Start by marking “Lottie Moon: Giving Her All for China” as Want to Read:
Lottie Moon: Giving Her All for China

Lottie Moon: Giving Her All for China (Christian Heroes: Then & Now #16)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  184 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
After becoming the most educated woman in the American South, Lottie Moon (1840-1912) spent thirty-nine years in China. As she watched her fellow missionaries fall to disease and exhaustion, she became just as dedicated to educating Christians about the often preventable tragedies of missionary life as she was to educating Chinese people about the Christian life. Today, an ...more
Published March 13th 2001 by YWAM Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lottie Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lottie Moon

Leah Good
Lottie Moon spent her childhood as a pampered, antibellum girl with a decided disregard for religion and grew into a woman willing to endure great discomfort and risk her life to spread the good news of the gospel.

I have grown up enjoying the Benge's straight forward narratives of missionary lives. Their simple writing style remained the same, and Lottie's life story is an inspiring one.
Shorel Kleinert
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Again, this series is somewhat an abridged version of events, written for a younger audience. Nevertheless, in comparison to the last Lottie Moon book I read, this primarily focuses on Lottie's activities in China.
Some observations:
1. Though it wasn't necessary for the time, Lottie always had a functional platform, whether teaching English or serving as a nurse. At one point in time, she even baked cookies. Why? For Lottie, to meet spiritual without seeking to meet material needs would indicate
Lance Towers
Dec 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: biography, missions
I listened to this story about Charlotte D. Moon in the car with my five-year-old daughter. We enjoyed it the first time and are now listening to its 17 chapters again. Because of Lottie's exemplary, selfless love she is one of our missionary heroes. I like that the book includes stories of Lottie's mischievous childhood. She loved to play pranks and antagonize Christians at the all-girls' school she attended in Virginia in the 1850's so much that when she told her classmates her middle initial ...more
Lori
Read this one as a part of a study on China with my 13-yr-old. Excellent insight into the world of China in the late 1800's. I've heard of Lottie Moon most of my adult life but knew nothing of her story. Since my husband's great aunt became a part of her mission group in the early 1900's this was especially relevant for my family. A well-told story to include in Asian cultural studies.
Debra
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biography, 2015
Lottie Moon not only did a lot for China, I feel she did a lot for missionaries as a whole. She made people in the US understand how difficult it was to be a missionary and to get more support. She was a very selfless person. She really was a pioneer missionary.
Amy
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You don't have to be a Southern Baptist to be inspired by or admire the story of Lottie Moon. However, good Baptists, as well as their children, should read this book :-) December is a jolly time. This is another great biography in the Christian Heroes series by Janet and Geoff Benge.
Mathias Seiwert
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Yet another exemplary woman of Jesus who never gave up being loved by God, loving Him, and loving others...
Stephanie
Feb 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Hero Tales
  • Goodbye Is Not Forever
  • Hostage Lands (Heroes & History #1)
  • My Heart in His Hands: Ann Judson of Burma
  • Mountain Rain: A Biography of James O. Fraser: Pioneer Missionary to China
  • Alone Yet Not Alone
  • Under Wellington's Command
  • Eric Liddell: The Scottish Hero of the 1924 Paris Olympics Whose Story Was Portrayed in "Chariots of Fire"
  • Missionary Patriarch: The True Story of John G. Paton: Evangelist for Jesus Christ Among the South Sea Cannibals
  • The Light and the Glory for Children: Discovering God's Plan for America from Christopher Columbus to George Washington
  • Ransom's Mark: A Story Based on the Life of the Pioneer Olive Oatman
  • Window on the World: When We Pray God Works
  • Flirting with the Forbidden: Finding Grace in a World of Temptation
  • Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends: How to Fight the Good Fight at Home
  • C. T. Studd, Cricketer and Pioneer
Janet and Geoff Benge are a husband and wife writing team with twenty years of writing experience. They are best known for the books in the two series Christian Heroes: Then & Now series and Heroes of History. Janet is a former elementary school teacher. Geoff holds a degree in history. Together they have a passion to make history come alive for a new generation. Originally from New Zealand, t ...more
More about Janet Benge...

Christian Heroes: Then & Now (1 - 10 of 45 books)
  • Gladys Aylward: The Adventure of a Lifetime (Christian Heroes: Then & Now)
  • Nate Saint: On a Wing and a Prayer
  • Hudson Taylor: Deep in the Heart of China (Christian Heroes: Then & Now)
  • Amy Carmichael: Rescuer of Precious Gems
  • Corrie Ten Boom: Keeper of the Angels' Den (Chrisitan Heroes: Then & Now)
  • Eric Liddell: Something Greater Than Gold
  • William Carey: Obliged to Go
  • George Muller: The Guardian of Bristol's Orphans (Christian Heroes: Then & Now)
  • Jim Elliot: One Great Purpose