Start by marking “Wolfsbane (Discarded Heroes #3)” as Want to Read:
Wolfsbane (Discarded Heroes #3)

Wolfsbane

(Discarded Heroes #3)

A 2012 Christy Award Winner.  Embark upon a danger-laden mission within the pages of Ronie Kendig’s riveting Wolfsbane. Demolitions expert Danielle Roark thought escaping from a brutal Venezuelan general was a challenge. Now she’s charged with espionage and returned to the jungle where a new nightmare begins. Will Dani survive or become just another political pawn destined ...more
Published July 1st 2011 by Barbour Books

To ask other readers questions about Wolfsbane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolfsbane

Casey
Jul 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
In. Ten. Se.

Let’s just drag that word out for a teensy bit. Because this book is one CHARGED story.

Man! From dialogue to setting to character to the ACTION, this book doesn’t rest for a single second.

While I was reading, I tried to pinpoint what keeps this book so fast-paced. It’s the words the author chooses. Every single one throws you from word to word, catapults you from sentence to sentence and let’s not even start on paragraphs or chapter endings.

My point: the writing is strong. Ronie und
Renee
Dec 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Canyon "Midas" Metcalfe a member of the Nightshade black ops team is tortured by his past and pain has manifested itself both emotionally and physically and it has him in a death grip. Danielle Roark, an explosives expert who was captured and tortured after a mission gone wrong in the jungles of South America is at the end of her rope until the handsome Metcalfe brothers come to her rescue time and again. Both Canyon and Dani must face the horrors of the past, risking death at the hands of a sad ...more
Fiction Aficionado
This book is one of my all-time favourite books EVER! It’s intense, gritty, action-packed, and loaded with testosterone, and there’s something about the rawness of both Canyon and Dani that digs in and grabs hold of me every time I open its pages. It doesn’t matter that I know what’s coming; I get sucked in every. single. time. By their stories and their relationship.

Individually, Canyon and Dani have the kind of histories that would scar a person for life, but neither has the kind of temperamen
Lisa Phillips
Aug 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Intense, edgy Christian Fiction from a woman qualified to write a book about soldiers.

Danielle Roark, a Lieutenant and demolitions expert is in Venezuela with her team when they are ambushed. The men are held for ransom, but as the only woman Dani is taken to their General where she is tortured and raped (a lot) for 6 months. Eventually she manages to escape with a flash drive.
Problem is the information on it is too perfect. The Senate committee doesn’t believe her because information on her com
Julie
Mar 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
In this third installment of the Discarded Heroes series, Canyon "Midas" Metcalfe keeps having flashbacks of that horrible day when it all went wrong. Why can't he seem to get it right? Why do men seem to be so stupid at times? It should have been a simple mission and he just had to blow it all.

Danielle has been trapped in the confines of a horrible beast for way too long. His tirades are intolerable and she has to get out. And she does...can she recoup from all the horrors of living like this
Hannah
This was a great tale, even though it's not my favorite of the series. I love the characters, but what they go through is just brutal. Also, they make a choice that, while realistic, is foolish and wrong. Kendig is a great writer, and I am really looking forward to book four...
The Sherlock
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gahhhh so good! I’m running out of adjectives!
April
Wow, what an intense, action packed ride! I had to stay up way too late last night to finish, what I believe to be Kendig's best novel yet! Man are her characters believable! Reading this novel, felt like sitting through a movie on the edge of my seat most of the time.

Let's go beyond the well fleshed out characters, the suspenseful plot; this story had heart to it. Kendig shows us pieces of ourselves and of life, and they are not all puppies and roses. There are hard things we face in this life
Sarita
Rating 4.5 stars

Wow, this book. This book was probably my favourite of the series so far. The book deals with heavy subjects, so it is not suitable for sensitive/young readers (view spoiler), but for me it added to the depth of the characters.

Danielle was captured and held captive for six month by a horrible man, then managed to escape. Her struggles back in the world was real and emotional. Canyon, even though he is imperfect and made so much
MaryLu Tyndall
Jul 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
FANTASTIC! This book is Romantic Military Suspense, so if you're looking for a light, fluffy read, this isn't it! All I can say is, I was riveted to every page. The characters Dani and Canyon are both so real, so incredibly wounded by tragic circumstances, that you will pull your hair out, hoping and praying that God heals them and they get together. Put them in the middle of intrigue, betrayal, secret missions to Venezuela, really evil dudes vying for power and money, and a special ops team tha ...more
Ashley Nikole
One of my FAVOURITE suspense books of all time. Geez. So jam-packed with gritty emotions and circumstances and characters that feel so real and relatable. Every minute I was on the edge of my seat--cheering, then wailing "noo!" from scene to scene.
What a feast for the reading senses.
The romance--what even.
The characters--yes, please. Canyon & Dani--like opposites attract in THE BEST WAY. Their relationship. SWOON. I feel like I could read five books all about them and never get bored.
The
Inspirationalfictionreader
Did y’all hear that? That was me releasing the breath I held almost the entire time I read Wolfsbane. WOW! Ronie Kendig, I love you, but you can put your characters in some horrible situations! Right when you start thinking they are safe and that everything’s going to work out - BAM! No! Something happens to, once again, make your heart start racing.

I LOVE this book, no, this series! It is awesome! As I’ve said before, Ronie Kendig writes the BEST male characters. Right now, the Discarded Heroe
MBR
Apr 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of military romances
Recommended to MBR by: Netgalley
4 Stars Military Romance

Wolfsbane is the 3rd book in the series entitled Discarded Heroes by Ronie Kendig. This series focuses on men who have served their country in the military, men who have been discarded by their government who are then infused with hope by a high ranking official who gives them a chance to become a member of an elite black ops team known as Nightshade.

Captain Canyon Metcalfe is such a hero whose career as a Green Beret medic had been ripped out of his hands 24 months pri
Rachel
Jan 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I will admit to doing a happy dance when I walked into work (a bookstore) and saw that Wolfsbane, the newest Military/Romantic-Suspense novel by Ronie Kendig, had been released. Literally, I danced. A co-worker and I had been eagerly counting down the days/months until the release - being that we are such fans of the series. It should be noted that when the aforementioned co-worker walked in the store later on and I shoved a copy of the book in her face, she too squealed and did a happy dance.
Lisa Johnson
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title:Wolfsbane
Author: Ronie Kendig
Pages: 432
Year: 2018
Publisher: Task Force Press
My rating is 4 out of 5 stars.
Canyon Metcalf, or Midas, has been dishonorably discharged from the service. All he has wanted to do has been to serve his country as a member of the military. Now, his dream has been taken from him after he was forced into remaining silent, taking the blame for something he didn’t do, and he can’t tell anyone about it. Now, he has been recruited to serve as a member of Nightshade, a s
Sara
Jul 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Wow! That seems to be what I say whenever I finish one of Ronie Kendig's books. I'm not even sure where to begin this one...but simply put: this book ROCKED my world! Ronie continues to amaze me with her depth of characters and plot, her heartfelt writing and her ever present message of faith. She just keeps getting better and better.

In the previous books, Canyon is known as "the quiet and easy-going one", yet there were so many things that caught me by surprise in this book as we get to know hi
Jul 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Title: WOLFSBANE
Author: Ronie Kendig
Publisher: Barbour Books
July 2011
ISBN: 978-1-60260-784-2
Genre: Fiction/Christian/Suspense

What are your dirty little secrets? and how do they impact the world in which you live? In Book 3 of the Discarded Heroes Series, author Ronie Kendig explores the many lives of a lie, and shows in graphic detail Satan’s two most feared tactics: deception and destruction.

Danielle Roark, an Army Corps of Engineers demolitions expert, is the only survivor of a failed mission.
Janna Ryan
Sep 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ah, yes. All is right with the world because Ronie Kendig has another book in her Discarded Heroes Series out! Her style of writing with strong characters, tight plots filled with suspense and danger and lots of drama from the past all rolled into one is so intense that I can hardly put her books down. Wolfsbane doesn't disappoint and all I could think the whole time I am reading it is - how much longer until the next one comes out!!! If you haven't read Ronie Kendig yet then you must dive in no ...more
Kim (Bookishly Me)
This is the third in the Disgarded Heroes series, but the first I read. And to have missed the first two books in the series isn't a problem to follow this story.

I really enjoyed this book. This book is full of action and even when there is just a family party going on Ronie Kendig knows how to keep your attention. Roarke is a strong female. Even after all she has been through, being held captive by the VFA in Venezuela, she escapes and when she comes home she's being accused of being a traitor.
Teresa
This was a great book. It had adventure, action, inspiration, romance, thrills, chills, redemption, forgiveness, hope, trust, faith and excitement. Ronie Kendig wrote about some very sensitive issues in this book. There were a few things that were uncomfortable reading about but it showed the strength and courage of Danielle. In this book, you come to understand why Canyon "Midas" is so secretive and more of a loner. Ms. Kendig writes in a way that makes you feel what the characters are going th ...more
Margaret Metz
This is definitely as fast-paced and tense as the other books in her series. It isn't as clean. Christian characters do some things that are pretty . . . non-characteristic of Christian characters (but not necessarily non-characteristic of backslidden Christians). Some of it seemed to be unrealistic with the rest of the plot and/or character history to that point.

All that aside, it was still a good story with well written characters. I wanted to find out what would happen to them and how they w
Barbara
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
In this book, we get to know Canyon. I found it amusing how all the children in his family were named after things in nature. Brothers~~Stone, Leif, Range, sister Willow. I had the time to myself and was able to read this book in two days. Oh my gosh, it's 2 in the morning. I just couldn't put it down. At first I found it confusing and hard to follow. It kept going between what was happening in the present and something that was happening I wasn't sure when. But I finally pieced it all together. ...more
Aerykah
Not as good as the first 2, I think (I had a bit of a struggle getting into it), but still definitely worth reading. I liked the way Canyon's family was portrayed. The struggles of both Dani and Canyon were well written (which I've come to expect from Ronie Kendig even after reading only 2 other of her books). Can't wait to read book 4!
Elizabeth
Dec 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great read, I can't wait to start the next one.
C.S. Wachter
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After a harrowing escape from a madman in South America, the last thing demolitions expert Danielle Roark expects is to be betrayed by those she trusts and forced back into the jungle where she’d originally been taken.

Ex-Green Beret Captain Canyon Metcalf is struggling with his own demons. When he is summoned to sit in on a court proceeding, he is shocked to find his brother, Range, accompanying the beautiful young woman on trial.

The characters, interactions, and story pulled me in right from t
Linda
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I just finished reading the paperback version of Wolfsbane, and while I mostly enjoyed it (except for Chapter 19), I did find some errors in the text:

Page 20, wood chaffed (CHAFED) her arm; 122, then pealed (PEELED) into the night; 140, Hummer trounced (JOUNCED) and pitched; 206, feeling his passion fueled (FUEL) her own; 330, anger leeched (LEACHED) into her words; 331, Lambert Resident (RESIDENCE), Virginia.

At first I thought Tres Kruces was an error (because, as far as I know, only one Spanis
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wowzers!

this has long been one of my favorite books that Ronie has written but the revision just makes it all that much MORE! It is now even more difficult to put down. This story is about Determination, grace, love and forgiveness not only from God but learning to forgive oneself. This is one book that you will not want to put down until the last page is read. Try it... You won't regret it.
Vanessa Rasanen
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Could not put it down. So good. I love that Mrs Kendig writes of strong men striving to be Godly and strong women who are willing to submit in a biblical sense. It was a breath of fresh air to see writing that touched on tough topics without being vulgar or obscene.

I am sad that I only have one book left in this series. I don’t want to leave the men of Nightshade and the women who support them. They feel like family. I may just have to buy them so I can reread regularly.
Dianne Sidebottom
I read the first book and it got an award. When I saw Rel n Ronie advertise the new version on Friday, I needed to get it and read it. I did read it, triggered some memories of the story, I'm not sure what was added but it's still a great story. Nightshade team n it's members having relationships that make the group even bigger. Firethorn the next to be revised.
LadySnowAngel
After reading the Discarded Heroes series in just five days, I think Canyon "Midas" Metcalfe and Dani Roark are my favorite couple. I really love their story: so much action, adventure, romance....
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Don't Look Back
  • The Seduction of Samantha Kincade (Dangerous Men, #1)
  • Indelible
  • Lethal Legacy (Guardians of Justice, #3)
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Falls Like Lightning
  • Catch Me
  • River of Eden
  • A Just Deception (Private Protectors, #3)
  • No Safe Haven
  • Pursuit Of Justice (Call of Duty, #3)
  • Deceiving the Protector (Resurrection, #2)
  • Altered Destiny
  • In the Shadow of Evil
  • Viper's Kiss (McCormack Security Agency, #1)
  • Wiser Than Serpents (Mission: Russia, #3)
  • Now You See Him...
  • Avenged (Pacific Coast Justice, #3)
Ronie Kendig is an award-winning, bestselling author who grew up an Army brat. She married her own hunky hero, who’s an Army veteran. After twenty-plus years of marriage, she and her husband have a full life with four children and a retired military working dog. Ronie’s degree in psychology has helped her pen novels of raw, broken characters.

Since launching onto the publishing scene, Ronie’s Rapi

Discarded Heroes (4 books)
  • Nightshade (Discarded Heroes, #1)
  • Digitalis (Discarded Heroes #2)
  • Firethorn (Discarded Heroes, #4)