Start by marking “The Think and Grow Rich Action Pack” as Want to Read:
The Think and Grow Rich Action Pack

The Think and Grow Rich Action Pack

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  184,051 ratings  ·  5,772 reviews
Published around the world, this book has become an undisputed classic in the field of motivational literature. Inspired by Andrew Carnegie, it has been cited by many as the "calling card" that propelled countless numbers to fame and fortune and is the standard against which all other motivational material is measured. Think and Grow Rich and The Think and Grow Rich Action ...more
Published August 1st 1988 by TarcherPerigee (first published 1937)

To ask other readers questions about The Think and Grow Rich Action Pack, please sign up.
Nicki I order from Thriftbooks.com. Most of the books are priced around $3 or $4-- and you get free shipping on orders of $10 or more.…moreI order from Thriftbooks.com. Most of the books are priced around $3 or $4-- and you get free shipping on orders of $10 or more. (less)
Teresa I like audio books; you can use Overdrive, which links with public libraries, to access e-books as well as audiobooks. All for FREE. when you go…moreI like audio books; you can use Overdrive, which links with public libraries, to access e-books as well as audiobooks. All for FREE. when you go through them as quickly as I do... it can be expensive. Some you'll want to have a hard copy of and Amazon Prime really can't be beat for selection and price.(less)

·  184,051 ratings  ·  5,772 reviews

Start your review of The Think and Grow Rich Action Pack
David Acevedo
Oct 26, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Let's be honest to ourselves and face the truth: success in business depends on a complex equation with a lot of variants, such as 1) how well your business idea adapts to the powers of supply and demand, which govern (and oppress) contemporary society, 2) where you come from economically to begin with (I've seen aromatherapy businesses run by middle-class sons of bitches grow and be more "successful" than neighborhood food establishments run by poor honest people), 3) how much investing capital ...more
Arminius
I was looking through some of the reviews and see that some people gave it five stars and some gave it only one. I think if the people who gave it one star would practice the principles given in this book they would quickly upgrade their rating.

This book was published in 1937, during the Great Depression, and if the people who suffered during that time had read this book their lives might have been better.

It is really about convincing yourself to become wealthy. It outlines the steps you need to
Gerrie Williams
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Timeless information, great words of wisdom, and excellent advice from, perhaps, the greatest personal development book ever published. The principles can be used for anything that you desire. I bought this bestseller from: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...
Daniel
Aug 17, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Want to get rich?

Don't waste your hard earned money on "Get Rich Quick" books.
Jaidee
Dec 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those that want to be entertained only
Recommended to Jaidee by: discovered when I was six
3 "fascinating, ridiculous but well-meaning" stars !!

2016 MOST AVERAGE OF AVERAGE AWARD

Let me start with a childhood story:

As some of you know, I have an aunt that I love to bits. She has been my anchor in childhood chaos, my wise teacher, my introduction to literature and opera, my favorite playmate and a believer in "Jaidee" through all my trials, challenges and tribulations.

Anyways back to the story. I am about six and I am spending the day with her. We went to Woolworth's for grill
Aug 02, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business, unfinished
About his deaf son on page 37: "We would not permit him to learn sign language. We were determined that he should live a normal life and associate with normal children, and we stood by that decision, although it cost us many heated debates with school officials."

That stupid statement immediately made me dislike Napoleon Hill. As someone who is hard-of-hearing and can function well in "normal society", yet, knows sign language, I take offense to this. I take offense that he thinks knowing sign
Candace
I expected a practical guide to managing personal finance, but got something a little kooky. On to the next one. :)
Mirek Kukla
May 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Overview: 60% brilliant, 30% obvious, 10% batshit crazy - and 100% worth reading

Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich" is about more than getting rich: it's about getting what you want. And while his no-bullshit insights come with a liberal dose of craziness and – well – bullshit, his overarching philosophy is spot-on. Hill's recipe boils down to this: to get what you want you must 1) desire, 2) believe, 3) act, and 4) persist.

First, the battiness
Hill's advice is always useful, even if not always
Hamster
When my dad introduced me to this book he made it sound like every second I wasn't reading it was wasted. I was skeptical. After all, the book was written in 1960, and I hadn't ever heard of it. But I gave it a try, just so my dad would drop it.
What I discovered is that rich people are rich because they're eccentric. Well, maybe not eccentric, but definitely obsessed with the idea of making money. I guess the one good thing this book did for me was help me realize what it would take for me to
Otis Chandler
Jul 14, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Otis by: Gerald Chamales
This is the best self help book any entrepreneur could ever read. Perhaps the only one they need to. Truly transformative. I have it on audio too and listen to it at the gym often.

Napoleon Hill was tasked by Andrew Carnegie to write a book on what made a successful person succeed, and he spent 20 years researching and interviewing every great name of the day (Ford, Woolworth, Edison, etc), plus lots of people who failed (because you have to know what doesn't work too). This book is the result.

Jeffrey
Jan 27, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jeffrey by: Ted Maruishi
Ted, my old boss at KWE (Kintetsu World Express) first recommended this book to me and told me that it very much changed his way of thinking. He said it might do the same to my own thinking.

I was skeptical and after forgetting that age old phrase of "never judge a book by its cover" (and not reading it for two months even after I bought it...I bought it only to appease Ted because I knew he was going to ask me if I had bought it...which he did)I finally sat down to read it and couldn't put it
Shiri
A lot of people I know speak very highly of this book. I disagree. It was so terrible I couldn't stomach finishing it. This is the early predecessor to the contemporary fantasy called "The Secret" - just think hard enough about what you want and it will happen. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's bullshit. Regardless of what Napoleon Hill supposedly researched, desire alone is not a determinant of success.

Don't waste your time and energy on this book. Instead, go read "I Will Teach You To Be
Chad Warner
In this oft-referenced self-help classic, Napoleon Hill promises to share the secret of the wealthiest people of his time (this book was published in 1937). At Andrew Carnegie's bidding, he spent 20 years interviewing and studying over 500 people, including Henry Ford, John Rockefeller, Thomas Edison, Marshall Field, Charles Schwab, and Alexander Graham Bell.

Did I discover the "secret" that will launch me to world-renowned success? Unfortunately, not that I'm aware. Do I have a better
Apokripos
Oct 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all people who wants to be inspired.
Recommended to Apokripos by: No one. It just flashed in my mind.
I bought this book just as the year 2008 is starting. What's odd about this is that I don't even have any inkling of what kind of a book this is when I bought it in downtown Recto (I eventually found that it belong to the self-help genre). The book's title, "Think and Grow Rich" by napoleon Hill just flashed in my mind and, finding no prospective book to read at that time, I plunged on. As of this writing, I had finished the second round of reading it with future plans of doing it the third, ...more
Amit Mishra
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are some books in your bookshelves which you can read many times and every time you will get some new ideas. Think and grow rich is a book like this. Whenever I read this book I find out some new ideas every time. The psychological techniques and dealing with cetain situaiton are delead in a pretty good manner. He is a time tested motivational author who wrote this immortal book. A child or a youth everybody needs motivation because it's a positive source of energy that keeps you going in ...more
R.K. Gold
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unlike Good to Great I don't necessarily see this book as a must-read for business. I thoroughly enjoyed it myself and found a lot of the advice useful for life and self-belief, but as far as a business bible I wouldn't swear on it. What I did find enjoyable was sdespite some of the outdated advice, most of the "self worth" and envisioning/thinking goals into existence are still relevant and while people may disagree with the actual effectiveness of them they do help bolster one's self esteem, ...more
Gabriela
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The mind cannot differentiate between truth and falsehood, we simply need to instruct or manipulate it toward a certain mode!

'Think and Grow Rich' by Napoleon Hill, takes an in depth look at the power of the mind and personal belief and how these influence our success. Hill uses examples of past success such as Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford and Thomas Edison to show how factors such as desire, the subconscious mind, faith and goals can interweave to create favorable condition for success.

The title
Ujjawal Sureka
Genre: Self-improvement, Success.
Publication Date: 1937

This book has been an eye opener.
The author rekindles our ambition and urges us to dream bigger with a strong desire.
Its a book that I highly recommend everyone to read atleast once in their lives.

Few Points by the author worth mentioning:
One should (have)
- Great Power of thought with intense desire.
- Seek expert counsel when needed.
- Go beyond the tipping point of failure, there is success there.
- Success comes to those who become SUCCESS
David Feinstein
Mar 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read hundreds of books over the past many years in my quest for success. "Think and Grow Rich" truly stands right near the top. It has made a positive impact on my life in many ways.

Frankly, as with many wonderful books, I have applied the principles in this book and have reaped incredible results.
Dannii Elle
I eat up self-improvement books on a pretty regular basis and age or popularity ordinarily does nothing to persuade my interest. Given the longevity of this one I, however, relented. This was a pretty quick read, gave clear suggestions to improve success, and was full of interesting and inspirational anecdotes.

As I continued to read through this book, I found it to become a little samey. Like many books of this type there are only a few core elements that the book is structured around. The
Latifah
Nov 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I've ever read. It kept me thinking the whole time about the ideas that I've encountered in this book. It talks about the new philosophy of enlightenment with practical applications of it.
The book talks mainly about accumulating riches, but it could be replaced by any other gaol that one desires.
This book will probably affect your life greatly if you're not already familiar with the new age of enlightenment.
If I have to criticize it, it'll be about one thing only: that
Greg
Nov 17, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Napoleon Hill presents each part of this book as a "definite plan" with "definite steps towards obtaining riches." Instead, what he presents is line after line of trite motivation intermixed with pure gold nuggets of jaw dropping wisdom.

Here's a wonderful little snippet:

"Baldheaded men, for example, are bald for no other reason than their fear of criticism. Heads become bald because of the tight fitting bands of hats which cut off the circulation from the roots of the hair."

Hill repeatedly and
Jessi
Jun 27, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I originally read this book as part of a business mentorship program. I admit, I had some mental blockage when I started reading it, and only because I had personal fears and doubts about finances that I have since addressed by self-educating (see other recommended financial books on my list) and seeking assistance from qualified professionals with a good frame of reference for what I needed advice on (I love my financial advisor, Jason!). My picture of growing "rich" in the beginning was, like, ...more
Robin
Jan 24, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help, finance
I’d wanted to read a classic self-help book, and several modern motivational speakers have credited Napoleon Hill. This book was written in the US in 1937, during recovery from the Great Depression. Hill asserts that the Great Depression was worsened by mass fear, and this concept seems just as valid in today’s economy. Much of what is offered in “The Secret,” including that now-trademarked name (a term that Hill coined but failed to copyright), is a direct rip-off from Hill.

Hill was challenged
Sohaib
"God seems to throw Himself on the side of the man who knows exactly what he wants, if he is determined to get JUST THAT!"

It all starts in the FAITH Department!

Published in 1937, this book is the archetype of all contemporary self-improvement books. Here's why: it draws upon the principles of New Thought, its emphasis on positive thinking and the law of attraction. The basic premise is this: one's external concrete circumstances are nothing more than a reflection of one's inner world and
Laurentiu Bancu
Apr 10, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
- DESIRE: THE STARTING POINT OF ALL ACHIEVEMENT
- nu te lasa descurajat de insuccese. Dimpotriva acestea trebuie sa te motiveze
- Wishing will not bring riches. But desiring riches with a state of mind that becomes an obsession, then planning definite ways and means to acquire riches, and backing those plans with persistence which does not recognize failure, will bring riches.
- To all these I wish to convey the thought that all achievement, no matter what may be its nature, or its purpose, must
mpsiple
Aug 02, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hill accidentally hits on a very biblical theme here - "you become like what you worship" - and then works off the assumption that everyone can and should become very rich.

At times, I was tracking with him, but he totally lost me with his chapters on "sex transmutation" (using sexual energy to make money) and the "invisible counselors" (using imaginary meetings with successful people, such as Abraham Lincoln or Thomas Edison, to gain insight into making money).

Somewhat surprisingly, the book
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Changed the way I saw the world. Continues to change the way I process the world.
Alain Dib
May 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
This book came to me at a time where I needed it. Napoleon hills writing gave me a sense of purpose it helped me reach a certain track in a time where I was lost and couldn't find my way. The first few chapters where really great to read additionally the last few chapters are also enjoyable the only problem of this book is that when you get toward the middle the chapters are kind of boring and I disliked the way the writer repeated the same things over and over again and he emphasized things ...more
Greg Powers
Oct 19, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Do I have to give this a star? This is a self help book that has some good ideas, most of which people already know they should be doing to be successful. He takes on such controversial issues as "never giving up," "planning ahead," and the ever progressive and edgy idea "talk with smart people to get good ideas." The only real problem with the book is he studied hundreds of successful people and that is his research. All of the people had their own individual ways of becoming successful, and ...more

• Rich Dad, Poor Dad
  • The Science of Getting Rich
  • The Power of Positive Thinking
  • The Intelligent Investor
  • Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • The Secret (The Secret, #1)
  • Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future
  • Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
  • Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion
  • Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth
Napoleon Hill was an American author in the area of the new thought movement who was one of the earliest producers of the modern genre of personal-success literature. He is widely considered to be one of the great writers on success. His most famous work, Think and Grow Rich (1937), is one of the best-selling books of all time (at the time of Hill's death in 1970, Think and Grow Rich had sold 20 ...more
“The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desire brings weak results, just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat.” 2325 likes
“You are the master of your destiny. You can influence, direct and control your own environment. You can make your life what you want it to be.” 633 likes