Start by marking “Un Griego Poderoso” as Want to Read:
Un Griego Poderoso

Un Griego Poderoso (Innocent Wives #1)

3.31  ·  Rating details ·  572 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Tendra que enfrentarse a su orgulloso marido...El guapisimo multimillonario Leandro Demetrios saca a la nada sofisticada Millie de su granja y la lleva a un mundo de glamour. De su brazo y cubierta de diamantes, Millie pensaba que nada podria afectarlos.

Pero iba a tener que enfrentarse con las mas oscura y terrible de las traiciones: su hermana decia estar esperando un hij
Published January 4th 2011 by Harlequin (first published June 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Un Griego Poderoso, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Un Griego Poderoso

willaful
Make that, Tedious Greek Who Keeps Saying the Same Thing Over and Over, Relentlessly Insecure Pain in the Ass Wife.
Vintage
Spoilers..

In the first scene, the heroine catches the hero seducing and graphically romancing his new twinkie. She sees and hears him.

Yes, she left him, but HOW DO YOU GET PAST THAT IMAGE? Ever???
Kiki
Yes, she left him, BUT he never looked for her, she could have DIED and he'd not have known. All the while claiming his undying love and spewing BS about wedding vows. At least he realised THIS part himself too.
Also, they were NOT divorced, so whatever he does counts as cheating, and he ACTUALLY claimed he has respected his vows while she didn't, meaning she didn't stick to him, I'd have thought that would mean thou shalt not cheat would be worth honouring too but he clearly was a scum.
So his de
Dianna
Billionaire Leandro enjoys dinner with some actress and then brings her home to his place to continue their earnest discussions on how they can best leverage their money and fame to feed the poor and save the planet. Just kidding! Anyway, they head up to his bedroom and there, soaking wet from her own personal rainstorm and dressed in a cardigan so ugly it’s a crime, is sad-sack Millie.

“Leandro, who is this plain chubby nobody?” asks the actress. “That’s no plain chubby nobody, that’s my wife!”
Emona
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sarah Morgan Fans, Romance Readers, Alpha H- Insecure Unworldly h Lovers, Husband-Wife Trope-Fans
Shelves: favourites
This love story sizzles off of the pages as one learns that Leandro Demetrios is not only a ruthless billionaire, he's one that any and every woman desires.
Billionaire banker Leandro makes it clear to his lovers that if they give him their heart he'll break it.
After all, the one time he trusted a woman enough to marry her, she walked out on him.

But one year later, his wife, Millie, is back with the intention of claiming her deceased sister's baby, the child she believes is the product of her h
Aayesha Khatri
Apr 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trope-large-age-difference, romance-contemporary, child-children-in-story, theme-greek, businessman, heroine-i-hated, hero-with-emotional-scars, heroine-was-frustrating, hero-i-liked, occupation-farmer, heroine-has-emotional-scars, hero-is-a-bastard, alpha-hero, occupation-entrepreneur, virgin-heroine, bodyguards, h-in-love-with-hero-from-beginning, hero-controlling-possessive, hero-is-a-workaholic, heroine-is-hardworking, setting-city, harlequin, harlequin-presents, setting-island, trope-married-in-haste, setting-exotic, ruthless-all-or-nothing-businessman, theme-american, mills-and-boon, heroine-gave-up-too-easily, trope-estranged-couple-romance, heroine-with-curves, melodramatic-writing, cheating-hero, not-quite-destitute-heroine, trope-second-chances, overall-not-good-feel-read, helicopters-and-planes, mills-and-boon-modern, heroine-runs-away-from-hero, heroine-with-no-self-confidence, trope-ow-involved, trope-cheating-with-a-kiss, heroine-falls-in-love-first, trope-rich-guy-poor-girl, hero-is-magnetic-sexy-heat-radiatin, hero-is-a-womaniser, hero-is-tall-and-wide, heroine-is-stubborn-hard-headed, trope-misunderstandings, trope-secret-baby, heroine-plain-no-looks-to-speak-of, trope-separation, trope-perceived-unrequited-love, heroine-grows-spine-towards-end, hero-with-rough-childhood, hero-one-and-only-lover, hero-knows-h-is-virgin, hero-famous-celebrity-in-limelight, heroine-denies-hero-sex, hero-pov-shown, heroine-is-plump, heroine-thinks-h-doesnt-desire-her, trope-heroine-insecure
Moderately good book, with a lukewarm story which I will probably forget in a couple of weeks (I don't mean it in a bad way, it's just because I'm super forgetful - which is why I have 100s of shelves, to try to remember, and which is why I write reviews that are relevant to me.)

I didn't like the heroine very much, she pretty much ruined the story with her insecurities, and I HATED her when she (view spoiler)
Janie
I really loved this book except one thing that really bugged me was the hero bringing the actress (I don't know whether she was already his lover or not) to his home with his wife there :/... I absolutely hated that first bit of the book! I wish the author had also made it clearer whether Costas was fathered by the hero or not (he could've stated it, but it didnt.) and I also wanted to know whether I hero actually had affairs while him and the heroine were seperated and again that wasn't made cl ...more
StMargarets
Melanie♥
After all the discussion about this one on another forum, I was curious to read it. All in all, an average and enjoyable HP read, but lacking in some areas.
Wish the author had spent some time on how they met and fell in love. I just did not see how the initial connection between two such different characters could have developed. She was a plump farm girl and he was a lean,mean tycoon. It was a bit of a stretch to understand the initial attraction between these two who had absolutely nothing in
Fanniny Moreno Zavaleta
Unfortunately this book didn't work for me.
No, it wasn't because the hero was about to cheat when he was interrupted by his estranged wife.
It wasn't because of the heroine's insecurities, I get her point but after a while it all becomes tiresome though.
It was because I couldn't get into the story, it didn't suck me into it like other stories do. I wasn't angry or happy or anything. I didn't feel enough for the book.
Maybe I'll try it again later.
Tina
This has the biggest doormat heroine of all time who constantly brings herself down due to her lack of self worth.... I wished at times she would just do us all a favor and slit her wrist instead of whining about everything.

If you're one of those insecure woman who needs the constant reassurance you will be able to relate.
Ashley F
This review was posted at Tsuki's Book Blog on September 3, 2013.

Sarah Morgan often writes such angsty, different romances. The past few ones I've read have been oddly tame but this time I was pleasantly surprised by her decisions for the hero and heroine. I'm rarely surprised in HPs but this time I was.

Leandro, a Greek Billionaire, fell in love and married a farm girl. When Millie's sister said she was expecting Leandro's baby, Millie fled her marriage. Only after his sister died and the baby w
Booklover
Okay read,the book was intense emotional,Millie is the worst woman character i have come across till now,it seemed to me that she had taken a vow that she will interpret all Leandro's words in wrong/negative way,she is TSTL,the start of the book itself was the downfall "Hubby impatient on the verge of sleeping with actress-both tearing each others clothes -wife on bed watching it",this cheating thing itself spoiled any further hope of liking the story but i was surprised later it became much muc ...more
Giovanni
Jan 27, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
it was kind of horrible for me.
everytime the hero said he just wanted the heroine, only her, blabla, my mind always came back to the first scene. yep, where the hero almost had sex with the holywood actress.

tell me about contradictive.
Fiona Marsden
So...there were a rash of these books a few years ago where the book started off with the hero with another woman. Luckily this hero chucked the woman to the curb when his estranged wife showed up. But it was a very distasteful beginning because we know he would have slept with her if Millie hadn't been in his bedroom. One can only be grateful he didn't decide to shag the skinny actress in the lounge room and then find his wife was in the building.

I love reunion stories and generally I love Sara
Baseballmom
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ohhh My :)

This was a well told poignant story. I know the H/h were separated but I wasn't loving the "other woman" scene and I wasn't really sure if it was going to permanently color my opinion of the hero. As it turns out, it didn't. After reading the o/w scene, a couple of things struck me: 1) while the hero may have wanted sex with the actress, he really didn't like her, he mocked her and even called her an animal of sorts. 2) the minute he realized his estranged wife was there he kicked the
Cady Lorenzana
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was hesitant to read this one as I've read the reviews first. Thought I would hate the heroine as what others complained in the reviews and the alpha hero, too. But no! I understand both characters faults.

This could have been better if the author cleared the identity of Costas. Who is really his father? And Millie's sister... I think there should be a reason (even if she's already dead... ) why did she do that thing to Millie. There could have been a letter... or a friend that knew the reasons
Bri
Aug 08, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
That was a waste of my time. Flat characters that love each other in different places, have the same conversations, and are not realistic.
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
I wanted to poke the heroine in the eye. Several times. Argh!
Desirée
Apr 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporanea
Leído el 13/10/2010
Mlleelizabeth
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
rm2h
Aug 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What I liked about this book is how much misunderstanding there is when you do not communicate the positive and negative feelings that it does not help with buiding a healthy relationship. Yes there were areas in the story that could have been better but I thought that the story was great with the message that no matter how you look you need to accept yourself no matter what.
Missy
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable read....loved the uncontrollable passion that he fought and was unable to deny for his wife....but being clueless about her insecuries and not talking allowed their marriage to break up.
Kaycee ❤️
Powerful Greek, Unworldly Wife was your typical Harlequin Presents. We usually encountered troubled marriages and their road to happiness. But unlike other books, this one wasn't caused by a simple lack of communication, a miscarriage, or a cheating spouse. This one was caused by low self-esteem and poor perceptions or judgement.

And This one has elements of the Royal/Hollywood Celebrities stories (especially when it comes to the role of the paparazzi) The storyline itself was good but it turned
Asteropê
People said Millie was a doormat and wet blanket. I don't know. Honestly, I think her insecurities were understandable. She was an average woman, a farm-girl, who was thrust into this glamorous life and had a husband that was both rich and model-quality in looks. I think any normal, average woman would share a lot of her insecurities! Just as I'm sure many older, balding men with hotter, younger wives, deep down wonder and have insecurities as well. It's normal. It also seems like she was put do ...more
Akansha
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harquin
This one was a different one for me..most of the time have been observed to initiate the divorce than actually making an effort to understand and face the problems head-on...i think i loved the fact that he was Greek and this cultural difference that they could salvage their marriage.
I loved the fact that he was willing to acknowledge that he made a mistake and is willing to make an effort to rectify the problems in their marriage. I hope if one day i face any such problems in my life may god bl
Roub
Aug 11, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
i did not like it at all.i felt utterly irritated by millie. poor girl turned into cinderella..she gets from rags 2 riches. poor girl !! LOL what person in their right mind wud not like 2 marry a rich tycoon !? this book stretched it 2 no limits. really poor millie !!haha xd i did not finish the book so much i was irritated wid her. she's such a pathetic creature
Jasbell76
I don't remember to much about this book. I will find it out though :/
Shallowreader VaVeros
This book used the term "or so she thought".
  • The Greek's Chosen Wife (A Mediterranean Marriage #6)
  • The Innocent's Dark Seduction
  • Raul's Revenge
  • The Sicilian's Marriage Arrangement
  • The Santangeli Marriage
  • Claiming His Pregnant Wife
  • Lost in Love
  • Proud Greek, Ruthless Revenge
  • Ruthlessly Bedded, Forcibly Wedded (Innocent Wives #2)
  • Having the Billionaire's Baby
  • Blackmailed Into the Greek Tycoon's Bed (International Billionaires, #7)
  • Cavelli's Lost Heir (Modern Romance)
  • Marriage Meltdown
  • Emerald Knight
  • Mansion for My Love
About Sarah

USA Today bestselling author Sarah Morgan writes contemporary romance and her trademark humour and sensuality have gained her fans across the globe. She is a 3 time winner of the prestigious RITA® Award from the Romance Writers of America and has been nominated five times. Sarah lives near London, England, and when she isn't reading or writing she loves being outdoors.

Look out for Holi
More about Sarah Morgan...

Innocent Wives (5 books)
  • Ruthlessly Bedded, Forcibly Wedded (Innocent Wives #2)
  • Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)
  • The British Billionaire's Innocent Bride (Innocent Wives #4)
  • Innocent Wives Bundle