Start by marking “Ice Cream Sadness: More Comics from Cyanide Happiness” as Want to Read:
Ice Cream  Sadness: More Comics from Cyanide  Happiness

Ice Cream Sadness: More Comics from Cyanide Happiness (Cyanide and Happiness #2)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  2,423 Ratings  ·  73 Reviews
Cyanide & Happiness is back!

You hold in your grubby mitts the second collection from the hit online comic that was created by a quartet of depraved, inappropriate twentysomethings from all four corners of the world, and which has been compared to Family Circus by both the seeing and mentally impaired communities.

Bigger, bolder, and badder than ever before, this book in
Published January 4th 2011 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 2010)

Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Commercial Photography

I’m going to go ahead and let the book blurb speak for itself on this one:

“If you’re younger than 15 or older than 50, there is an 87% chance that something in this book will offend you.”

Actually, that estimate might be kinda low. There are no words to describe how much I adore Cyanide & Happiness. I’ve followed it via the interwebs since forever, so when I came across this little gem at my local Half Price Books there was no w
Pedro Plassen
Apr 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
One of the best word scrambles :)
Jasmine
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not my type of humor really.
Summer
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, humor
Not as good as the first one. There are a few funny ones in here if you have a dark sense of humor, but.... I found a lot of these more mean-spirited than funny.
Christine
Sep 09, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, own-it
What a strange collection of comic strips.

Correction: What a strange comic strip.

A couple of them were funny. The rest were what I call "boy humor". Not 'male' and not 'man' because those require at least some level of sophistication. These were random and sometimes gross and just... not funny.

Clearly I am not part of the target demographic.
Airi
Jan 17, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh..my..God..
I'm not sure if I've ever read a more perverted, graphic, horribly ironic comic strip in my life..and I loved it! XD
Okay yeah, it was intense at times, but it's so worth the damage to your innocence!
It took me about an hour, probably less to read it cover to cover.
Luke
May 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first exposure to Cyanide & Happiness, apart from a couple of online comics. I laughed out loud several times and that's a good thing. The gags did start to wear thin or maybe they were less funny in the second half of the book. An enjoyable read.
MischaS_
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Až mi z toho vystydla večeře! Dokonce jsem našla pár, které přišly vtipné i mamce.
Kristin
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious!
Carina
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm really surprised I've never read and reviewed this book on the 5 years I have been on this site... I'd swear I'd read it in that time, but apparently not... despite me knowing I read it when I got it in 2012/2013!

This was a Secret Santa gift from my manager at a previous company, (who sadly gave it away a few months later), and this is still considered by me as one of the most genius Secret Santa gifts I have ever got as I still have no idea how he knew I was a fan of the online comics!

Cyani
Sharon kong
Cyanise and Happiness was written in 2010 and is a picture book.
this book will be great in the classroom for silent reading when students will have the option to read a comic book instead of a chapter book. many students may feel more intrigued to read when it is a comic book so this will definitely encourage reading.
Mahima Kohli
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just one word - savage. Made my night.
Nickie
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: august-2017-2018
Well that didn't strike me as funny. This set of comics did not resonate with me like some of their earlier work. I definitely didn't feel comfortable reading a few of these.
***Dave Hill
The new collection of "Cyanide and Happiness" comics does just what you would expect it to do (if you read the webcomic) - shock you into submission with its dark, twisted, vile, unexpected (or simply scatological or gross or even just merely depressing) endings to what seem like normal comic strip setups. There's nothing in here you'd probably want your grandmother to read, unless you already know she likes the strip, which reads like Gary Larson on a mean drunk bender.

To be honest, reading the
Cale
Jan 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books that I feel horrible about laughing through, but they really do manage to be funny within their over-the-top crassness and disgusting topics. The simple art style of Cyanide & Happiness abets the horror you would normally feel at their approach to some of the topics; and even so there were a couple strips in here that went 'too far' for me, although I kept reading. Not for the easily offended, and possibly not even for the moderately offended. But if you're able to ...more
C. Varn
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cyanide & Happiness is a strange little online comic that regularly breaks the forth wall and makes dark puns about self-mutilation, random acts of violence, murder, and sexual deviancy. It somehow manages to do this while staying fairly unserious and "light-hearted" in an extremely dark comic. The crude art actually helps play against tone. A few of the strips are lack luster and some of the "meta-gags" are done better elsewhere, but it is enjoyable.
Matt Gallant
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you've ever read Cyanide and Happiness' comics online then you already know how morbid/crude their work is. Nevertheless, these comics will make anyone with a very open sense of humor chuckle and keep turning the page to read the next one. This took me no longer than half an hour to read and I'm hoping to find more of these little collections to read soon.
Delisa
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults with a sense of humor
Recommended to Delisa by: No one
Wow! This is by far the best comic book strip I have read since Garfield's comic book strips. It was a very hilarious and amusing read. This book is not appropriate for kids at all. It has that adult humor that makes you die in laughter. A great read, it took me a little over an hour to finish because I read it at work but it was so good. This is something you can read over and over again.
aaron
Nov 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
a great if not completely disturbing read! this is a collection (second volume) of the webcomic cyanide and happiness, written by four twenty-somethings with some pretty messed up senses of humor! all in all this is a great read if you aren't easily offended...i give this fair warning...if you are easily offended, steer far away from this. for the rest of us, a great and incredibly funny read!
Brandin
This is a collection of some of their comics and it's as funny in print as it is on the internet. If you've enjoyed their antics online I absolutely recommend this book. The one thing that sets it apart is that there are even little "Activities" in the back like a connect the dots with only two dots and other silly yet amusing things. Definitely worth the money.
Kricket
Jan 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kricket by: Sarah Jones
a hilarious christmas gift from the lovely ms. jones. technically a web comic collection rather than a graphic novel- you can open it at any page and read a couple for a quick giggle. actually, giggle isn't right- more of an evil maniacal cackle. gross, violent, sacridelicious fun.
Aaron Ayers
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As many people, I was inspired by their exploits shown on the internet to purchase this book. Every page is full of humor. This book is an absolute gem when it comes to reflecting today's society through uncensored humor.
Jamila Bost
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most of the comics included I had already seen online, but I enjoyed the bit at the end and the comics I hadn't already read. I still didn't enjoy re-reading some old favourites though. Definitely worth the money paid for it.
Ben Love
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Off the beaten track, I know. However, there is still a fascinating (and ongoing) backstory on how these artists reached the success that they have. This is the work they produce… dark, funny (in a Monty Python way) and yet more proof that the internet works for art.
Anna
Oct 05, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a funnier selection of comics I think (by all the authors, not just Kris Wilson) but I still couldn't make myself give it 4 stars. I think I like reading the comics one by one on the web rather than a compilation by someone else.
Zanny
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read it for the nth time. Still laughing hard, plus I enjoyed the interactivities for kids and slow adults.
Piret Pert
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Splendid!
Magdaléna
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sprostý, prostý, úchylný. Přesně tak to mám ráda :)
Matthew
Mar 15, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
its is sad, with ice cream, very funny!
Larry Kenney
Jan 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comedy-and-humor
For fans of terrible puns and violent dark humor. Not for the easily offended. I laugh from front to back.
  • Save Yourself, Mammal!: A Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal Collection
  • xkcd: volume 0
  • 5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth and Other Useful Guides
  • Questionable Content, Vol. 1
  • The Bumper Book of Bunny Suicides
  • Simon's Cat (Simon's Cat, #1)
  • Cats are Weird and More Observations
  • Cat vs Human
  • I Hate Everything
  • Girls With Slingshots, Vol. 3
  • I Saw You...: Comics Inspired by Real Life Missed Connections
  • Dungeon Crawlin' Fools (The Order of the Stick, #1)
  • Wondermark, Vol. 1: Beards of Our Forefathers

Cyanide and Happiness (6 books)
  • Cyanide and Happiness
  • Cyanide  Happiness: Stab Factory
  • The Cyanide & Happiness Depressing Comic Book
  • Cyanide and Happiness: Punching Zoo
  • Cyanide And Happiness: I'm Giving You The Finger
“Johnny and Marissa, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, then comes marriage. Then comes an abrupt, tragic miscarriage. Then comes blame, then comes despair. Two hearts damaged beyond repair... Johnny leaves Marissa, and takes the tree. D-I-V-O-R-C-E.” 28 likes
“Hey diddle diddle, the cat and fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon! The little dog laughed to see such sport, and the dish ran away with the spoon! He ran from conviction and fed his addiction as the dish heated the spoon. The spoon begged to but the dish shouted "NO!" "The heroin will be ready soon".” 7 likes