Start by marking “The Vitamin D Revolution: How the Power of This Amazing Vitamin Can Change Your Life” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Vitamin D Revoluti...

Soram Khalsa

Recent, groundbreaking medical research has made a connection between Vitamin D deficiency and 17 types of cancers, including breast, colon, and prostate. Illnesses such as influenza, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, and coronary heart disease have also been connected to a lack of this vitamin. Until not too long ago, not getting enough Vitamin D (the sunshine vitamin) was on

Published March 1st 2009 by Hay House, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Vitamin D Revolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vitamin D Revolution

Start your review of The Vitamin D Revolution: How the Power of This Amazing Vitamin Can Change Your Life
Wafaa Darwish
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health-medical
This book should be shelved as must read for all, specially mother or who are planing to be ,,
We really must be aware of such new studies and information.

Jaanika
Although it is written over 10 years ago it provides a lot of information about the studies and research that were made at that time about vitamin D. Now reading it is nice to see that levels and recommendations about vitamin D intake has increased a lot comparing to time book was written. I.e we could buy only about 400 IU vitamin supplements at that time but now it is completely normal to find 4000 IU from apothecary in my home country. Most important knowledge from the book is that vitamin D ...more
Gabriele D'Amato
Il libro è utile, molto utile, e si legge piacevolmente. Purtroppo come molti libri similari la maggior parte delle pagine è dedicata a studi, esami e casistiche, che poco interessano il lettore medio (probabilmente sono più adatte a chi studia medicina o affini). Non mancano comunque alcuni contesti utili e interessanti anche in queste pagine.
Il lettore trova però la vera e propria utilità nei capitoli che mettono in relazione la mancanza di vitamina D con quelle che sono le sue problematiche.
Teri
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very well written, great information...

I live in Phoenix, Arizona and when my doctor ran a Vitamin D lab test, I kind of laughed, to myself. How could I possibly be deficient in the sun vitamin? Well, I was. I avoid the sun like crazy after having squamous cell carcinoma removed from my nose. Of course I'm vitamin (hormone) D deficient. I take vitamin D3 daily. After reading this book, I'm going to immediately research a credible company that sells a reliable source to ensure I'm getting an accu
Snohotom
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Important information for everyone on the sunshine vitamin

Good information, but a bit dated. New studies show the importance of vitamin MK-7 (K2) when taking high doses of D3. I didn't see this in his book, but he does provide a website with this information. I wish he would update his book and make it available on Amazon instead of the older book.
joe leal
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended

Important book everyone should read drs dont tell patients anything or enough on this critical topic, highly recommended to all
Kerri Murphy
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a Revolution

I have been trying to think of a good review. My Old Man's blood test came back low on Vitamin D. So I decided to read up on it a little bit. We love in Kingman Arizona, and I don't have a deficiency in Vitamin D. So this book was super informative, he thought he could get vitamin D from food. Nope. You have a vitamin D deficiency I suggest this book.
Darlene
Mar 18, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People interested in health issues
Recommended to Darlene by: Kindle freebie
Though I loved the information I picked up from this book, I found it boring and repetitive. The information I really wanted was tucked into the last few pages, yet by then I think I had figured it out. Like many non-fiction books, this one followed the method of telling us there's a problem, why we have the problem, and what research has been done. The problem was repeated over and over.

On the other hand, my personal experience with my doctors has made me more than curious about this vitamin.
Kelly Morrison
May 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Take your health into your own hands and read this book! 50% of people in North American (worst in Canada) are deficient in this vitamin/hormone and it's causing us all sorts of serious health problems. ...more
Diane
Jul 18, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health-nutrition
This little book is a quick read, but packed with valuable information. I had no idea until my dr put in on high dosage vitamin D just how important it is. This book brings to light a lot of the risks of low vitamin and how and why to increase your vitamin D intake.
Lindsey
Sep 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food
I would definitely recommend this book; it is a pretty quick read and the research he presents on the benefits of vitamin D is very convincing. We will definitely be taking vitamin D supplements this winter!
Ray
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very thought provoking book about how vitamin D helps prevent many diseases. Some of these claims haven't been scientifically verified but the evidence points toward it. This book is similar to Holick's book "The Vitamin D Solution" and this author references that book. ...more
Lisa
I loved this! It is easy to read and really has some good information with studies to back it up! I am definately taking my D supplements this winter!!
Lily Chang
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
EVERYONE should read this book! Lots of interesting info.
Lila
Jun 18, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An informative book about Vitamin D, which is not actually a vitamin at all, but a hormone. We are mostly deficient in this most necessary hormone. For more info, read it.
Priscilla
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I absolutely loved this book. So informative.
Danielle Reese
subject matter was good, writing was poor.
John Rees
Ann
Apr 02, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Helpful! 1 1 Dec 28, 2020 12:30AM

• THE MIRACULOUS RESULTS OF EXTREMELY HIGH DOSES OF THE SUNSHINE HORMONE VITAMIN D3 MY EXPERIMENT WITH HUGE DOSES OF D3 FROM 25,000 to 50,000 to 100,000 IU A Day OVER A 1 YEAR PERIOD
  • The Optimal Dose: Restore Your Health With the Power of Vitamin D3
  • Vitamin K2: The Missing Nutrient for Heart and Bone Health
  • The Miraculous Cure For and Prevention of All Diseases What Doctors Never Learned
  • Defend Your Life: Vitamin D3: A Safe, Easy, and Inexpensive Approach to Improving Quality of Life
  • Mass Awakening
  • Pedophilia & Empire: Satan, Sodomy, and The Deep State: Pizzagate Turned Pedogate: Internet Sleuths Link Clintons and Podestas to Washington Satanic Pedo-Ring MSM Labels "Fake News"
  • COVID-19: The Genetically Engineered Pandemic
  • A Man Called Ty
  • The Plan Cookbook: More Than 150 Recipes for Vibrant Health and Weight Loss
  • Late, Lost & Unprepared: A Parents' Guide to Helping Children with Executive Functioning
  • The Great Cholesterol Con: The Truth About What Really Causes Heart Disease and How to Avoid It
  • VITAMIN D: Miracle Vitamin: The Ultimate Vitamin D Benefit and Cure Guide to Beat Depression, Lose Weight, and Feel Amazing (Vitamin D3 - Everything you Need to Know about the Sunshine Vitamin)
  • The Nothing Man
  • Against the Heart (The Brodies of Alaska, #0.5)
  • Danny
  • Lawman in the High Lonesome -- The Revenge (Outlaw Trail, #2)
  • Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health

News & Interviews