Start by marking “Ripples” as Want to Read:
Ripples

Ripples

Is the grief over her mother’s death causing Natalie to experience profound delusions, or is the truth much more sinister?

Natalie is grieving the recent loss of her mother when she starts seeing rifts in space that lead her to question her own sanity. These bizarre rifts reveal windows into another reality, opening up possibilities Natalie never before imagined
Published August 12th 2012 by Lusios Publishing (first published July 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Ripples, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ripples

Start your review of Ripples
zapkode
Dec 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
{my thoughts} - This short story is about a young lady named Natalie. She goes home to pick up the pieces following her mother's death. When she awakes from a nap she encounters a rift which can does not understand. She meets with her mother's lawyer and is handed a letter from her mother. That letter is the start of her determination to discover who she is and where she had come from. It leads her on and unusual journey that eventually ends with her mutual understanding of what her new purpose ...more
Cherie
Mar 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
In Candice Bundy's Ripples, the rifts in Natalie's life become all too real, and she must decide whether to embrace them or run away.

When Natalie's mother dies, the effect ripples through her and everything she once believed. A visit to her last known relative and a long time friend inspires her to stand tall and take a chance, but it might be her last.

As a reader, I loved how one event causes a rippling effect both physically and emotionally. The rifts are mysterious, enchanting
Kate
Dec 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Natalie's mother has just died, and left behind a strange letter. Moments after Natalie has seen a weird orange orb in her mother's house, she discovers that her real mother was actually her aunt Sophie, who has spent the last 30 years in a mental ward after trying to kill the infant Natalie. When she visits Sophie in the hospital, Sophie calls these orbs "rifts" and warns Natalie not to enter. But Natalie is curious...

I got this ebook free during a promotion. It was shorter than I e
John Hancock
Jan 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was lots of fun to read. In fact, it felt like a mini movie.
What I liked about this story is the mystery that unfolds (without spoiling too much) in the beginning when the main character has to research through her family history to find out what Natalie is experiencing, and whether she's losing her mind.

There was a charm to the writing that made it easy to stay hooked and keep reading. You find it compelling to care about the main character, and the people she runs into.
Steven Montano
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm a sucker for a good short story, and this is a great one.

Dissonant, creepy, and strangely moving, "Ripples" follows young Natalie as she tries to piece together the mystery of her heritage, and what it has to do with the bizarre visions she's suddenly having. Carefully crafted and beautifully written, Bundy's prose rolls off the page, and this delicious blend of sci-fi, horror and paranormal fantasy is a fast, enthralling read. now that I've read this, I can't wait to check out "
Brian Dolezalek
May 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book is one of those treasures that you don't find in a bookstore or a library. This is one of those books that really makes you realize how much richer and more diverse the writing community is today, now that budding writers like Mrs. Bundy can get their ideas into the hands of readers everywhere without having to wait years and jump through innumerable hoops to get their books on paper. It's taut, thrilling prose at its finest. If you read this one on an e-reader, be sure you have a full ...more
Mark Gardner
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
I liked the premise of Ripples, but it was just too short! I'm definitely going to check out more #scifi from Candice Bundy.
Jason Graves
Jan 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Candice Bundy surprises me, which is a good thing. In Ripples, she creates a disjoint in reality that kept me guessing until the last page (which came too soon). The conclusion of the story was... unexpected, and disturbing. Creepy -- in a good way.
Kami Dodson-Perry
Aug 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: waste-of-time
Interesting & confusing.

That's all I have. This story left me with tons of questions and no answers.

Gave it one star because the writer had no grammatical errors and it was well written.
Sunniye
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A creative, taut, well-written short...if you like stories that are creepy, in a good kind of a way- this one is for you! I cannot wait to read what this talented author is working on next!
Ed
Jul 16, 2015 rated it did not like it
Got this "book" (~40 pages) because the premise sounded intriguing, and it was free. Instead of intriguing, it ended up as creepy. And even though it was free, I think I overpaid. If you're into nice people being sucked into "rifts" that lead to Hell, and enjoying their situation, you might enjoy this short story. (Actually, the writing was pretty good; it's the subject matter I have a problem with.)
Aure   `Reading With The Dark`
Mar 26, 2012
Kiersten Fay
Aug 31, 2011
sherrie  Green
rated it did not like it
Jan 07, 2019
Alan Edwards
May 23, 2011
Jun 22, 2011
Candice Bundy
Jul 29, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: horror, fantasy
Aug 06, 2012
Karen Eckberg
Aug 20, 2012
This is a brilliant read! 1 5 May 23, 2011 01:06PM
I’m Candice Bundy, an IT Consultant by day and an author by night. I focus on habit hacking to achieve my minimalist, health, productivity, and positive mojo goals. I’m also an unrepentant epicurean, which includes winemaking, gardening heirloom tomatoes, and fermenting sauerkraut, sourdough, kombucha, pickles, and water kefir. I may be over-hobbied? Is that a thing?

If you would like to know when