy. I want more!
Olivia
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
An interesting take on the fairy-tale, but not a lot of depth to the characters or plot.
Carrie Vaughn
Taken by Passion, the first in the Wonderland series, tells the tale of the curvy Alice O'Brien and her bad history with men, of her comparisons to her twin sister Alexi and the story of the King of Hearts, King Jarronn of Tarok.

Tarok is a land inhabited by weretigers. The kingdoms were divided by the King and Queen into four separate but unified kingdoms for each of their four sons. Their daughter, however, was not given a share in the kingdom. For this slight, she bailed on her brothers, marr
Bryn
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
"Taken by Passion" featured great erotica scenes, but I struggled to connect with the novel's characters and setting. There were too many mentions of modern social media and not enough development of the Wonderland Scene. I didn't enjoy it.
Kimberly
Recommended Read

Originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/recom...

Alice O’Brien is having a record-breaking bad day which is topped off by her coming home to find her fiancé cheating on her. Her day takes a strange turn when a trip to Golden Gate Park sends Alice tumbling down a rabbit hole where she lands in a fantastical land…and in the path of a devastatingly handsome king.

Jarronn, the King of Hearts and High King of Tarok is in a bind. The fate of his kingdom re
Haffina
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it.
Future Slayer Girl
Apr 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People that love fantasy erotica
Hello, naughty Wonderland!

Now picture if you will Alice falling through the rabbit hole in the middle of a park in San Francisco. Then bring your mind to Alice waking up in Wonderland and peaks behind a tree only to see a woman being happily pleasured by three men at once. Oh yes, welcome to Wonderland folks.

My warning: If you don’t like the idea of B D S M then this is not the book for you!

For one, Alice totally is the perfect submissive kitten. She loves it, she wants it, and she thrives off
Erin Kyle
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Like others have said, it's an easy read. However, I found certain parts of it nearly unbearably annoying. I almost stopped reading on more than one occasion.

1. Insta-trust
After about 5 minutes, Jarronn asks whether Alice trusts him and she says she trusts him wholeheartedly. Really?! In a Dom/sub relationship, trust takes time. New world, new rules, new lover, and she doesn't freak out about any of that. Instead, she trusts him immediately? I think not. He doesn't explain the Why of anything,
Goodreads Librari...: Problem with Series 4 173 Aug 27, 2012 09:06AM
  • Aftermath (Kismet, #3)
  • Ravenous (Horde Wars, #1)
  • Initiation (Xylon Warriors #1)
  • All Chained Up (Cress Brothers, #2)
  • Sophie's Dragon (Supernatural Bonds, #3)
  • Mastered (Dark Elves #2)
  • The Game (Ecstasy, #1)
  • Never A Slave (Trek Mi Q'an, #7)
  • Rees (Tales of the Shareem, #1)
  • Dark Prince (Dragon Lords, #3)
  • Wicked Wishes
  • Oath of Seduction: Seducing Sharon (Shimerian Oath, #1)
  • The Wolf She Married
Cheyenne McCray is an award winning, New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author who is a rare native Arizonan but refuses to be put behind glass as an endangered species.

In her spare time she loves to torture characters—whether they’re misbehaving or not—and kill off deserving individuals. She also totally gets off on blowing things up. All fictionally, of course. She’d rather chew glass th
More about Cheyenne McCray

Wonderland (4 books)
  • Claimed by Pleasure (Wonderland, #2)
  • Bound by Desire (Wonderland, #3)
  • Kept by Seduction (Wonderland, #4)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Paradise Lost (The Vampire Diaries; Evensong, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery #5)
  • A History of Glitter and Blood
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Oz Reimagined: New Tales from the Emerald City and Beyond
  • The Song of Achilles
    $11.74 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Black Tuesday (Time Patrol)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)
  • Cloaked in Red
  • Warrior's Revenge
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fire and Bone (Otherborn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pale Queen Rising (Pale Queen, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery #4)
  • The Elven
  • Children of the New World
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Best of Robert E. Howard: Crimson Shadows (Volume 1)
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Romeo Catchers (The Casquette Girls #2)
  • The Devil in Silver
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Hunt (Disrupted Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Quantum Thief (The Jean le Flambeur Series, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Starship Grifters (Rex Nihilo #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Fire (Frontlines, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Darwin Elevator (Dire Earth Cycle, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Country of Ice Cream Star
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The Cottingley Secret
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Blood Gamble (Disrupted Magic, #2)
  • The Curiosity
  • Virtual Light
    $7.99 $1.99
  • A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Busted Flush (Wild Cards, #19)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Axe and the Throne (Bounds of Redemption, #1)
    $9.99 $3.49
  • Midnight Curse (Disrupted Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fireblood (Whispers from Mirrowen, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Delphi Effect (The Delphi Trilogy #1)