Start by marking “Men Out of Uniform” as Want to Read:
Men Out of Uniform

Men Out of Uniform

(Shadow Stalkers #2 included)

The hottest thing about a man in uniform is imagining him out of it...

They may enforce the rules, but when men in uniform are off duty and under the covers, they're experts at breaking them. In this searingly sexy anthology, popular authors Maya Banks, Sylvia Day, and Karin Tabke present men in uniform-unzipped...

Taking the Heat by Sylvia Day
It’s time for protected witnes
Trade Paperback, 329 pages
Published October 4th 2011 by Berkley Heat (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Men Out of Uniform, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Men Out of Uniform

Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Soul Possession by Maya Banks
Maya Banks starts this anthology off with a bang, throwing you right into the burning fires of passion. Two detectives and best friends, Rick and Truitt, frequent a bar where the meet pretty waitress Jessie Callahan. Both men want her, so instead of fighting over her and potentially ruining their friendship they decide to go after her together. Finally convincing her to join them in a ménage a trios Rick and Truitt bring Jessie home for a night to remember, only afte
MARQUETTA
Sep 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Soul Possession by Maya Banks - This story seriously disappointed me. I didn't like the threesome aspect of the story. Truitt and Rick have been frequenting a bar where Jessie is a waitress for a few weeks. After a couple of weeks of seeing her at work and minimal conversation, they both want her and after one night with her, they both develop feelings for Jessie. I know that this is a novella and that the plot has to progress quickly, but I did not find it believable. And then to throw into the ...more
Cassandra Carr
Oct 12, 2011 rated it liked it
I really wish I could give this antho a better rating, but I just can't. All three stories were predictable, and two were very similar. Out of the three, Sylvia Day's was the best, IMO. I've never read Ms. Day's work before, though I've wanted to, and I will definitely try another of her books. I'm sure this antho will sell well, but as a fan of Maya Banks, particularly, I was disappointed. Just my opinion - others will probably love the stories.
NyxShadow
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: numérique

trois nouvelles TRES érotiques et plutôt inégales.
La dernière n'est QUE de l'érotisme, les deux autres tentent de mettre un peu d'enjeux, mais seule la première s'en tire honorablement selon moi.

Ensuite, puis-je me permettre, POURQUOI la pénétration anale doit-elle être le fantasme ultime de M. et que Mme aime automatiquement ?
Ann Lorz
Nov 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
As a whole this book was great. The best story by far was Banks. It was well written and felt like a complete story. I loved the story and how Rick and Truitt won the heart and body of Jessie. I have to admit that I don't care for Karin Tabke's writing. I've tried more then once to read books by her but can't get into them. Day's story was enjoyable too. I liked the characters and how there story panned out.
Joy Boutwell
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Men Out of Uniform has three stories by Maya Banks, Sylvia Day and Karin Tabke. This is a must read book. It was very good. I love Maya Banks & Sylvia Day books. This is the first one of Karin Tabke I had ever read and was impressed. If you like hot guys in uniform you will love this book. It's full of sex and suspense.
Lidiab
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
STEAMY....beware. Maya Banks begins- It seemed very textbook erotic, not like her other reads; give the novella 2*.
Karin Tabke’s Wanted-silly. But still hot. 3*
Taking the Heat by Sylvia Day-Wicked and fun. Then Let me say it’s the first Sylvia Day I actually liked. You have to love happy endings.
Lynette
Nov 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Review coming but preview.

Maya Banks - I actually liked this story. It seemed to me the best intertwined with the romance and the suspense.
Karin Tabke - Nice story but there was this big build up for this confrontation and when it happened it was like 'is that it'
Sylvia Day - Nice story but where is the suspense. Wasn't any.
Kjen
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great hot summer evening read! Not always a fan of short stories, but sometimes they are fun when it's a busy time and I don't want to wade through a lot of back story. I didn't really have a favorite...they were all good. Break them out when your attention span is short;)
Mette
3 well-written and naughty stories. they are filled with drama, great/realistic characters and enjoyable lovestories.
Cyn Mistress Kitty
Good trilogy of stories.
Maya Banks- nice menage- 4 stars
Karin Tabke - former lover story I liked least - 3 stars
Sylvia Day - best of all the stories - 5 stars
Neus Gutiérrez
Sep 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Not bad, me esperaba más.
Chris
Jul 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Not bad. I think the third story was probably the best of the three.
Mandi Schreiner
Soul Possession by Maya Banks

Favorite Quote: Hell, she had no idea what she was going to do with all this cock but she was sure as hell going to have a good time figuring it out.

Rick and Truitt have been partners in the police force for a long time. They are currently deeply involved in a serial killer case. Someone has been kidnapping women, only to let them go and then hunt them in the woods. Needing to let some stress out, they have decided tonight is the night they are going to take home the
Fedora
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Maya Banks's Soul Possession:
Jessie Callahan, Rick Broughman, Truitt Cavanaugh--these two detectives manage to convince a lovely waitress to give them a chance. Throw in a murder charge, a serial killer, and she's got a full plate. I liked that she wasn't a shrinking violet despite some rough life circumstances, and interesting twist on the criminal.

Karin Tabke's Wanted:
Colin Daniels, Maria Sophia Castavettes--bad boy cop, soon to be ex-wife of a mob boss. A bit of a second-chance story.

Sylvia D
Nyssy
Sep 06, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I never read any of these authors and maya banks had an ok story. But the other two were lacking in surprises and I guess the “villain” in last story before I got to the end. The second story was just fake. It made me think of the people who get married in a moment then hate the rest of the their lives because the sex wasn’t love. Surprise surprise.

I put my speed reading to good use though -haha-
Anne
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it
pretty good. the only reason I don't give it really good is b/c I got tired of the damsel-in-danger, chronically mind-blowing sex things. Accidentally left it on the table where my teenage son does homework. At least he'll learn something about consensual sex between consenting adults and condom use.
Carly
Although, the novellas featured in this anthology were good and entertaining, I just cannot give it more than 3 stars. I think the stories were hampered due to the fact that they were short novellas. In my opinion they could have been better if they were longer especially Taking the Heat by Maya Banks.
Gail
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't let "Erotic Surrender" stop you.

All three authors created fantastic stories of intense suspense. The "erotic surrender" is mutual to all three heroines. I had a hard time putting this down.
TinaMarie
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Laura Ochs
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent!

Loved the Sylvia day book. Didn't read the other two a little to racy for me. Syria's books never disappoint!
Tina
Typical of this type of anthology. Studly men, pretty women, suspenseful plot, romance, and lots of sex.
KYReader
Jun 14, 2018 rated it liked it
OK
Marion Lent
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot, Hot, Hot!!!

These ladies know how to burn up the heat! Some of the most enjoyable novellas I've read in a while.
Michelle K
Nov 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-read
rated 3.5 stars. Reviewed http://anotherlookbookreviews.blogspo...

Soul Possession by Maya Banks - 3 stars
M/F/M story

I am a big fan of Maya Banks so I was excited to dive into this anthology. I have to be honest and say, out of the 3 stories, Soul Possession was my least favourite.

Poor Jessie had a rough night. Fired from her waitress job after being accused of stealing, her bum knee acts up, she is whisked away from the bar by two gorgeous cops for a threesome and the next day is brought into t
Christine D
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Soul Possession: 3 stars, super steamy menage with suspense
Wanted: 3 stars, Colin was so arrogant, but soooo H-O-T. It ended quite abruptly though.
Taking the Heat: 3.5 stars, the story was good and I loved the characters Layla and Brian (he's so swoonworthy!). This one was H-O-T-T-T!
I liked all the characters and the plots were decent in all three novellas but I think Brian was my favorite.
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
3.5 Stars

This review was posted at Under The Covers

Now who doesn't love a hot men out of uniform? Especially if they're Paul Marron!! This cover caught my eye a while back and I've been waiting for it to release since.

3 Stars

Maya Banks is a favorite author of mine, which is why I'm surprised I didn't connect with this story as much as I thought I would. Don't get me wrong it was hot, and the plot is ok, but there was no connection for me with the characters.

We have J

Torzilla
Oct 21, 2011 rated it liked it
I'm not usually a big erotica fan, nor am I a huge fan of contemporary novels, and I think my lack of interest in both has ultimately affected the grading of these three pieces. I like to encourage people to take reviews lightly and to form their own opinions about books, and I really want to reinforce this now.

Despite my lack of interest in both categories, I have tried to be objective while reading this collection of novellas--especially since there are both contemporaries and eroticas that I
Tina
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is a recommended read our highest honor

Men Out of Uniform is an anthology which will make you want a Special Ops or secret agent of your own to curl up with at night. Each of these stories takes you on a different erotic journey you just might not want to come back from.

Soul Possession by Maya Banks

Truitt and Rick want Jessie Callahan, they flirt with and proposition her every chance they get but she always turns them down. They are working on a case, to find a man who tortures, turn
Les passions de Meline
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-books
Un ensemble de trois histoires torrides entremêlant des enquêtes. L'ensemble est prometteur et nous envoi dans des univers vraiment incroyable. On oublie où on est et on veut du vrai mâle face à nous.

Trio de charme de Maya Banks

Jessie dont la vie ne la pas raté va finir dans les bras de Truitt et de Rick, deux détectives au top. Mais cet intermède avec les deux hommes va mal tourné car sa patronne est retrouvée morte le lendemain matin. Elle est accusé du meurtre et va commencer à vivre un vérit
  • Red-Hot Summer (Red-Hot Summer, #1-4)
  • SEAL of My Dreams
  • Perfect Kisses
  • The Promise of Love (Includes: Fast Track, #4.5; Shadow Stalkers, #1)
  • Baddest Bad Boys
  • Wicked Reads
  • Party of Three (H.O.T. Cops, #2)
  • Alluring Tales: Hot Holiday Nights
  • Legally Hot (includes: Wounded Warriors #2)
  • Warfare and Sin City (Marked #3.2, #3.5)
Sylvia Day (aka S. J. Day and Livia Dare) is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today, and #1 international bestselling author of over 20 award-winning novels sold in more than 40 countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in 28 countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Visit her at www.sylviaday.com

Shadow Stalkers (4 books)
  • Razor's Edge (Shadow Stalkers #1)
  • Taking the Heat (Shadow Stalkers #2)
  • Blood and Roses (Shadow Stalkers #3)
  • On Fire (Shadow Stalkers #4)