Start by marking “Midnight Sons Volume 2: Daddy's Little Helper / Because of the Baby (Midnight Sons Volumes, #2)” as Want to Read:

Midnight Sons Volume 2: Daddy's Little Helper / Because of the Baby (Midnight Sons #3-4)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  1,491 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews
Location: north of the Arctic Circle. Population: 150 (mostly men!) But the three O'Halloran brothers, who run a bush-plane charter service called Midnight Sons, are heading a campaign to bring women to town.

DADDY'S LITTLE HELPER

Mitch Harris is a friend of the O'Hallorans, and he's responsible for law and order in Hard Luck. He's also the widowed father of a little girl--a
Kindle Edition
Published January 20th 2010 by Brilliance Audio (first published May 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Sons Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Sons Volume 2

Sharon M
May 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just like Debbie Macomber's feel good books. It never tires me reading her books one after the other. It helps me release the stress from work.
Aly
Mar 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seem to be a patern lately but I'm reading this series in descending order. I don't think it spoiled the fun. It's still great to know how it began even if I already know what will happen next. And that's the good thing about it, seeing previous characters and the ones next as well.

Daddy's little helper : 4
Mitch is the public safety officer. A widow and father of a 7 yrs old adorable little girl. When a new teacher arrive in town, he think she's gonna leave like all the others before her. But b
Susan K
Romance, series, but stand alone reads; mild language and sensuality, but clean
Cute second book in this series, definitely a bit dated, but still fun and quirky, along with some great characters, Alaska setting, and of course, some great chemistry as the women who come to Hard Luck settle in and figure out their place in the town, and of course settle into the hearts of some of the bachelors.
Fun, light read, and fun setting. Genuine, honest characters, my favorite kind of light read.
Pam
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alaska Nights: Midnight Sons Volume 2 is by Debbie Macomber. It is actually two books in one, Daddy’s Little Helper and Because of the Baby. Both books are very good and are definitely up to the standards set early by Macomber. They are fairly predictable; but you have to keep reading to find out the twists she puts in them.
Mitch Harris is in charge of law and order in Hard Luck, Alaska. He is a good friend of the O’Hallorans who helped set the town up. He is a widowed father bringing up a lit
Emily
Jul 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: clean-romance
I picked this book up on a whim at a Library sale, it then sat in a box for a couple years. I came across it recently and pulled it out to read. I'm glad I did!
It's fun to read how the stories of different characters are interwoven while still maintaining focus on one couple's story of falling in love.
It's especially refreshing to read a story that does that while remaining "clean".
I'll definitely read on in the series and more!
Jodi A.
Aug 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Debbie Macomber is always a guaranteed winner for something to read. Her characters always feel like someone you want to sit down with and spend hours chatting over coffee. Loved that the publisher decided to re-release this series. I'd read only one of the books of the series, so it was nice to be able to get everyone's story, all in one shot.
Danielle Urban
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alaska Nights by Debbie Macomber is a sweet heartfelt book. Containing two novellas inside, I was intrigued. Both stories were about second chances, new beginnings, and love. Love pops up even when the characters least expect it to...the, there's secrets that are waiting to burst. A father never knowing he had a child and a woman who has yet to tell her ex about the baby they just created together. Funny, realistic, and steady. These characters bring a lot of drama, humor, and friendship whereve ...more
Rebekah Wright
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like romance with a little adventure tossed in there this book is great. There are actually two stories in the book, as you can see from the title. The first story tells of a teacher who moves to Alaska in search of her father but winds up finding more than just her dad while there. She also meets up with Mitch Harris and his daughter, who is one of her students, and melts their hearts as well. The second story is about a couple who have been divorced for a couple of years now. The husban ...more
Judy G Spivey
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Running away to Alaska,doesn't work out for these two men.

A man devastated by the death of his wife comes to Hard Luck Alaska to raise his little girl and promises himself to never marry again. He just didn't count on meeting the new teacher and his daughters fascination and love for her teacher as well as his own. And then there's Matt, divorced from the woman he still loves, comes to Hard Luck to start over. His ex wife has gone to California with a promotion and to start over. One night in Ha
Gina
by Debbie Macomber (Goodreads Author)

I couldn't finish it. It's typical Macomber, syrupy and demeaning to women.
The female characters let men tell them what to think and do and they obey. They can't think for themselves or else they are so wishy-washy they are incredibly boring.

These are really old books by Macomber, mid-90's. Sometimes I'm in the mood and like her books okay. Not this week.
Joyce
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is two books In one. Very enjoyable reads, relaxing and light. The setting
is Hard Luck, Alaska. A place where few women live and work. The people
Are Matt Caldwell and Mitch Harris who is the law In town. Mitch falls
For the new teacher In town and Matt who just build a lodge
remains In love with his ex wife who moved to California. Matt wants her
back. There are ups and downs in each story but the hearts are warm
And loving. Enjoy these two small town romances.
Robin Atkins
Of the 3 books in this Alaska series, I would say that this one is the weakest and my least favorite.
Reading about Karen and Matt and their constant arguing grew tiresome. His paranoia and her constant wavering did get on my nerves and I looked forward to the ending.

From a writing standpoint, it is great. Almost makes a person want to move to AK--almost.

I gave the book 3 stars because of the constant fighting. Big turn off for me.

Jennifer Geoghan
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this series. Could be because I spent a summer in Alaska and really love the setting of this book. But the stories are fun to read. Each book in the series actually has two novellas which was an interesting way to read them.
Mindy Cossins
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
second book in Alaska brides series about 3 O'Halloran brothers finding love/brides
this second book is about the law friend of the three brothers. Mitch finds love with Bethany who is Ben's daughter. Second story in this book is about Matt finding love with Karen.
Ann Boytim
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2nd book in this series of lonely men in an Alaska village who advertise for women to live in this place for a year and offer a cabin and land. Things turn out very differently for these men and women. This book contains two stories .
Linda
May 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book, but after I was about 3/4 of the way through, I realized I had already ready it before. Hate when that happens! But I do enjoy Debbie Macomber books now and then for light, escape reading.
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's a good concept and I love books set in Alaska. But I didn't love the characters or their problems. It fell kind of flat.
Rebamom7
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So fun, love this series!
Marilyn Renaudin
Sweet tales of love

These are two delightful stories of friendship and love. The characters are interesting and fun to learn about. Very good read...

Janlynn
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely continuing story....now I have one more to go!!!
Flo Tinsman
Good

Fun story and an easy read. As with all her books an enjoyable experience. I love all her book. Waiting for the next
Mary
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoying this series - can't wait to get Alaska Home - the story is fun and upbeat, the characters are loving and funny, it is a feel good series. love it!
Jan Stone
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another predictable, enjoyable Debbie Macomber read.
Ruth Rumsey
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book and loved it will read again debbie macomber is great
Natalie
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second book in this series, loved it, just got the 3rd. book I don't know if any more books are planed for this Alaska/Midnight Sons series, but I for one would love to see more.
Ivy
Mar 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was very much old-school Debbie Macomber. You certainly know the end from the beginning. There is nothing deep or profound. A light, easy read.
Ida Lukasik
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it 2 stories in one. I enjoy reading about alaska and being so far away you need to be flown in.
Drebbles
Oct 15, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
Set in Hard Luck, Alaska, "Midnight Sons, Volume 2" consists of two early Debbie Macomber novels: "Daddy's Little Helper" first published in 1995 and "Because of the Baby" first published in 1996.

"Daddy's Little Helper"

Seven-year-old Chrissie decides that it's time her widowed father Mitch got married again and she knows just who she wants to be her new mother - her teacher Bethany Ross. Mitch is attracted to Bethany but wary of romance since his first marriage was a failure. Bethany is attrac
Ellen
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read it because I had lived in Alaska for 20 years. But there really wasn't too much Alaska in it and the second story (Because of the Baby or something like that) really bugged me - I know it's romance and therefore not meant to have much read into it but - the main couple NEVER discussed the problems that lead to their divorce - neither one ever listened to the other - the only thing they had was they "loved" each other and great sex when they were mad...and that brought them back together? ...more
Jun 13, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
Daddy's Little Helper
Mitch is a single dad raising a precocious little girl. He is a widow and not looking to remarry--the first marriage didn't work out well and he doesn't plan to go through it again. Too bad his daughter, Chrissie, has other plans.
Chrissie has decided the new teacher in town, Bethany Ross, would make the perfect wife for her dad. Mitch doesn't disagree that she is pretty and nice and he wouldn't mind getting to know her better, but he has no plans to marry her.

Cute as all the
Midnight Sons Vol 2 2 11 Aug 25, 2013 04:26PM
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Somewhere Along The Way (Harmony #2)
  • The Cowboy and His Baby
  • Seduced by Destiny
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #3.5 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Holiday Magic
  • Where The Heart Is: From This Day / Her Mother's Keeper
  • Underfoot (Bellagio #2)
  • Stories for Christmas: Free heart-warming festive tasters from three bestselling authors
  • A Creed Country Christmas (Montana Creeds, #4)
  • What an Earl Wants
  • The Last Bridge Home
  • The Inconvenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck (Women of the West, #3)
  • From Neighbors...to Newlyweds?
  • Letting Go
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 1,000 weeks on the New York Time ...more
More about Debbie Macomber

Midnight Sons (6 books)
  • Brides for Brothers (Midnight Sons, #1)
  • The Marriage Risk (Midnight Sons, #2)
  • Daddy's Little Helper (Midnight Sons, #3)
  • Because of the Baby (Midnight Sons, #4)
  • Falling for Him (Midnight Sons, #5)
  • Ending in Marriage (Midnight Sons Series, #6)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • To Dream (The Broken Roads #4)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ghouls Rush In (Peyton Clark, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • To Trust (The Broken Roads #1)
  • A Falling Star
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Just Grace (Oklahoma Land Rush, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Nailed (Worked Up, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Montana Cherries (Montana Wildes, #1)
  • The Lake House
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Velvet (The Promised Land #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fated (Servants of Fate, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Emma's Folly (Oklahoma Land Rush, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Redemption (The Love's Valley #4)
  • In the Cards
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tilly (The Drifters & Dreamers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“if he’d learned anything in his four-year marriage it was that women were rarely practical when it came to matters of the heart.” 0 likes
“I feel claustrophobic. I need more than a couple of hours’ light a day. I’m sick and tired of watching the sun set two hours after dawn. I need more light than this.” 0 likes