Start by marking “Beautiful Brain, Beautiful You: Look Radiant from the Inside Out by Empowering Your Mind” as Want to Read:

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  23 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Unlock the adult brain's surprising potential--and look radiant from the inside out!

Have you lost your healthy glow and that sparkle in your eyes? Is it becoming harder to recall names, faces, and where you left your keys? Has your life become routine? Are you so overwhelmed by work, family, finances (or all three) that you feel exhausted at the end of every day? If you an
Published December 28th 2010 by Hyperion (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Brain, Beautiful You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Brain, Beautiful You

Diane
Nov 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually learned many things from this book that I found useful, the most important one being "Indulge in the New". Dr. Pasinski says that opening yourself up to new experiences, even such simple things as taking a different route to work, going to museum on your lunch hour, or signing up for the Daily Word email where a new word is emailed to you everyday (Katie Couric does this), can help your brain make new connections and keep you younger and healthier. I moved from a small town to big cit ...more
Pamela
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an easy read, mostly because it was so simplistic. I really didn't learn much, but I did find much of the book entertaining. Try new things, do things in a new way, have a healthy social life, eat well, exercise, sleep well… Of course all that is good for your brain!
Farhana Faruq
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health-fitness
WOW at the brain!! A fascinating topic! This book explains the brains impact on beauty. It's got a mixture or very basic things like how important sleep is and then adds to that by teaching you about your circadian rhythm and how to reset it.

Very well written. Sections are short and concise. Information is easy to follow, with examples of past patients, and information you can start implementing right away.

The ONLY thing I didn't like in this book, was the reference to the BMI system (body mass
Gloria
Jan 04, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Simplistic advice at best: eat well, exercise, read, dress well, etc. to keep your brain healthy which then should translate into a glowing version of yourself. While Pasinski has impressive Harvard credentials, this was written actually by someone else, and it comes across as a bit disjointed. Not terrible, but has limited value.
Relyn
Sep 02, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women
Recommended to Relyn by: spotted on my library's website
This was a cool book. As a teacher, I am endlessly fascinated by the brain and how our knowledge of its workings can impact our teaching. I love knowing more and more about the power of our brains. This book was an intriguing look at the brain's impact on beauty. I found that it got a little dull in spots and the quality of the paper was off-putting. Even so, this was an interesting read.
Jamie
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Very uplifting & informational :) I would recommend it to everyone of my girlfriends! Simple yet effective approach to positive thinking on every aspect of life and how much of a difference it really does make... with the scientific backing to prove it.
Yjink
Jan 18, 2012
Sheryl Duane
Jun 04, 2012
VBergen
rated it did not like it
Oct 18, 2011