Start by marking “The Single Girl's To-Do List” as Want to Read:
The Single Girl's To-Do List

The Single Girl's To-Do List

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  11,405 Ratings  ·  522 Reviews
A hilarious and romantic standalone novel from the bestselling author of the I Heart series

• Being dumped

Published June 1st 2011 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2011)

Irena
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
When you read a standalone from the author who wrote an amazing book series, you can't help but compare those two together.
At least, that's what I do.
And this book, although it was fun and enjoyable, entertaining, girly and everything that a girl would want in a book, it was still not better the I Heart series.

However, it was really, really close to it (plus I admit I am extremly subjective here because I am just so attached to Angela Clark and Jenny Lopez and, in this case, that makes me a shi
Inge
Imagine being in a relationship for seven years. You’ve created a routine with the guy, you’ve been talking about getting married and having kids and that sounds like the perfect life to you. All of a sudden, the guy wants to ‘take a break’. Turns out, he wants more than just take a break. He wants to break up. Your world shatters. You’re depressed, you’re confused, you’re angry… what do you do? Simple, isn’t it? You get drunk with your two best friends and you make a list of all the things you ...more
Love Fool
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it

• Being dumped

Not going to lie, I read this when I was in my "being single is the shit phase" feeling all Spice Girls women power. I read a bunch of single girl books where the main ch
Rea Cobb
Jun 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I have read all of Lindsey Kelk’s books including her kindle book Jenny Lopez Has A Bad Week, and I have enjoyed every one of them. While I have patiently been waiting for the new I Heart book to come out I then heard that Lindsey Kelk was releasing another book called A Single Girls To Do List. I could not wait to read this one hoping it was going to be as good as her previous books.

Plot
Rachel Summers has been dumped by the heartless Simon. Her best friends Emelie and Matthew are on hand to hel
Elle's Book Blog
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chicklit, standalones
Release Date: June 1, 2011
Genre: Chick Lit

I have been a fan of Lindsey Kelk's work for a while now and have slowly been making my way through her novels. This one in particular has been sitting on my TBR shelf and kindle for a few months and I picked it up because of the GORGEOUS and FUN cover. I am so glad that I have actually gotten around to reading it. The Single Girl's To-Do List is a breath of fresh air and pure chick like GOLD. It's got a fantastic set of characters, a realistic and r
Sara
I really liked this story. It was full of humor and with a good old love-hate relationship! Those are my favorites! Dan has definitely gained a spot in my book-boyfriends hall of fame.

Fav quote (this is unusual):
I turned to stare at him open mouthed. This was a new height of dickishness, even for him. 'Oh my god, you absolute bastard.' I marched over, yanked the bag of Monster Munch out of his hand and stomped on it with what I hoped was a defiant and not-at-all crazy stare.

Why it's not 5 stars
Di
Jul 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

• Being dumped

Best friends Emelie and Matthew ride to her rescue with an entirely new kind of list – The Single Girl’s To-Do List. Rachel doesn’t know it, but it will take her on all kinds of wild adventures – and get her in some romantic pickles too. And then it won't be a case of what but who she decides to tick off…

• Mr. bendy
Ana

Also posted on This Chick Reads

Actual rating 4.5/5

I've been feeling rather crappy lately and been under great pressure. I was looking for an easy, uplifting, funny book that will get me out of this shit mood. I have a huge TBR list and yet I found myself asking for people's help in finding THAT book that will lift my spirits. At the end, they suggested couple of books, but I had a strong feeling I should FINALLY read this book. Being a big fan of Kelk's I pretty much knew what to expect (which i
Namratha
Sep 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Last week I read a book that sounded promising but turned out to be a damp squib which never seemed to end.

This week, I (with one eyebrow cocked disdainfully) picked up the dodgy sounding, loaded with smarmy self-help undertones The Single Girls To-Do List and.....ate a large slice of humble-pie as I breezed through this totally addictive, feel-good read.

It’s the story of make-up artist Rachel Lulu Summers. 28-year old Rachel has just been brutally ditched by her supposedly stable boyfriend of
Laura Anne
Jan 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fun-fluff
PURE PLEASURE READ!
I would normally have rated this book 3 stars but I fell in love with it so much that I had to add an extra star.

Lindsey Kelk's The Single Girl's To-Do List centers around Rachel Summers whose life seems to be following the perfect check list. She has a great job, a great boyfriend and a great flat until suddenly she is dumped and finds her life turned upside down, unsure how to react or how to be single. With a little help from her two best friends Emelie and Matthew, she c
Z
Jul 16, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: chick-lit, read-2014, crap
Rachel Summer's makes To-Do lists persistently. When her long-term boyfriend dumps her, she decides to make a list of things to do as a new singleton.

Along with her friends Matthew and Emelie she finds herself with a compulsive need to do them all in the 2 weeks before her father's 4th wedding.

In theory, I like the idea of this book. What better way to forget about the man who dumped you than by looking to what you can do without him. In practice, most of what they do initially is get drunk, thr
Cat
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2015
3.5 stars.

I would not normally read this type of book. Chic-lit is not my thing. But this book is really worth a try.

After being dumped by her boyfriend of five years, Rachel Summers doesn't know how she is going to live as a single woman. Borderline OCD, Rachel is very fond of lists, so, with the help of her best friends Emelie and Mathew, she comes up with a ten-item list of things she must accomplish to prove herself a true single girl.

The list and the way they came up with it was kind of stu
Shuhada Ramli
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite slow reading for me. Well written by Lindsey Kelk. I love the cover. A great storyline. I love this quote, “Being alone doesn’t mean being lonely.” The ups and downs of oneself while going through the moment of mending the broken heart. The author made it right.
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
I enjoyed this book more for her learning her independence than I did for the romance.
And let me tell you it does not take 2 hours to get the the Falls from Toronto unless there is mad traffic on the highway.
Seeing Toronto through Rachel's eyes was funny tho. As well as the gawdy city of Niagara Falls.

Mare~Slitsread
Leah
May 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
I must admit, prior to reading The Single Girl’s To Do List I haven’t been the biggest Lindsey Kelk fan. I enjoy her writing style, it’s incredibly quick, but I thought the two I Heart novels I read (New York & Hollywood) were filled to the absolute brim with cliche after cliche. They were paint by numbers stories as far as I was concerned, and I wanted a bit more ‘oomph’ to them. However I downloaded Lindsey’s exclusive short story Jenny Lopez Has A Bad Week and I loved it and when I heard ...more
Nikki
Sep 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Lindsey Kelk is best known for her I Heart series; a trio of books adored by many chick lit readers. I read I Heart New York a few years ago and enjoyed the witty style of writing, but there was something about the plot that didn’t click with me. I found it quite unrealistic, and perhaps a bit too light and sugary, so I never got round to reading the rest of the series.

Even so, I still felt like Kelk was an author to look out for, and the synopsis for The Single Girl’s To-Do List caught my atten
Ash
Feb 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Ash by: Inge
Shelves: funny, chicklit
3.5

Rachel Summers reminded me so much of one of my best friends. Me? I am more of an Emelie rather than a Rachel. That said, I think in a way it may have influenced the way I feel about the story but saying it is not a good story just because "I was not feeling it" is unfair because the story is still good. Thus, I gave it a 3.5 star.

Rachel have come a long way from being a girl who is always in a relationship and spend most of her time catering to the love of her life, Simon, into someone who
Krissy
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am so happy that I finally got around to reading this. It was such a fun book and it got me out of a reading slump I've been in for a few weeks. I love watching Rachel's transformation from sad, & settled to happy, content, and unsettled. It may seem like unsettled is a bad adjective, but it's not.
I loved the Niagara Falls parts, because I have a huge love for Niagara Falls. Perhaps it is a cheesy tourist town, but it holds a lot of my favourite memories, especially the memory of my husba
Emily
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a fun little romp! Not my usual genre, but I found this book in our new apartment, so of course had to give it a read, even though I am about as far from a 28-year old single British gal as possible (54 year old American married 30 years!) It's contemporary, fun, light, the perfect beach read. It reminded me what it was like to be young an single, oh so long ago, even though my life then was much more mundane than Rachel's. Like her, though, I do have an OCD streak and love a list!
April Summers
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
The whole idea of the story was nice. The writing style was simple and interesting. Kept me wanting more and more till the end...Wish there were more things on that list and it could have gone on forever..
I guess I'm gonna try this out if my heart ever gets broken.. hihihi :D ;)
Amalia
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cute, dramatic, read-books
Oh! A typical Chick-lit. Except I enjoyed this all the way to the moon.
Becca
Apr 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommended to Becca by: Kate
Shelves: bookswap
Ok, I read Thrillers. Mysteries. Crime. I do not read girly chic-lit.

I did a bookswap with my bezzie (...even using the girly lingo now) and I was given 'The single girls to-do list'. After giving her my biggest 'I hate you' glare, I put it in my bag, and waited to build up the strength to start reading it.

Well, it wasn't too painful. And I actually started to laugh at some bits.

The narrator is funny, she's the type of girl I would be friends with. Her two best friends are also really likeabl
Habiba
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was such an enjoyable book and it’s over faster than I was ready for 😭 I was addicted for every single minute it took me to finish this. I went in and and wasn’t that into Rachel in the beginning (That was until I realised she was adorable) but loved her friends and their friendship 💕 and I love how she grew and evolved throughout the book and it was really inspiring! I seriously need more it was that good!
Riddhi Jangid
Jan 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, chick-lit
At times I felt the obsession with the list was getting a bit too much. Although the author gave references to OCD not sure whether it was true or just a metaphor.

I would say its a cute and light read. So ya if you are looking to read something light you can try reading this one!
Vero
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought that this was a lovely and encouraging read with sweet characters - especially Rachel's best friends - and I got exactly what I came for =)
Loretta
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Melissa
Book #32 read in 2018

Not the deepest content, but PERFECT for an end-of-the-school-year read when it is hectic and stressful. This definitely gave me the escape I was looking for.
Alanna
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Definitely not was I was expecting. It was my first time reading a Lindsey Kelk novel and I thought that it would be Sophie Kinsella laugh out loud funny, instead I got a few giggles and an underwhelming storyline.

I may give the "I Heart" series a chance.
Avdotja
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall, it's a good chick-lit but I'm just not into "new haircut, new me" mentality. While I do appreciate a new haircut it will definitely not transform me into a person who is ready to completely change my life in a week. And the romance angle, blah, no chemistry at all.
  • The Dating Detox
  • Girl on the Run
  • (Un)like a Virgin
  • Katy Carter Wants a Hero (Katy Carter, #1)
  • Heaven Can Wait
  • Chasing Daisy
  • Getting Away with It
  • Welcome to My World
  • Breakfast at Darcy's
  • The Beach Café (The Beach Café, #1)
  • One Minute to Midnight
  • Here Come the Girls
  • The Love Academy
  • Meet Me at the Cupcake Café (At the Cupcake Café, #1)
  • Yours Truly
Bestselling British author based in Los Angeles. Lover of books, watcher of wrestling, wearer of lipstick. Karaoke enthusiast and cat wrangler. Lindsey is the author of twelve novels, including the bestselling I Heart series, About a Girl, The Single Girl’s To-Do List and Always the Bridesmaid.
More about Lindsey Kelk

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“I wasn't in love with Simon any more. I hadn't been in love with Simon for a long time. I was in love with not being on my own, with having someone there at the end of the day and now I knew I didn't need that. My heart was not broken over him: it was breaking for the things I had wanted from him. And I didn't want them any more.” 85 likes
“Bloody Facebook- and to think I'd enjoyed The Social Network. Clearly Mark Zuckerberg was the devil.” 23 likes