Start by marking “Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Tunes into TV” as Want to Read:
Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Tunes into TV

Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Tunes into TV

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  162 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
What does Homer Simpson call “friend…mother…secret lover?” Television, you meathead! Here comes your wacky neighbor Uncle John to present TV the way only he can. From test patterns to Top Chef, from My Three Sons to Mad Men, as well as TV news, advertising, scandals, sitcoms, dramas, reality shows, and yadda yadda yadda, Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Tunes into TV is “dy-no ...more
Published April 1st 2011 by Portable Press

To ask other readers questions about Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Tunes into TV, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Tunes into TV

TrumanCoyote
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actually, I probably would've given this one the full 5-star enchilada, but for its marked tendency to lapse into modern-day fussbudgety wussiness. One example comes to mind (though by no means the most prominent one): "First came the talent portion: girls would sing a song, perform a dramatic recital, or play an instrument. Next, though completely unrelated to the talent portion, the audience would guess which girl had had her hair done professionally and which had used a Toni Home Permanent ki ...more
David Caldwell
If you aren't familiar with the Uncle John's Bathroom Reader series, they are collections of trivia packaged into small reading segments that are perfect for a bathroom visit. Actually, there are segments that are designed for short, medium, and long visits. A few segments are broken into multiple bathroom sessions.

This time, all of the trivia is geared towards TV. There are bits about shows, actors, TV networks, and other bits of the television industry. Some of the information I already knew.
Linda
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When it's done well, I love this kind of book--trivia, history, lots of fun facts about a certain subject -- and Uncle John's Readers are definitely done well! I just recently discovered them from listening to the also recently discovered gem of a podcast "Stuff You Should Know" from HowStuffWorks.com. My only regret is that I didn't discover both of them sooner; but no mind, it has just given me a backlog of great reading AND listening to enjoy over the next several months!
Kristelle
Jul 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Like other volumes of Uncle John's Bathroom Readers, this book provides short and interesting stories on different TV shows that any TV watcher/reader will enjoy. I am usually reading many things at once or I like to pick up something, read shortly, and then stop and do something else. Books like this volume enable me to read whenever I want for however long I want without feeling as if I’m in the middle or missing part of a story.
Benjamin Kahn
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I bought this at a booksale. I've always been a fan of the Bathroom Readers, but I didn't know how interesting I would find one focussed solely on television. I was pleasantly surprised, as I learned lots of interesting tidbits about shows I knew as well as those I didn't, and about the industry itself. As always, a good book for dipping into now and again, when you have a few minutes or even a little longer.
Michael
Aug 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Uncle John's Tunes Into TV! Indeed! Lots of trivia, facts and detritus from the boob tube! More information about television than you can shake your remote at!

As with most of Uncle John's books this one is a keeper and everyone should be able to find something interesting between it's covers. Whether it's television in it's infancy or the latest shows to grace the small screen you'll find a nugget or two of information about your favorite show.
Monk
Mar 23, 2012 rated it really liked it

I always enjoy these hefty volumes of trivia and history, and this has been one of my favorites. But I really do wish that Uncle John would hire a proof reader. It can take a while to unwind some of the sentences just because of poor editing.
Michael Tarpinian
Mar 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: history, dumont, tv
I never like the theme books as well as the general ones.
Abraham Ray
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: tv show nuts
Shelves: televison, trivia
Nice book of television by uncle john's bathroom reader series!
Philip Wickstrand
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
Another shining example about how reading about television is often much more interesting than actually watching it.
Laurel
Phil
Aug 03, 2011
Julie
Jun 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
I absolutely LOVE these books. And I love TV. It's like a match made in heaven!
Andrew Park
Jul 08, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Nitpicker's Guide for Next Generation Trekkers
  • Book of Totally Useless Information
  • The World's Greatest Book of Useless Information: If You Thought You Knew All the Things You Didn't Need to Know - Think Again
  • mental floss presents Condensed Knowledge: A Deliciously Irreverent Guide to Feeling Smart Again
  • Empires at War: The French and Indian War and the Struggle for North America, 1754-1763
  • Jump the Shark: When Good Things Go Bad
  • British English A to Zed
  • Stuck Up!: 100 Objects Inserted and Ingested in Places They Shouldn’t Be
  • Morbid Curiosity: The Disturbing Demises of the Famous and Infamous
  • The People's Almanac Presents the Book of Lists
  • Was God on Vacation?
  • Seven Theories of Religion
  • Don't Go There! The Travel Detective's Essential Guide to the Must-Miss Places of the World
  • Ripley's Believe It or Not! Planet Eccentric!
  • Who Knew?: Things You Didn't Know About Things You Know Well
  • Disney A to Z: The Official Encyclopedia (Third Edition)
  • 5 People Who Died During Sex: and 100 Other Terribly Tasteless Lists
  • Everything You Pretend to Know and Are Afraid Someone Will Ask
The Bathroom Reader's Institute UJBR boasts more than 12 million books in print and a membership base topping 40,000 loyal readers . . .
More about Bathroom Readers' Institute...