Start by marking “Tears of the Moon” as Want to Read:
Tears of the Moon

Tears of the Moon (Gallaghers of Ardmore #2)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  27,102 Ratings  ·  637 Reviews
A talented songwriter, Shawn Gallagher spends his days lost in reverie and wonder, oblivious to the wiles of women and the ways of the world. He claims that he's content with his life, but his music tells a different story�one of loneliness and desperate longing�

No one understands why Shawn doesn't put his musical gift to profitable use�least of all Brenna O'Toole, a fierc
Published July 4th 2000 by Brilliance Audio (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Tears of the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tears of the Moon

Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
“Ah, kiss me, love, and miss me, love,
and dry your bitter tears. (Irish Pub Song)”

First book Jewels of the Sun, Jude and Aidan's book

Once again, we are drawn into the beauty of Ireland, Gallagher's Pub, and our friends in the Gallagher and O'Toole clans, plus the other quirky people of Ardmore Bay.

Now it's Shawn and Brenna's turn... their journey isn't a smooth one, both are stubborn to a fault. Shaun's a dreamer and does things in his own way and smart as a whip. Brenna's smart as well, fiery
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one... As hard as it may seem, it's even better that Jewels of the Sun. Nora keeps excelling herself. It was so good I finished it in one day. So good, i'll probably re-read... in very short notice.

If Aidan and Jude were cute and flammable... Shawn and Brenna are simply sensational and so flammable it turned out explosive. I mean a dreamer and a doer... They are faded to collide. To complete the mixture add a since-infants friendship. Really, Nora could go wrong, but as her usual way hand
Marisa Sauco
Me gustó. Me faltó un poquito más de emoción en esta pareja.
Shannon (Twilight Sleep)
I am NOT a big romance fan...but I am a big fan of most things Celtic. I actually read this series a while back - I discovered them in the Honor section of my local library and when I realized the plots took place in Ireland, I decided to borrow them. Like I said, I'm not a big fan of romantic novels, but I have read enough of them to be able to say that this is the only series of the genre that has really stuck with me (except maybe the Three Sisters Island trilogy by the same author). Roberts ...more
Dec 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
This book was my fave of the trilogy. Having read Nora Roberts for about ten years now, I have come to know her plots, craftiness and penchant for trilogies! This Irish trilogy is one of my top five written by Roberts.

Edited and Updated 5/22/15

I love the two main characters Sean and Brenna (the gorgeous artist and the tomboy). They are the middle characters of the trilogy that surprisingly made me connect the most. There's Brenna,the son her father never had, with her crowd of sisters. Then the
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I worked as a plumber for 7 years while in the military, and then worked in a hardware store for another 8 later. I'm just relaying this so I can explain one of my pet peeves when reading a book. It has actually led to projectile books against unsuspecting walls. I HATE it when an author doesn't do enough research before putting their characters in a home repair or building place. I've unstopped hundreds of toilets and sinks, repaired hundreds of faucets and shoveled gallons of shit, literally. ...more
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is not as good as the previous one of the trilogy. But, I liked it anyway.
Dec 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biblioteca, 2012
"As Lágrimas da Lua" é o segundo volume da Trilogia Irlandesa. Desta vez traz-nos a história de Shawn Gallagher e Brenna O'Toole.

Shawn e Brenna conhecem-se desde sempre. Mas agora, dez anos após Brenna ter começado a sentir uma atracção por Shawn, ela ganha coragem e faz uma proposta a Shawn que mudará tudo...

Este livro proporcionou-me bons momentos e umas boas gargalhadas. É impossível não nos rirmos com as picardias entre os protagonistas e não gostar do choque de personalidades. Eles são tão
Nov 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nora Roberts fans,People who are interested in Ireland
Recommended to Devina by: Amazon
Shelves: magic, romance
I liked Tears of the Moon a bit better than Jewels of the Sun, maybe it's because Brenna had rubbed off on me from the very start!We share the tomboyish nature but I must say she has a considerably harder head than I do or I just might be lying to myself.

Carrick sure had his work cut out for him with those two,them being Shawn and Brenna, enough said.The love was already there between them but they never realized that it was really love and not just love you feel to a childhood chum.They both ha
Apr 06, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
I love the magic associated with this book. Not the type of spell casting magic but the kind that produces jewels out of no where, the kind that brings people together, and the kind that makes people stay on earth long after they have meant to left.
Liza Wiemer
Loved the Shawn and Brenna. A wonderful romance set in Ireland. Fun to get swept away!
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This trilogy was an engrossing read for me. I was happy to have #2, “Tears of the Moon”, at hand when #1 was finished. I enjoyed finding out what fate and the magical mind of faerie Prince Carrick and Lady Gwen had in store for the lovely Brenna and Shawn. Of course we know they would end up together, but just how would it all play out and how would it affect the quest of Prince Carrick for his lost love of three hundred years.

I cared for the ‘alive’ characters, and also the eternal faerie prin
*.Amaia.* BlackMagicRose
Not as good as I expected I'm afraid... :/
There's always something important missing in this author's books. I can't really put my finger on it. The stories are enjoyable, sweet, easy to read but I can't FEEL them. I'm more of an angsty romance reader, I guess, and that's probably why I don't feel completely satisfied when I read books by Nora Roberts.
I'll still finish reading this series and I really want to try and read an standalone by this author next time.
Jacob Proffitt
Sep 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, steamy
In the second of the Gallaghers of Ardmore series, we get Shawn and Brenna. These two have known each other forever and Brenna has been all wistful about Shawn for long enough that she’s kind of getting tired of it. Indeed, it was noticeable in the first book, Jewels of the Sun, though not smack-you-in-the-face obvious or cloying. In this one, she’s had enough and decides to seize the moment with predictably interesting results.

Roberts does a fantastic job giving us the weight of their history w
Jan 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fae-and-fairies
So, three stars, for a book that I was actually enjoying up to the very abrupt ending that was monumentally uncool.

(view spoiler)
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Irish/romance requests and Roberts fans
Shelves: irish
Brenna's had a yen for Shawn since she was 14. Now the she's 24 and her feelings have only grown, so she tells him, "I think we should have sex." Shawn a dreamer and sensitive composer, finds himself attracted to pushy, single-minded, handy-woman Brenna

Love Darcy's tirade about what a woman has to go through in pregnancy and Shawn's retort "It just goes to proving God's a man."

When Prince Carrick talks about love, "the only one you'll ever want," Shawn admits that he's never wanted like that. Th
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was obvious to me from the first book that Brenna had something for Shawn. And I was wondering how this little something could end up filling a whole book.
This book started like lightning, when Brenna proposed herself to Shawn in a decisively unromantic and pragmatic way. I really liked the way both characters personalities complemented but contrasted to the other and how the constraints of a rural highly catholic small town influenced their behaviors. Both of them changed or at least learnt
Juliana Philippa
(3.5 stars) Not as good as the first book in this trilogy, Jewels of the Sun, but still an enjoyable and pleasant read. Thought I would really like it, because Shawn and Brenna's antagonistic friendship in the previous book was fun to watch, but didn't end up being as satisfying as I was anticipating. It was worth the read, though, and shouldn't be passed up if reading the full trilogy.
É uma história muito gira e doce. Temos o lado mais mágico (ou não teria como cenário a Irlanda) que não é demasiado usual na NR.
É bom para desanuviar.
E gostei muito do casal.
Embora a história do irmão do Aidan, o Shawn esteja melhor conseguida.
No entanto esta vertente mais fantasista denota uma imaginação rica, com um enredo bem construído e ponderado.
Um final nada apressado, como às vezes se repara nas obras da autora.
Dec 17, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holds up even better during a reread. I love the notion of friends falling for each other, and these two were such lively additions to the first book, it was enjoyable to watch them stumble towards each other. Special shoutout to Mollie O'Toole, Brenna's mother who is one of my favorite NR secondary characters ever.
Fani *loves angst*
I liked the book, loved the atmosphere, but in the end I had some problems with a couple of the heroine's decisions. Besides, since I could never love a man I could not respect, I was kind of hesitant to accept the heroine's love for the hero. Who, I must add, is one of the least memorable I've read about by Nora Roberts. Still, an enjoyable read that flowed easily by.
Mar 30, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What an extremely annoying female character Brenna is. She can't carry a single conversation without flying off the handle. No growth or maturity at the end. Really wish I didn't spend the time reading this.
Stupid romance novel. that I love. So much.
Serilerinde ikinci kitap hep en zayıf oluyor bence. İlk kitaba benzer ama ondan biraz daha yavaş ve monotondu malesef. Üçüncü kitapta eğleneceğimi düşünüyorum.
Andrea Hussey
plot spoilers
I liked how the story started off with a little history about storytellers&the legend of Lady Gwen&Carrick. It was cool how they come 2 each of the 3 people when they’re going 2 fall in love. I liked Shawn’s personality&style. I liked that Shawn&Brenna knew each other since childhood&cud come&go in each other’s houses.

A full, firm mouth that was meant, she supposed, 4 long kisses&soft words.
Not that she knew of either firsthand. But she’d heard tell. &am
elizabeth • paper ghosts

Vol. 1
"She'd had a yen for him even before she'd beaned him with that baseball - and she'd been fourteen to his nineteen at the time. And a yen tended to grow into something hotter, something nervier, by the time a woman was twenty-four."

«••● tl;dr & spoiler-free ●••»
You know what you're getting when your read a Nora Roberts book, especially if it's a trilogy that takes place in Ireland. It will be atmospheric, it will be full of romance tropes, and sometimes...that's just what you nee
Allison (The Allure of Books)
I don’t believe in “guilty pleasure” reading because: hello, I don’t feel guilty about anything I read. But I bet anyone that uses the term frequently would definitely say The Irish Trilogy by Nora Roberts classifies…

Seriously you guys, I have reread these books so. many. times. Mostly when I was in high school, but still. They are constant fall-back comfort reads to this day.

Jewels of the Sun brings Jude Murray to Ireland. She is recently divorced and in need of a break from her life. She certa
Alex is The Romance Fox
Tears of the Moon is the 2nd book in Nora Robert’s Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy and Carrick, the Prince of the Fairies is now working on the next couple to find true love after being successful in uniting Aiden & Jude in book 1, Jewels of the Sun.

Shawn, the beautiful and gorgeous brother, is the chef in the family’s pub but its music that fills his heart. He has composed many songs which he has done nothing about being recorded and that’s where Brenna O’Toole, the sassy and no nonsense red-
Mar 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-again, in-2012
I love the idea of Brenna's cap. I didn't realize what it was in Jewels of the Sun, but now I have a definite idea of it. One of those 1920 caps newspaper boys wore. Patterned gray or dark beige. Perhaps even navy blue.

I enjoyed seeing the typical gender roles reversed. Shawn cooking, Brenna fixing things up… clobbering him metaphorically whenever he wasn't moving along to her satisfaction… poking and prodding and pushing. She's a bit like me in that respect… the poking and the prodding.

I also
Nora Roberts Grou...: Tears of the Moon (Gallaghers of Ardmore #2) - August 2017 12 18 Aug 12, 2017 11:59AM
Looking for Tears of the Moon (Nora Roberts) 10 68 Aug 10, 2013 09:41PM
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Purity in Death (In Death, #15)
  • I Do, I Do, I Do
  • Remember When (Foster Saga, #1)
  • Mackenzie's Mission (Mackenzie Family, #2)
  • Jade Island (Donovan, #2)
More about Nora Roberts...

Gallaghers of Ardmore (3 books)
  • Jewels of the Sun (Gallaghers of Ardmore, #1)
  • Heart of the Sea (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish Trilogy, #3)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Ireland is a land of poets and legends, of dreamers and rebels. All of these have music woven through and around them. Tunes for dancing or for weeping, for battle or for love.” 216 likes
“You don't fix a man the way you do a fault in a pipe or a leak in a roof. You take him as he is, Mary Brenna, or you don't take him at all...adjustments can't be all made on one side, darling, else the balance goes off and what's being built just falls down.” 107 likes