Start by marking “Mission: Make-Over” as Want to Read:
Mission: Make-Over

Mission: Make-Over

3.4  ·  Rating details ·  396 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Wealthy, self-assured Jake Carlisle, born with the kind of looks that drive women wild, usually succeeded at everything he did. But now he'd taken on a real challenge, transforming scruffy tomboy Lucianna Stewart into a temptress!So he taught her to dress, to flirt, to kiss...and Lucianna was learning fast. Perhaps too fast for Jake's liking. Because beneath her baggy clot ...more
Published February 1st 2001 by Harlequin Presents (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Mission, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mission

Vintage
This had so much potential: a Pygmalion story, older brothers, besotted H. But it's Penny Jordan who apparently despises her own heroines.

Luc is the only girl in the family and has four older brothers. Shockarama, she is a tomboy who excels in internal combustion systems i.e. she's a mechanic with a failing business. Apparently no man wants a girl working on his engine. Well, on his car engine at least. Her older brother is one of the most insensitive jerks in HarleyLand and is one nyuk, nyuk fr
Grace Harwood
Jun 13, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This one was marked as the most popular Penny Jordan romance on Goodreads, when I checked some time ago, so I was really excited about reading it. Well, I can only say, what a disappointment. This has got to be the worst Jordan offering I have ever read (and look back at my profile – I’ve read a lot).

So the (awful) premise is this: Lucianna (“Luce”/“Luc” – depending on who is speaking to her) is a bit of a tomboy after being raised by her father and brothers. She’s also an incredibly gifted car
Jenny
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you love Cinderella stories and a hero who is deeply, crazy, hopelessly in love with a blind in denial heroine who thinks she is in love with another man you will love this book. Very passionate and romantic read!
KC

I loved that Jake already loved Lucianna the way she was before her physical makeover happened! He's secretly loved her for years and always found her desirable, tomboyish ways and all. Jake only agreed to help Lucianna because 1) he was asked to by her sister-in-law, 2) he wanted her to be happy and if she believed that enhancing her looks would allow her to win the man of her choice, then he was going to help, and 3) he wanted her to gain full power over her femininity.

Far from being
Chantal ❤️
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok I liked it. It was true he wanted to change her make her sexy but really he had the right intentions. Her brothers confused her and gave her enough trouble about her sexuality no wonder she never had sex or thought of herself as a woman. I enjoy their conversations. And that scene in her room with the underwear wow!!!
Caro
May 02, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: virgin-heroin
Es una linda historia y engancha. Y leyendo me entero de que, también, es muy viejita. Por momentos su relación con el que era el novio no me terminaba de cuajar, pero me mantuvo entretenida y estuvo bien. Pobre Lucianna, con su tomboy-style y Jake era un enamorado eterno, un santo de héroe ^^.
Nikoya
I really enjoyed this one. It was very fun and just the right amount fire. My only complaint is why does the woman always have to be irrationally prickly? Other than that it was a fun romp for any romance reader.
Tishke
Nov 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Easy read.
The boyfriend was an a$$hole.
Sassafrass
This is an older romance, so it was a little dated but I thought it was cute overall. The term "whilst" was used...A LOT, and it got a bit annoying after a while. Otherwise, it was exactly like I expect a Harlequin Romance to be: a pleasant reading experience that doesn't tax my brain to enjoy.
Stacey Manning
Lady Aeval
May 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-next-door
I loved this book. I am sucker for Cinderella stories and this was a great one. It was great watching Luci come into her own and recognize her femininity. Great light reading material.
Wendy
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
First published in 1970. Enough said.
Anuradha
Rather offending premise for a feminist reader. Girl is a tomboy, a wonder mechanic always covered in baggy clothes and soot.

Guy is a suave woman charmer, secretly in love with our rag doll heroine in spite of her awful looks!
Left to himself he is ok with her shabby appearance, but feels bad that the heroine if suffering from low self esteem.

So mission makeover. Get her off the garage and into sexy lingerie. I wonder if that's enough to feel sufficiently feminine.

Acting dictatorial and draggin
Aruna
Sep 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unrequited-love
The story is slow to take off, but gets going mid-read. Lucianna is a bit of a tomboy by virtue of being brought up in an all male household. She is inhibited and not at all body-image confident after overhearing various conversations growing up (ahem... girl listening in on her brothers' macho posturing conversations about females).
Jake loves her from afar, and somehow ends up tutoring her in the art of being more womanly to get a guy she supposedly wants (who turns out to be a total ass - as i
Zaa
Jun 20, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fm-contemporary
Kisah tentang si tomboy yg dirubah penampilannya (make over) menjadi seorang gadis yg feminim oleh seorang playboy demi memikat kembali hati kekasihnya.
Ralia Noviani
May 21, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
just be yourself, because just being yourself is the most natural thing that can comfort you and your beloved one
Anna
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not as bad as the reviews said but then the start of the story was dull. Towards the end the story became better. Not one of Penny's best but it wasn't completely bad either!
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
Hiyaaahhh!!! TOB!! Ga nyesel gw belinya... Really like it...

Terpesona sama Hero.nya yg ternyata udah Jatuh Cinta dl.an sama Heroine.nya... Ngiri.. =_=.... ;b
Nilam Suri
Aug 24, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
hihihi,yang ini lumayan bagus deh... ;p
bikin gue tetep konsen baca walo diprotes orang sekantor gara2 baca beginian pas puasa ;D
Nita
Jasmine
Apr 12, 2014
  • Bought By The Greek Tycoon
  • The Desert Prince's Mistress - Kekasih Pangeran Gurun
  • The Brazilian's Blackmailed Bride (The Ramirez Brides #2)
  • Love-Slave to the Sheikh
  • The Ramirez Bride (The Ramirez Brides #1)
  • Blackmailed into Marriage
  • Mistress by Contract
  • The Disobedient Mistress (Sister Brides, #2)
  • The Sicilian Surrender - Terpikat Sang Pria Sisilia
  • The Greek Boss's Bride
  • Shackled by Diamonds (Models & Millionaires, #2)
  • The Italian's Pregnant Mistress
19687
Penelope Jones Halsall
aka Caroline Courtney, Annie Groves, Lydia Hitchcock, Melinda Wright

Penelope "Penny" Jones was born on November 24, 1946 at about seven pounds in a nursing home in Preston, Lancashire, England. She was the first child of Anthony Winn Jones, an engineer, who died at 85, and his wife Margaret Louise Groves Jones. She has a brother, Anthony, and a sister, Prudence "Pru".

She had
More about Penny Jordan...