Start by marking “Ebon (Pegasus, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ebon

Robin McKinley

Ebon

(Pegasus #2)

To ask other readers questions about Ebon, please sign up.
Melissa If you read her FAQ section on her site, she doesn't say it, but she clearly suffers from bouts of chronic writers block. Her late husband completed t…moreIf you read her FAQ section on her site, she doesn't say it, but she clearly suffers from bouts of chronic writers block. Her late husband completed the Elements stories without her because she was holding the project up. The Damar books were supposed to be a series and she hasn't done a thing with it since the 1980s. I suspect her books that just end at what feel like it should only be the middle are her hitting a wall, declaring it done and her editor allowing it to go to press to get something out rather than demand a proper end (talking to you Sunshine- I was sure my copy of that was missing another chapter the way it ended). Her early books are cherished favorites and complete thoughts, but I have largely given up on her works because of the non endings she scrambles to justify when fans call her on it. In short, her husband's illness and death aren't 100% to blame for the delay and I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing a sequel soon. Sorry.(less)

Start your review of Ebon (Pegasus, #2)
Rachel
Aug 11, 2012 marked it as to-read
For those who have been commenting on their reviews that the book "just stopped", I would recommend they go look at Robin McKinley's website. She has specifically stated that this book is NOT a sequel. In fact, Pegasus is ONE book that happens to be printed in three books. Think Lord of the Rings, which technically was divided into six books, published in three, and is ONE book.

So, for those who complain about Pegasus ending suddenly, with no conclusion to the end of the book, that's because it
Colleen
Apr 02, 2012 marked it as to-read
2012 2014 2015?!!!! OKAY, I HAVE BEEN WAITING SINCE EIGHTH GRADE TO READ THIS BOOK. I AM ABOUT TO ENTER SENIOR YEAR! THIS IS NOT OKAY!!!!!!!! I understand that writing takes a while. I'm a writer too. But you expect fans to still be around after this long? McKinley is lucky Pegasus was amazing. The author is clearly talented. But if you can't deliver the second one, why publish the first one? I hate cliff-hangers. I was warned one was coming. I read it anyways. I decided a good book could be wor ...more
Katerina
Nov 24, 2011 marked it as to-read
Robin Mckinley, I could kiss you. I almost thought you were going to leave Pegasus as it was. I'm dying for this book, and I hope you hurry to finish it!

8/25/13

It's been too long since I've checked this page... and there STILL isn't a picture of the cover released?! I'm beginning to get worried... Robin McKinley isn't exactly young... >.<

12/13/13

So. 2014 is next year, right? So theoretically, if this was actually happening there should be a cover by now? Right? #panicattack

4/19/15

Well, would yo
Tracey
Jan 28, 2015 marked it as wishlist
Shelves: fantasy
For anyone angry/frustrated/p.o.'d/whathaveyou that this book *insert whiny voice here* hasn't come out yet - - before you go whinging to Robin about it, read her blog. Specifically, here: http://robinmckinleysblog.com/2014/10... , and her summation of how she's feeling on the matter:

In fact I am wildly, frantically frustrated and crazy over it. Just by the way.

And then go pester G.R.R. Martin about when his next book is coming out. Double dog dare you.
Regina Tam
Sep 29, 2011 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012, 2014, fantasy
what the heck it went from 2012 to 2014??? i cant wait that long for a book sequel and the first one was so oddly written, i think most ppl will forget about the book if it comes out so late! WHY R U DOING THIS TO MEEEE???
shucks..............
2014 UPDATE: omg its 2015 now??? WHATS GOING ON?? I dont even remember the plot anymore..*sob
Creative A
Nov 14, 2011 marked it as to-read
2014? Ohh...fudge :(
Ruhegeist
Dec 24, 2011 marked it as to-read
Oh, such a long wait until 2014. I'm sure it will be worth it. ...more
Darcy (Daydreamingofbookdragons)
THE WORLD IS BLESSED AND A BOOK I LONG THOUGHT WOULD NEVER GET IT'S SEQUEL WILL APPARENTLY GET IT'S SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!

I read Pegasus yonks ago (like, I think around a decade) and always assumed that there would be/was a book two. Then one fateful day I saw a post* about Pegasus on Instagram and the poster** seemed to think it was a single book. I'm sorry, what?? No! Pegasus ends on a cliffhanger. It can't be left like that. That isn't fair!

I went searching on Goodreads and yes! There was a book two
Aqua
Jan 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
**Update March 2018: McKinley's blog has mysteriously gone down and hasn't come back for a month. I have no idea what happened or why she went completely silent online, but I hope the author is ok.
Update end of March 2018: Mckinley's blog has been revamped and is back. Her old blog posts (and thus all my links to her blog) are completely gone, so I've deleted all the links. Glad to know she's alright and back online. Hopefully she'll write Ebon someday...
Update May 2018: McKinley has at last me
MB (What she read)
Jun 12, 2012 marked it as to-read
Frankly, I doubt we're ever going to get this book.

I wish she'd go back to writing again, or just announce her retirement. That'd be better than this state of limbo. But. That doesn't seem to be happening.

(Yes, I know about the writer's block and the loss of her husband. My sympathies.)

Thanks, but no thanks:
The blog is not at all interesting to me, (view spoiler), but to each his own I guess. YMMV.

On a positive note:
Thanks for all the e
Annie
Apr 16, 2015 marked it as to-read
4/16/15
It's 2015, and Ebon is supposed to be out this year. Finally out this year after being pushed back and with Robin writing it and rewriting it and whatever.
There is no recent mention of it on her blog or website though and I just
I NEED IT.
GIVE IT TO ME.
please please please
5/5/15
Please?
Charis
Oct 09, 2012 marked it as to-read
I just finished Pegasus, and I need this book! I need to know what happens! Oh, I can't wait two years! This impossible! No!! ...more
Emma Jean
Apr 15, 2014 marked it as to-read
2015?!? What?! No! I can't wait this long, and I haven't even finished Pegasus! ...more
Mora
Jul 23, 2019 marked it as unreleased
Shelves: will-not-exist
hi this needs to exist please Robin McKinley hear the cries of your patient readers who have waited year and years and years for a continuation of Pegasus
Paige
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Pegasus was published in 2010, its been FIVE YEARS! I read the first book in middle school and now in a month I will be starting college, please Ms. McKinley release the second book before I have children!!!!!!
Tara
Apr 25, 2014 marked it as to-read
OH MY GOD!!!!! Over a year till Ebon???!!!! I can't wait that long!!! Awwwww T___T ...more
Lucianna Mee
Dec 16, 2017
Eva-may doyle
Jan 02, 2019
Wait... so is this a sequel or not? 5 62 Jan 31, 2015 02:49PM
Born in her mother's hometown of Warren, Ohio, Robin McKinley grew up an only child with a father in the United States Navy. She moved around frequently as a child and read copiously; she credits this background with the inspiration for her stories.

Her passion for reading was one of the most constant things in her childhood, so she began to remember events, places, and time periods by what books

Pegasus (3 books)
  • Pegasus (Pegasus, #1)
  • The Golden Country (Pegasus, #3)