Start by marking “Where's Waldo Now?” as Want to Read:
Where's Waldo Now?

Where's Waldo Now? (Where's Waldo? #2)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  3,123 Ratings  ·  76 Reviews
In paperback for the first time!

The elusive little guy you loved as a kid has ventured into an affordable new format, ready to boggle a new generationl. Now he's easier to carry around -- but just as hard as ever to find!
Published October 6th 1997 by Candlewick (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Where's Waldo Now?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where's Waldo Now?

Steph Sinclair
At this point, I consider myself a Waldo expert. I have found him in almost every adventure, along with his stripe-shirted comrades. No, he's no match for my superior searching skills that have been carefully honed since the ripe age of 7. I have even spotted the fellow in real life.

photo photo_zps2b747cd3.jpg
You may bow to my Waldo Finding Skillz.

This edition is no exception. It has new adventures to keep you up, screaming "Where the is Waldo?!" late into the night. Ahhh, the memories Waldo leaves in his wake. This is t
Ayan Uddin
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good book
Laura (Book Scrounger)
I loved this book so much growing up. I can't look at Waldo now without thinking of the taste of Life cereal, because I grew up searching for him on the back of Life cereal boxes during breakfast.

In this book, he travels through many time periods, beginning in the age of cave men and progressing to Egypt, Rome, the Middle Ages, the Gold Rush, a ball in Paris, and "the future," among others. He's easier to find in the beginning since he's carrying a stack of books, which gradually shrinks as the
Jesse Houle
Dec 07, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Where's Waldo inspired me to create horribly non-artistic but extraordinarily detailed and enormously violent full page depictions of different "races" of smiley faces, kamikaze potatoes, poos, and "squarbies" facing off in all-out murderous and explosive warfare. The scenes were always one second after the impact of bullets and mallets, bombs and swords; rather than one second before, as they are in Hanford's children's books, which would certainly go from PG to R only seconds after the freeze- ...more
Maaike
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WE COULD JUST NOT FIND THE FREAKING DOG
James
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it.
John Yelverton
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This sequel to the great children's book is every bit as fun as the original and just as challenging for the reader.
Patricia Kaniasty
Excellent entertainment for kids of all ages!!
Jeraviz
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, comics
Creo que el que más me gustaba, buscar a Wally a través del tiempo era una delicia cuando era pequeño.
Tapani Aulu
Nyt alkaa jo vähän onnistua Vallujen etsiminen, vaikka vielä aika vaikeaa onkin.
Richard Edwards
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
I read this to my grandson for bedtime. Most of the pages you can find a Waldo character quickly.
Lauren
Enjoyed this as a child. I love puzzles.
Karen
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These books are super-fun, and a great way to get young kids to really look at illustrations to interpret what is happening within them.
Matthew Horrocks
I chose to read this book because I like the puzzle factor if it.

this book fits in my bingo as 'a picture book'.

I really enjoyed this book because I love puzzle/ spy books, but, the downside of this book, and the reason that I gave it 3 stars is because it isn't informative at all and there is a only a few paragraphs in the book.

the point of where's Wally is that you have to find Wally and help him find some of his friends. Wally and his friends are hidden throughout different terrains and diffe
Kyle Jorris
Every Where's Waldo book has a different difficulty, and this edition is most certainly one of the hardest. Martin Handford's attention to microscopic detail is incredible. Every nook and cranny tells a completely different story through a picture. Every page is full of different colors and textures of contrasting environments from around the world. The busyness of this book captivates all ages of readers.
David
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was published years ago, so answering the titular question is nearly impossible given the evidence contained within this book's pages. That being said, Waldo's camera shy nature has taken hold of him once again. I'm beginning to think Waldo is, in fact, a spy set loose during the Cold War era hiding in plain sight, as it were. I bet the scrolls you find contain launch codes for nuclear missles, but I can't confirm.
William Merrick
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really? It's Waldo! Where'd he go? There he is!

Memorizing this book makes it less fun - that's something I really like about it. It becomes an exercise in staying young - forget that you know where it is, and have fun searching.

Oh, you could look for all the books, too. I never did find those...
Indri Juwono
Jan 22, 2010 marked it as wishlist  ·  review of another edition
pengeen buku iniiii...

[image error]width="500" height="500" alt="description"/>

[image error]width="500" height="500" alt="description"/>

Miss Ryoko
I started this Waldo book and then didn't touch it for a while. Lazy, I know.

This one seemed a lot more challenging. There were four pages where I couldn't find one item. I got to the point where I got so tired of looking for them, I made my boyfriend find them :-p And he did! I don't know how I overlooked them. I must have searched each page 100 times. Oh well. Now it's done.

On to the next.
Amanda
Oct 04, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-s-books
Pretty fun for my puzzle/game loving 4 yr old. He, of course, is most interested in finding Woof, or more accurately, Woof's tail which is the hardest thing to find! It didn't grab his attention more than one night, but I will probably try again sometime. Maybe it'd be worth having one on hand for car rides or waiting room distraction...
Loony Gryphon
If your kids don't get carsick while reading, then take one of these books along on a trip. It certainly kept me entertained for most car rides that lasted more than half an hour. Of course, that was when I was a kid.
Thanks to YouTube, I can no longer look at Waldo the same, but it's still fun to flip through the books and see what interesting little scenes I can find hidden on each page.
Holliann
Apr 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Waldo is just a fantastic book of artwork. My kids love it as much as I did when I was a kid. I think we could be the presidents of the fan club! And I have just inspired myself to order more Waldo books!
Anna Motteler
Sep 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved these books whenever I was in Elementary school.
It kept me busy and made me use my noggin.

So if you're trying to work and your kids on getting on your nerves, plop them on the couch with one of these. =D
Jun 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, childhood
Everytime I check this book I have fun doing it. And the most funny part is that some friends of mine didn't hear about this when they were young, I showed them, and they passed an whole hour trying to complete everything.
Bethany W
I remember getting Where's Waldo books from book orders in elementary school. They would keep me busy for hours. I would notice all the details on the people surrounding Waldo. These boooks helped me to be observant and notice everything about the pictures.
Chase
Apr 02, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprised to see the second book in the series has a higher rating than the original. I thought it was okay, but a bit of the typical sophomore letdown, a bit like most other popular series (e.g. Hunger Games, Girl with Dragon Tattoo)
Suzanne
Jun 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: younger kids (5-10)
Kids love to look for Waldo. Of course, you can't look at this book very often or they remember where he is. Still, they like to look at the elaborate, often humorous, illustrations as much as they like finding Waldo.
Strib
Jun 21, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ha_ha_ha
I know this doesn't count as a "real" book, but I have to include it b/c a friend (who thought I looked remarkably like Waldo) gave it to me at my high school graduation ceremony, which subsequently pissed off some teacher, who then contacted a police officer to frisk me. Go figure.
Steve
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, series
An improvement on the original Waldo book. The scenes have way more characters and Waldo is harder to find. A lot of fun for kids, once again exploring the scene is more fun than finding Waldo himself. A favourite of mine as a child.
Logan Walker
This is a great book that is fun for all ages. Waldo is a man that travels everywhere and so hard to find. This is a fun and entertaining book that can help pass the time.
  • I Spy Fun House: A Book of Picture Riddles
  • In the Time of the Dinosaurs (The Magic School Bus, #6)
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Sitter
  • Hubert's Hair Raising Adventure
Martin Handford, the man behind the mind-boggling Waldo books, began his career as a freelance illustrator specializing in drawing crowd scenes. The turning point came when he was asked to create a book showcasing his impressive talent, and the character Waldo was born — originally to provide a link between each scene. "I can’t tell you how pleased I am that Waldo has taken on a life of his own," ...more
More about Martin Handford...

Where's Waldo? (9 books)