Start by marking “Turn It Up (Turner Twins, #1)” as Want to Read:
Turn It Up (Turner Twins, #1)

Turn It Up

(Turner Twins #1)

She wants it. He’s got it…and a whole lot more.

Maxwell Turner considers his stubborn and resourceful attitude a plus. After all, it usually gets him what he wants—except for Natasha Bellingham. The long-time family friend may be ten years older than he, but so what? He’s plenty old enough to know they belong together. Now all he has to do is convince her.

Over the past few
Kindle Edition, 1st. Edition, 384 pages
Published February 8th 2011 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd. (first published December 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Turn It Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turn It Up

Lori
Feb 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Older woman/younger man is one of my least favorite tropes. In general, I hate it with a thousand passions. Because the woman is always freaking out about how the man is too young for her. Ugh.

So, worried as I was, I was thrilled to see that that wasn't the case with Turn It Up. Tasha had issues, oh yes she did, but they stemmed from abandonment issues rather than age issues. And it thrilled me to see that she consciously tried to open herself up to Max. Usually the women are trying t
Patti TheLoveJunkee
Feb 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
You know, I'm not usually a fan of the "I want a baby" storyline, but Turn It Up was so much more than that. I really enjoyed it.

Natasha "Tasha" Bellingham is a 34-year-old architect who's decided she needs to have a baby before she's 35. Since her string of loser boyfriends hasn't been very promising, she's decided to go a more "clinical" route. As the story opens, she's hung over from her "last hurrah" before she settles down and begins a more healthy and pregnancy-centric lifestyle.

Maxwell Tu
Talltree
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: x-older-h
4.5 stars!
Elle
Towards the end of this book, I was wondering how I'd describe it and the word "average" popped into my mind. In many ways this book is solid, it has everything it needs to have and is written well enough that I kept reading and was interested for most of the book. Yet, it never really touched me. To me, a really amazing book well suck me into the point that when I look up it takes me a minute to readjust to my surroundings and figure out where the heck I am. This book didn't do that. It didn't ...more
Jacqueline J
I could have sworn I already posted a review of this. Oh well I'll do it again.

The older woman trope is a favorite of mine beings as I'm an 'older woman' to my husband.

This one was well done. I'm sure that many women can relate to the baby hunger the heroine suffers from. The hero is super sweet and super determined that they are going to be together.

The fact that everyone didn't think they should be together seems fairly realistic but I wish that the naysayer would have had a better rationale.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Jan 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: misc-ebooks
LOVED Junior and Tasha's story. Junior is a very sexy, determined male. I loved the porch swing. Makes me think of the old country song "Just A Swinging" in a new light ;-)

I am anal about reading books in order. So even though this is book #2, I would read it before Turn It On - Book #1, which is about Maxine, Junior's sister and takes place after Junior and Tasha's story. Both are awesome books.

Amy
Feb 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2read2
Give me a younger man like Max Turner and I will not have one problem with the age difference! I enjoyed this story so much more than Turn It On! Loved the chemistry between Max and Tasha. Max is a horny, sexy devil that is so passionate and loving to Tasha. Storyline focused more on Tasha's insecurities to trust love and commitment as opposed to the whole I want a baby story. This was a short and sweet romance with plenty of sizzle!
Nicole
Jan 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Published: February 8th, 2011
Publisher: Samhain
How I got this book: Purchased

I’m not usually a big fan of baby stories, but I’ve come to learn that with Arend, what you see is not always what you get. We first met Max and Natasha in Turn It On, the first book in the Turner Twin Series. Although this one is a prequel, it was great to see Max and Natasha in a different light.

Natasha is starting to feel her biological clock ticking, and when she has one last night on the town, her drunken self acci
Mandi Schreiner
Mar 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Favorite Quote: “Damn you for being a sex god, Maxwell Turner. Let’s do it.”

Tasha can hear her biological clock ticking. At 34 years old, she wants to have a baby and has decided to go at it alone. As one last hurrah before she gives up coffee, sweets and alcohol, she goes out and drinks way too much. Very drunk, she spills her secret about her plans for having a child to her good friend Maxwell Turner.

Max has been very attracted to Tasha for a long time. But because he is only 24 and his family
Darcy
May 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, e-book, romance
I wish that I had read this book before Turn it On, as the action that takes place happens before it, even though this one is listed as #2.

I really liked Max, loved that he knew at a really young age that he loved and wanted Tasha and that he took advantage of what Tasha wanted, a baby, to get what he wanted, Tasha. He went about it with a ruthlessness that was subtle and sneaky. I was even charmed by Tasha's reticence and understood why she had it.

There were so many great parts that had me tear
Holly
I really like Arend's writing style. Her stories are very readable.

I enjoyed this one, though not as much as the first in the series. Tasha's hang-ups about relationships made sense in the beginning, but the longer she held herself back the more I questioned the fact that she was 34 years old. Even though men mature a lot slower than women, Max was definitely the more mature of the two when it came to love.

I liked that Max knew what he wanted and went about getting it. He didn't screw around or
Robin *loves sexy books*
this is book 2, but a prequel i'm assuming...

another 3.5 stars for the second book in the series. pretty solid, just not a 4 star for me. her books are always entertaining though, hot sex and likeable characters.
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I would strongly suggest reading in wrong order. I read this book first. This first couple of pages lets slip of the brothers story. So I decided to read them in reverse that way one story led to the next. Both amazing story's. if u like this def try her wolf series out.
Michele ~ la Smoocherina
Loved the older woman, younger man dynamic. It was touching in parts and hot as hell in others. The book is one that I pick up every now and again because I love it so much. Max and Natasha, just love them!
Laura's Book Addiction
Feb 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
amazing read. I want a man just like Max ^_^
Under the Covers Book Blog

Maxwell Turner has been in love with Natasha Bellingham for a while, however, due to their age difference she refuses to see him as anything more than a friend. So, when she drunkenly confesses to him one night that she is planning to have a baby via artificial insemination, he knows he has got to stop her. After all, she has a man right here willing to give her anything she wants, including children, all he has to do is convince her...

Before I start this review, I'm giving you a disclaimer: th

Ochie
Sep 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I find this story funny and sweet. Max is such a sweetie :). Doing everything to get the girl he wants since time eternal. :) Ang haba ng hair ni Tasha ha! :) LOL.... The Turner family is cute as we see glimpses of how close-knit they were. What I really did not get was Lisa, supposedly Tasha's bestfriend. I mean, what's the deal with her? Why is she so bitter? Why can't she be happy for her Max and Tasha? And I guess, I was kind of hoping that they would be able to close that rift by ending.. O ...more
Carol Tietsworth
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read about a driven man, driven for one particular girl. Problem is, she's a family friend, the problem is, she sees him as a baby, the problem is, she has horrible taste in men. Max wants her and has always wanted her. He gives her a ride home one night and in her drunken stupor she tells him of her plans-to give up on men and to get artificially inseminated. Max sees no reason for a 'turkey baster".
Peggy
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Max deserves a medal! His unwavering love (thus patience) towards Tasha knows no bounds. Tasha, on the other hand, is reserved and cautious.

I like that the Lila situation was not resolved in the end, although I don't get her disapproval (/disappointment?) towards Tasha.

This "reversed" May-December story was charming, mostly because of Max.

3.5☆
Tammy
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another winner

I guess you have me spoiled , the city life the country mix them and what a ride, so let's ride
Helen McNabb
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Turn it over

A new series, great author with a lot of talent. I enjoyed this book but love her Cowboy series.
💜💜💜💜💜💜
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect. Enjoyable. Exactly what I wanted to read, without knowing what would happen.
Mysterious
A bit rushed but I liked it. Max was a sweetheart.
Linda Morey
Nice story of learning to trust in the now and future and not get bogged down in past -Max was great
Sherry Vitaniemi
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What beginning

What a beginning. They were always wanting more. But the timing was ever right. He finally found a way. And went for it.
MaggieReadsRom
Feb 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
4,25 stars

Memorable Scenes:
- the dry hump scene at the building-site > wow...
- porch swing scene > double wow...
- ultrasound scene > sweet and emotional

The book TURN IT UP is a prequel to was TURN IT ON. I have fond memories of TURN IT ON as it was my very first unsolicited ARC-review request and it was my first encounter and the beginning of a beautiful bookish online relationship with the fabulous and lovely Vivian Arend. Soon after I reviewed TURN IT ON in January 2010 I discovered
Sandi

She wants it. He's got it...and a whole lot more.Turner Twins, Book 2Maxwell Turner considers his stubborn and resourceful attitude a plus. After all, it usually gets him what he wants-except for Natasha Bellingham. The long-time family friend may be ten years older than he, but so what? He's plenty old enough to know they belong together. Now all he has to do is convince her.Over the past few years Natasha's love life has degenerated into a series of bad cliches. Her biological clock is tickin

Cherise
Calisto
Mar 11, 2011 rated it liked it
At 34, Tasha decided her biological clock is about to explode and she's determined to have a child before she withers and dies at the ripe ol' age of 35. Enter Max, a 24 yo hottie who has had the hots for her for years. The trick is how to convince Tasha that he's exactly what she needs, even though he's not what she wants.

Now, I really wanted to love this story. I love May/December stories (tho here it's more May/July LOL) and the key to a successful older/younger relationship is the maturity l
  • Anything But Mine (Hearts of the South, #4)
  • Kisri (And the Beast, #2)
  • Veiled Seduction (Veiled, #2)
  • Command and Control (Holding out for a Hero, #2)
  • Assume the Positions (Cougar Challenge, #5)
  • Big Boy
  • Taking Chloe (Vaughn, #3)
  • To the Max
  • Winter Wishes
  • Sunset Heat (Bandicoot Cove)
  • Tangled Past (Tangled #2)
  • Bed of Roses
  • Rent-A-Stud (Coopers' Companions, #1)
  • Mesmerized (Phantom Corps, #2; Federation Chronicles, #4)
  • Don't Call Her Angel
  • Stick Shift (Bad Boys of Racing, #1)
  • Catch Me
  • My One
With over 2 million books sold, Vivian Arend is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over 50 contemporary and paranormal romance books, including the Stones of Heart Falls, Six Pack Ranch and Granite Lake Wolves.

Her books are all standalone reads with no cliffhangers. They're humorous yet emotional, with sexy-times and happily-ever-afters. Vivian pretty much thinks she's got the be

Turner Twins (2 books)
  • Turn It On (Turner Twins, #2)