Start by marking “To Tempt a Sheikh (Pride Of Zohayd, #2)” as Want to Read:
To Tempt a Sheikh (Pride Of Zohayd, #2)

To Tempt a Sheikh

(Pride of Zohayd #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  487 ratings  ·  57 reviews
He rescued hostage Talia Burke from his royal family's rival tribe and swept her into his strong embrace. But Prince Harres Aal Shalaan soon discovered there was more to the brave beauty than he knew. Talia held information vital to protecting his beloved kingdom -- and she had every reason not to trust him.

Marooned together at a desert oasis, Talia couldn't resis
Published February 8th 2011 by Silhouette Desire (first published January 1st 2011)

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of To Tempt a Sheikh (Pride Of Zohayd, #2)
Maire
Apr 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Pride of Zohayd Trilogy

To Tempt A Sheikh
Harres & Talia’s Story
Sheikh Harrres Aal Shalaan & Talia Burke

This is the second book in the Pride of Zohayd Trilogy. This book takes us back in time to the time of The Arabian Nights. This story excites you and makes you want to travel back in time. Harres & Talia’s love story is not an ordinary one and the path to true love is not an easy one and the bumps along the way keeps you wondering the outcome
Samantha
Jan 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Prince Harres Aal Shalaan, second son of the king, is assigned to rescue a hostage by the name of T.J. Burke. He has been hunting for the man for a long time, but it is almost as if T.J. is a figment of his imagination. Hot on a trail, he goes to a hotel room and spots a small, young man with an intense gaze. He knows something isn’t right with T.J., but now is not the time to question him. Harres has to rescue T.J. because his rivals are on their backs.

Once they are in close proximi
Hanife
First-able I must say characters dialogues make me smile every time. I think I kind of falling love with the hero <3 And every time I do that - falling love with the hero - I complain about the reality of this. Why this guys not found in earth? Or why I didn't find them? Why.. Anyway it's a enjoyable reading progress Miss or Mrs. Gates doing very good job with this book. If you love sheikh stories I think you'll love this too!
Amelia
Feb 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Pride of Zohayd series is packed with emotion, passion and conspiracies. Olivia Gates once again takes her readers on an adventurous journey where romance is unexpected and dreams seem impossible. TO TEMPT A SHEIKH is fantasy worthy in countless ways.

As the head of security for Zohayd, there have been numerous missions where risks must be faced by Prince Harres Aal Shalaan. When an enemy of his ruling family takes a hostage in hopes of helping their goal in ove
Gillian Wheatley
May 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourtie
A true desert romance with a hero to die for and a fiesty heroine. What more could you want in a romance novel. Harres, our hero, is honourable, brave and totally gorgeous - he has now become my favourite Olivia Gates's hero - I was lost as soon as he was described as having long dark hair! I adore men with long hair. T.J or Talia, our heroine, is a doctor who believes that Harres and his family are to blame for her brother being in prison and so hates him the minute she finds out his identity. ...more
Cari
Mar 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: desire, olivia-gates
Are you looking for a book that has you falling in love with the hero from almost the first page? Harres and Talia's story is one of those books that you'll miss appointments, stay up all night, and not fix dinner to finish it. You won't want to put it down until you finish and even then you want it to continue.

Harres rescues Talia from dangerous people in order to gain information from her. She was disguised as a man, but Harres still felt an attraction like no other for her. Talis hates him a
Fictional Bookshelf
Catherine
Feb 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is my introduction to Olivia Gates and boy am I glad I've stumbled upon her. To Tempt a Sheikh is rich with color, culture and love that had me turning pages over and over. I look forward to going back and reading the first book and keeping an eye out for future books. Well done, Olivia!

I learned today that Olivia Gates lives in Egypt where life has been turned upside down. Her release of To Tempt A Sheikh by Silhouete Desire was released today... so run and pick it up!
Christa Runge
Jan 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
To Tempt a Sheikh by Olivia Gates
T. J. Burke has been kidnapped and Harres Aal Shalaan planned on freeing him. T. J had information that could potentially harm the Aal Shalaan family. But when Harres rescued T. J he discovered T. J was actually Talia Jasmine pretending to be her brother. Plus she hated all the Aal Shalaan family because she believes they wrongly imprisoned her brother. Now Harres has to convince her they can have a future together.

The author was so descriptive
Elaine Howell
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Liked the second book in this series. You find out more about the ruling family and how far the sons will go to protect the nation. Harres and Talia are perfect for each other as they are both strong people who know what they want and go for it.
Hanife
Mar 24, 2012 marked it as to-read-one-day  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
İkinci çevirim. :)

My second translation.
Riverina Romantics
Feb 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-amazon, sheikh
3.75 Stars

"Everything before you passed and went to waste." - My favourite heart fluttering quote.

I'm a sucker for a good Sheikh book. No idea why, the appeal of the sexy, powerful and royal men of the desert just do things for me and I find myself craving them on a regular basis. And I have grown to appreciate the way Olivia Gates portrays these yummy men.

Parts of this book had me deeply enthralled, loving every line, every sweet soft word. It really hit the spot.

Prince Harres Aal Shalaan/>"Everything
Marlene
Feb 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was SO different and it had everything I read books for. It had action and danger and wit and chemistry and incredible descriptions of the desert and the oasis. You feel you're right there in one of those adventure movies just living it all with the hero and heroine. And did I mention chemistry? Harres and Talia's passion and connection blazed off the pages, from the moment he saw her and thought she was... No! I have to let you read "that" for yourself. It's priceless. :-D
To Tempt a
Mzpastrychef
May 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
The begining began as a twist.. it turned into a very good story.. Loved the romance....
Jenn - Reviews
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-sheikhs
Well, I LOOOVED THIS STORY! As Olivia herself said, this is a true desert romance. I absolutely loved Haress, so noble in everything he did. The intensity of emotions between hero and heroine just fly off the pages and into the readers heart. A FABULOUS read!
Samantha
Feb 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Five Stars plus!

What can I say about this book? That it surprised and delighted me wouldn't be enough. I always expect a top notch read when I open an Olivia Gates book, but surely didn't expect any of what I got this time. The opening scenes with the rescue and the escape in the desert, then the crash were exhilarating. The trek across the desert to the oasis were the best character dissection and relationship development and the best descriptions and impressions of a desert I ever
Penney
Apr 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Great series. Lots of excitement and romance!
Floqueta
Mar 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arab-sheikh-h
Sorry for a so short review, but I must say, this author has an enchanting writting style. Some of her sentences convey such deep feelings and beauty that they are like poetry!
Dee
I didn't enjoy this one as much as I had the first in the trilogy (To Tame a Sheikh)I found it a little slow and found myself skipping through the pages to get to an interesting part. It did start to pick up in the latter part of the story which is the only thing that kept me reading.

It did have Ms Gates' style of writing all over it bu
Tara
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
To Tempt a Sheikh is the first *real* desert romance I've read, in that it's actually in the desert, in its scary magnificence. it's also got so much beside an explosive love story. it's got action and adventure and danger and so much fun in the verbal battles of the hero and heroines. The heroine Talia thinks the hero's family is responsible for her twin's imprisonment and the hero Harres remains the real desert knight that he is throughout, powerful, honorable and in bed...just wow. You gotta ...more
Joy
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
To Tempt a Sheikh starts with a breathless rescue operation in the desert, an escape, a helicopter crash, and from then on, the emotion doesn't let up. The trek across the desert as Harres takes Talia on foot to the nearest oasis for their salvation and when they finally make it there after almost dying, is the best and literally real 'desert romance' I've read. The twists in the end would have made the story for me, if I didn't love it all through, which I did.
Tanya Mayes
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: harlequin-desire
I love this book I can't believe I skipped it at first. I love Prince Harres. He met his match with Talia (T.J.). I the beginning when he went to rescue the hostage I laughed so hard at Prince Harres at that little twist in there it had me crying. I love how the author wrote that scene. Talia was great I love that she could hold her own. I really like strong heroines. I think that's what attracted Harres to her. The absolute best was there trek across the desert. The way it was written I felt li ...more
Mariah
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
To Tempt a Sheikh was a one-of-a-kind desert romance! Prince and black ops sheikh Harres (Guardian in Arabic) was a one-of-a-kind hero who also got an equal heroine in trauma surgeon Talia Burke! I loved the book from the first moment their eyes met in that dingy cabin in the middle of the desert where he'd gone to rescue the stranger he thought had the key to his kingdom's salvation, right through their breath bating escape, through their trek through the desert to the oasis, to their magical t ...more
Maria Lina
Jan 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This books starts out like no other Desire you've ever read. It's adventurous, humorous, and hot! After a very action-packed start, the two get to spend a long, luxurious time alone. This was so fabulous! Almost a whole book or hero and heroine alone time! You'll fall in love with Harres and his strength and passion. You'll admire the spunk and intelligence of Talia. And you'll melt with their passion.
Chitra *CJ*
"To Tempt a Sheikh" is the story of Talia and Harees.
When middle prince Harees goes on a mission to find the perpetrator for the jewel theft, he never expects to find an "old man" and be attracted to him!
Soon the disguise is revealed, and turns out Talia is out to avenge the imprisonment of her brother by Aal Shalaan family- while he's totally bowled over by her.
A trek in the desert, some survival skills, a truth confessed leads to the couple giving in to their attraction and f
Fiona Marsden
Apr 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sheikh lovers who love hot steamy desert nights...and days.
Recommended to Fiona by: Author series
When Dr Olivia Gates tells you to take two Sheikh's and get back to her in the morning, you know you have a prescription that will get you feeling better. Harres Aal Shalaan is Sheikh number one on that prescription because I'd already read about his brother, the first in the Pride of Zohayd series. Well, I have to say Harres is the best medicine for someone craving a male who is pretty much everything you could ever want in a man. Gorgeous, sexy, brave, intelligent, sexy, strong as an ox. Did I ...more
Laila
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow. And I mean WOW. Now THIS is a TRUE desert romance! And it's another testament to Olivia Gates's mastery of all genres that she incorporated action adventure with humor, passion and intrigue. And the result is a heady mix of the best of all genres. This book sent me searching for her thrillers from the Bombshell line, and let me tell you, I was amazed all over again by how she explosively, flawlessly executed full-on, all-out action/adventure/thrillers with a unique and incendiary romance at ...more
AelixRage
Sep 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Pant-worthy"

Now, that's a word you don't come by everyday!

This was a fascinating read. I like how the author weaves the story around a central plot in the mini-series but gives each book it's own individual flavor. Olivia Gates has a way with words that seems to provide readers a deeper dive into the story, making it almost a personal experience. There is also the way she uses Arabic (though in an english language kind of way) and the concept of Ishq, I think it adds to
Joy

I couldn't help laughing at Harres confusion over his physical attraction to the man he had just rescued, one TJ Burke but of course it doesn't take him long before he realises that his mind was blocking what his body had been trying to tell him all along.

I know I've gone on and on about the author in my other reviews of her Sheik books but she really is an amazing author. Her heroes and heroines in the four books of Olivia Gates I've read so far all share a deep abiding and passionate love for
Susan (susayq ~)
I think I liked this one more than the first one. It started off with a bunch of action then transitioned into a few weeks of unbridled passion while they were at a desert oasis awaiting rescue. And let me just say that the way Olivia Gates described the desert, oasis and the people who lived there makes me want to travel there.

My only complaint with this is that there was absolutely no resolution concerning the bad guy who had Talia kidnapped and is threatening the Aal Shaaleen family. I get t

• Forbidden: The Sheikh's Virgin (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #3)
  • The Sheikh's Forbidden Virgin (The Royal House of Karedes #4)
  • Hajar's Hidden Legacy (Beasts of the Desert, #1)
  • Wedlocked: Banished Sheikh, Untouched Queen (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #1)
  • Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • The Greek Billionaire's Innocent Princess (The Royal House of Karedes #5)
  • The Innocent's Surrender
  • Pregnancy of Passion
  • The Christmas Love-Child
  • A Reputation for Revenge (Princes Untamed, #2)
  • Captured by the Sheikh (Rivals to the Crown of Kadar #1)
  • Commanded by the Sheikh (Rivals to the Crown of Kadar #2)
  • The Desert King's Housekeeper Bride (The Royal House of Karedes #8)
  • Scandal: His Majesty's Love-Child (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #4)
  • The Playboy Sheikh's Virgin Stable-Girl (The Royal House of Karedes #2)
  • Pregnant by the Greek Tycoon
  • Ruthless Russian, Lost Innocence
I am a USA TODAY Bestselling Author of 45 books in different genres including Contemporary Romance, Medical Romance, Medical Action Thrillers and Paranormal Romance. My upcoming works will also veer into fantasy.

But one thing is for sure…there will always be central romances in my books. The all-consuming kind that leaves readers breathless and begging for more.

I love to hear fron my

Pride of Zohayd (4 books)
  • To Tame a Sheikh (Pride Of Zohayd #1)
  • To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd, #3)
  • Lai šventė prasideda (Zohaido didybė, #1-3)
“Everything before you passed and went to waste.” 14 likes