Start by marking “Such a Pretty Face” as Want to Read:
Such a Pretty Face

Such a Pretty Face

A sexy, sometimes humorous, sometimes poignant, contemporary romance that gently exposes the damage to heart and soul when we fail to look beneath the surface for what truly matters.

Mia Sanchez is rocked when her partner of four years, Brenda Montalba, informs her that she has fallen out of love with her and that she's planning on leaving town for several months to give th
Published June 25th 2007 by Bold Strokes Books

To ask other readers questions about Such a Pretty Face, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Such a Pretty Face

Start your review of Such a Pretty Face
Tiff
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: friend-to-lover
The description for this book could not be further from what this book actually is about. This book has zero to do with revenge and everything to do with finding your own happiness despite sucky circumstances. Such a Pretty Face by Gabrielle Goldsby is a light romance that focuses on dealing with dysfunctional relationships (parents, wife, co-workers…) and rising above the nonsense and making the most of your life on your terms.

Mia Sanchez a beautiful Mexican American woman who just happens to b
Ted
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was between 2 and 3 stars on this one. As the blurb mentions, there are ex issues. So much so that I felt the shadow of her ex drove many of the plot points throughout to distraction. What I *did* like however was that the MC was not a size 2. There were some issues with that, but my point is is that because of that the character was a lot more believable. More real. And she was a WoC. So because of it I'll give it 3 stars. All the angst and drama and bad feels, bleh.
T
Aug 02, 2012 rated it liked it
i went back and forth between 3 stars and 4 on this one. I loved the moral to the story. The main character is slightly overweight and loathes herself. by the end of the book (i don't think is giving away spoilers...) she sees what a difference it is to surround yourself by people that love you and see your true beauty. It changes everything for her. Whether it's weight, or any number of other things, many of us have insecurities that this book will speak to.

The main thing that i didn't like tha
Vic
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lesfic, favorites
Having read this book once before I didn't expect to find myself chuckling at the funny bits again, or feeling so much for the characters, or finding new things within it that I liked. I was pleasantly surprised to find myself enjoying this book even more than I did the first time. I'd forgotten just how lovely, and appealing, both the leads are. Mia is just adorable, and her interactions with her family had me guffawing several times. Even her interactions with her potential love interest, Ryan ...more
lov2laf
4.15 stars.

This book is written very well and it's definitely worth a read. Many times it was hard for me to put down and I kept telling myself, "just one more chapter", only to keep going to find out what happened next. I loved the fact that the main character, Mia, is a larger sized love lead who is also non-white. I'm a big fan of diversity in lesfic.

The story is told completely from Mia's perspective, whose inner monologue I found completely authentic, engaging, and amusing. The self-doubt,
Hannah
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Painful to read 90% of the time. Extremely predictable. Cringe-worthy writing style.
Tara
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Noli_lolittle 1
Aug 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Kat
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved every bit of it. Sweet romance, that makes you happy and sad, excited and angry-same as the main character.
Sharon Smith
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a beautiful face

Heart strings: tugged
Eyes: teared up
Angst: perfect
Wishing for a sequel: yes
Such a great read. I couldn't shut off my kindle until I finished.
Audrey
Jun 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq-fiction
I enjoyed reading this book! I was hooked by chapter one due to the breakup of Mia and Brenda, however, at times I felt as if the book dragged on and on and repeated similar moments. I also enjoyed the development of Ryan and Mia's friendship before they jumped into bed with one another. I have read other books by Goldsby and by far this is my favorite. I gave a 3 star rating, because I believe more editing needed to be done and some development didn't need to be there. Overall, the book kept my ...more
Clara
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes it takes a very talented author like Ms Goldsby to enlighten us to detrimental scars of childhood. She also shows us the very important details of life in these fascinating characters and wonderful inspiring story. I track my exercise and run 4-5 miles every day!
Coyote
Mar 14, 2014
Charlotte A Kington
Jan 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Kiss the Girl (Soho Loft, #1)
  • Heart Block
  • Goldenseal (Garoul, #1)
  • Thy Neighbor's Wife
  • Mine
  • Forbidden Passions
  • Injustice  (Nemesis, #1)
  • Lawyered
  • Wild Abandon
  • Bittersweet
  • Hearts and Flowers Border
  • Naked Heart
  • Safe Harbor (Provincetown Tales, #1)
  • Dark Valentine (Dark Vista, #2)
  • Dark Dreamer (Dark Vista, #1)
  • Taming The Wolff
  • Beginnings (I Found My Heart in San Francisco, #2)
  • Dark Garden (Dark Vista, #3)
Gabrielle Goldsby is the author of several novels including Forward Magazine finalist, Remember Tomorrow, the Lambda Literary Award winning Wall of Silence, and The Caretaker’s Daughter, recipient of the Alice B. Lavender Certificate. A Northern California transplant, Gabrielle currently resides in Portland, Oregon. When not writing, she enjoys reading, camping, hiking, and lifting the heaviest th ...more

News & Interviews