Start by marking “Teen Titans, Vol. 2: Family Lost” as Want to Read:
Teen Titans, Vol. 2: Family Lost

Teen Titans, Vol. 2: Family Lost

(Teen Titans (2003) #2)

Raven returns...with a new body, but also a new master: the latest Brother Blood! The newest adventures of everyone's favorite teen team of heroes unfolds in TEEN TITANS: FAMILY LOST, a 176-page softcover collecting TEEN TITANS #8-12, plus the hard to find TITANS #1/2. This collection is written by Geoff Johns (JSA, FLASH) with art by the acclaimed team of Mike McKone (Exi ...more
Published November 1st 2004 by DC Comics (first published 2004)

James DeSantis
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I gotta be honest, was a little let down with this one.

The Teen Titans have to work together to try and get Raven back. Can't be teen titans without that girl, huh? Anyway, they go on a mission to bring her back from the clutches of hell. At the same time, Slade has found his daughter and him and Rose decide to take care of Slade's loser brother. In doing so Rose becomes the new Ravager! Will the Titans work well enough to save Raven or will everyone die?

Overall, this was good but not great. I
Nico
HOLY CRAP. THIS WAS AN AMAZING STORY. Best graphic novel I've read since Batman and Robin, Vol. 1: Born to Kill. And for me, that's saying something.

I went into this with HIGGGHHH expectations, and it just looked me straight in the eye, took a moment and said "Fine. I see your expectations, now let me raise you AN EPIC KICK-ASS STORY ABOUT YOUR FAVOURITE SUPERHERO".

And, shockingly, I agreed.

I just read straight through dinner, 10 feet away from the table where my sister and Mom were eating, and
Quentin Wallace
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another good Titans volume. This one also had some art from Tom Grummett, who I think is one of the more underrated artists in the field.

We see the new Brotherhood of Blood cult being reformed, and attempting to use Raven to bring the demon Trigon back to Earth. Throw in Deathstroke and his daughter, and we have something close to a Titans classic.
Jenny Clark
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dc-comics
Teen Titans are staying pretty cool, and getting some new and old enemies here. Be interested to see what happens to Rose. Unfortunately, my library does not have volume 3 or 4 so I am skipping to 5...
Shannon Appelcline
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-dc
Family Lost (#8-12). In many ways, this is the other half of the initial Geoff Johns Teen Titans arc. It continues the story of Deathstroke, Jericho, and Rose, carrying them to a natural conclusion — with the story of Rose being the most interesting. However, this volume also reveals Geoff Johns' intent to continue to expand and investigate the classic New Teen Titans mythology, and does a great job of revealing the previously unknown link between Trigon and Brother Blood. Johns also doesn't fee ...more
Donovan
May 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: teen-titans
And...I'm done with this series. Seems like the same plot repeats over and over in these books. Trigon and demons and an evil cult are trying to take over the world. Raven battles for her soul. Jericho jumps-CONTACT!-into everyone's bodies. And Deathstroke and family just can't get along. I think if all these "exciting" extras were stripped away for a bare bones Teen Titan story I would be more interested. But Johns wants to make this as big as any Justice League story and that doesn't appeal to ...more
Sophia
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series was all about the hunt for Raven! She is in the clutches of the new Brother Blood and the Titans race to find her, to rescue her or to make sure that she can do no more evil? You find out why the Church of Blood has always had this obsession with Raven and how disturbing the new leader truly is. Plus we see Rose Wilson follow in her Daddy's footsteps (sort of literally). Overall, a good story line with underlying emotions that flow well.
Sesana
Sep 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Two major plotlines here: Raven's return, foreshadowed in the previous volume, and Rose's return. The main plots are not nearly as rewarding as the little moments: Kon having to stay in to do homework, Robin hiding a Batmobile in the batarang budget. I like the way Johns is dealing with the characters, but the plots could use some depth.
Anne
May 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Not as cool as volume 1, but still a good read.
The story line focuses Raven's return (this was set up in the last volume), and shows the reappearance of Slade and Rose.
Lizzy
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Brother Blood plot wasn't my favorite, but otherwise I loved the book. Especially everything with Ravager and Deathstroke.
Christina
Eh... the writing for this was fabulous. Absolutely great. I am so excited to read this as an adult now. I can understand so much more of it.
Arthi
May 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
The art was great but this was a mediocre book. The story wasn't very original and I wasn't really attached to any of the characters.
Nicole
I read this a long time ago, thanks ma for buying me all these graphic novels! The art was just okay, rather violent but I liked the story of Rose Wilson.
Nathan
Mar 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-books
Family Lost is the second collection of the third volume of Teen Titans comics released by DC, this time compiling issues 8-12 in addition to 1/2, which I guess was a special issue. Like the previous collection, A Kid's Game, the issues are not separated by their individual covers. However, there are divider pages between each section. Again like with the last issue, I'm unsure of whether or not I should go back and review each issue independently as work has gone into presenting them as a wholl ...more
Michele Lee
With the Titans newly reformed despite the adult heroes' disapproval the team begins to act less as punishers of evil and more like a support system for a bunch of kids abandoned—or worse—by their parents. If they even have them.

The Titans get a mysterious phone call that Rose, the cast off daughter of the villain Slade, is in trouble. They arrive in time to help foil an assassination attempt on her, but are then knocked out. When they recover Rose is gone.

After the rest of the Titans finish esc
Chad
Apr 06, 2009 rated it it was ok
You know it's going to be a bad storyline when the Book of Revelation is called Revelations. That fiery faux pas illustrates, quite literally, the shameful rip on biblical apocalypse to be found in these pages.

The conceit: Trigon's daughter, Raven, is summoned forth as sister/bride to a thirteen-year old brat with a Stoker fetish. It's up to our Teen Titans to rescue Raven, save the world, and teach important lessons.

I'll impart the lesson to you, dear reader, and it's not "incest is best." Rat
M
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
The Teen Titans find themselves up against blasts from the past during this story arc by Geoff Johns. Deathstroke seeks to mold his daughter Rose into the new Ravager and renew his vendetta against the team. A new Brother Blood - a youthful vampire, at that - seeks to raise his powers and expand his cult. Topping it all off, Raven and Jericho both make return appearances to their former teammates. Johns handles both the past and present of the group well, seeking to build upon the past in order ...more
Victor Orozco
Aug 19, 2018 rated it liked it
The Teen Titans of the new millennium continues in this volume as the Teen Titans deal with old enemies.

Starting it off is Deathstroke out to strike the group of youngsters that have caused him so much trouble by bringing his much reviled step-brother in a game of vile manipulation towards his daughter Rose aka Ravager.

Bringing the fight against the Titans eventually leads to another foe as the Church of Blood’s Heir, Sebastian Blood the Ninth takes over the organization that fought the Teen Ti
Trent
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really did like this one, as it continued the story from vol. 1, which is one of the best Teen Titans comics out there. The only thing I liked less about this one was all the stuff with Deathstroke and Ravager. I don't know why, but that storyline just annoyed me. The Raven storyline was a bit more interesting than that, but I prefer the stories of the official Teen Titans like Robin, Beast Boy, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Starfire, Superboy, even the uninteresting Cyborg. Still, the story arc her ...more
Jody
Apr 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Next to the X-Men, the Teen Titans are my favorite group of superheros. I don't read many graphic novels, so my review may not mean much in the bigger picture. However, I really enjoyed this book! Raven has always been my favorite member of the Teen Titans. I really enjoy her back story and because I'm also interested in Religion, this book was really intense for me. Can't wait to purchase the next book in the series!
Jeff
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
I don't usually like too much magic and mystical in my comcis, so this was not my fave. However, it is interesting to watch the relationship between Slade and Rose. Robin by far gets all of the best lines of any of the characters in volumes 1 and 2. Baterang budget, that's brilliant.
Anna Shiverdecker
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really great, but rushed. I'm not sure why it was so short, but I wish they had used the extra pages to develop relationships more. There was some of that, but there could have been more. Things felt wrapped up too easily too, but there were great moments.
Galion Public Library Teens
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Review by C.M.: "Good book with heroes, heroines, and villains. Action, fun, and pictures." (4 stars)

Review by K.W.: "I like that they brought Raven back. People who like superheroes would love this book." (5 stars)
Patrick
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I like the direction this is going. The characters play off one another nicely and each has their own personality. Some things could be explained a bit more fully, but the action on the page explains what is necessary.
Robert Wright
This series is fun, light, and enjoyable.

If not as over-the-top sitcom-y as Giffen's Justice League, it still manages to find a nice balance between humor and action. Spot on for a book about teenage heroes.

Not the strongest volume in Johns' run, but still a solid read.
Sophie
Mar 24, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
This one's not as good as the first volume, but it's a lot of fun to read. I liked the little moments (like Kon having to stay at the Tower to do his homework, and like Tim getting the Titans a Batmobile) better than the overall plot.
Angela
Sep 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, dc
Ex-member of the Teen Titans, Raven asks for help. She is caught by the latest incarnation of Brother Blood. This book assums some knowledge of previous stories, and thats a bit of a shame. Deathstroke and Ravager also turn up again. An ok story.
Maddy Boden
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is soooooo goo honestly the best in the series!!
Diego López Ocón
Jul 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Weird way to defeat a villian, but still cool...
Angel
Aug 01, 2007 rated it really liked it
Borrowed from my local public library.

See my short note on it:

[http://gypsylibrarian.blogspot.com/20...]

• The New Teen Titans: Games
  • Red Robin, Vol. 3: The Hit List
  • Birds of Prey, Vol. 4: Sensei and Student
  • Wonder Woman: Land of the Dead
Geoff Johns originally hails from Detroit, Michigan. He attended Michigan State University, where he earned a degree in Media Arts and Film. He moved to Los Angeles in the late 1990s in search of work within the film industry. Through perseverance, Geoff ended up as the assistant to Richard Donner, working on Conspiracy Theory and Lethal Weapon 4. During that time, he also began his comics career ...more

Teen Titans (2003) (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Teen Titans, Vol. 1: A Kid's Game