Start by marking “Blood Heat (Dangerous Ground, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blood Heat (Dangerous Ground, #3)

Blood Heat (Dangerous Ground #3)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  1,833 Ratings  ·  160 Reviews
Special Agents for the Department of Diplomatic Security, Taylor MacAllister and Will Brandt have been partners forever and lovers for four months, but their new relationship is threatened when Will is offered a plum two-year assignment in Paris.

Will believes the posting only means postponing what they both want. Taylor fears that kind of separation will mean the end of th
Published (first published October 19th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Heat

Baba
3.5 stars. Review posted January 2, 2014

photo oie_zFil73AUrpFs_zps8327f4c9.png
 photo oie_Sq4AE9aHkTGB_zpsjp8zt1ig.gif
 photo oie_w0APTlMqJZoz 1_zpsl2bscuxv.gif

Will and Taylor are in New Mexico, hot on the trail of alleged terrorist Kelila Hedwig. When they catch her, they are in for a little and very inconvenient surprise:

She began to struggle. (view spoiler)
Meags
3.5 Stars

Will and Taylor are slowly growing on me. Now an established couple, I like that they’re still fighting insecurities and trying to reassure each other that they’re all in, regardless of the seemingly insurmountable obstacles being thrown their way.

Once again, I enjoyed the fast-paced, danger-filled mission Will and Taylor found themselves embroiled in. Although, the abrupt ending left me with some questions about what happened to certain players in this particular story; I felt like I m
Ingela
Written September 9, 2014

4 Stars - As a (gay) weekly TV cop-crime show but in the audiobook form instead - Very elegant and nicely done

Book #3

Josh Lanyon is one of my favorite authors and this morning was it time for the third part, Blood Heat in the audiobook Volume #1 - Armed and Dangerous: Four Dangerous Ground Novellas. As a plus also a supremely good narrator (Adrian Bisson). It couldn't but be a fun ride.

The result was...of course..

Yet another fast-paced story-part with funny bantering, ac
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Might contain spoilers?*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Special Agents Taylor MacAllister (32) and William ‘Will’ Brandt (still don't know how old he is...?) are back in a third short story. Their relationship is still new, and things keep coming their way, putting it on the rocks. Will has a difficult decision to make, while Taylor is trying to not break over this decision. There's also a the problem of a pregnant woman they are trying to keep safe while others try to kill her... Overall, it was alright, but s
Trio
Best one of the series yet. I enjoyed the story and the relationship between Will and Taylor is starting to make more sense.

August 2017 re-read - oh man, I totally forgot Taylor shoots Will at the end of this one! So much better the second, third, fourth time around... oh who am I kidding, I love these guys!
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Oh Taylor! There's more in his silences, shrugs, head turnings, etc. than in a thousand words. I felt for Will, who offered his words of love and committment and got almost nothing in return, but I felt more for Taylor, who can come completely apart in his lover's arms and still be incapable of reassuring him.

The emotional part of the story plays on Will's future assignment to Paris and the fact that the two will be apart. I don't know if Will is really convinced that they can work it out. I'm r
Irina

Things are getting tense here.

Will and Taylor's relationship is about to face a serious trial. Would it survive? I guess, I'll find out soon enough.

***3.8 stars***
Kassa
Nov 03, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blood Heat is the third book of the series and it does little to advance the characters, the relationship, or any general story arc. This offering is an amusing and entertaining romp as a chance to revisit favorite and familiar characters. That’s not a bad thing per se as the writing is very typical of Lanyon and the characters quite enjoyable to read. However, I’m left wishing the story had contributed something to the characters or even their relationship since if anything these two are headed ...more
Ilhem
Jan 15, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: josh-lanyon, m-m, mystery
3,5 stars but I have the feeling that we're inching toward 4.

This is the 3rd installment in the Dangerous Ground series and I liked it better than the previous ones. Will and Taylor are probably growing on me but I also liked the humor brought by their interactions with Kelila and the intrigue was neat even if it was fast in its resolution.
I liked that the problem raised by a lover/partner relationship was a strong element of the story and most of all, I liked the subtile shivers of angst. At la
Natasha
SPOILERS EVERYWHERE BUT MOSTLY HERE IN THIS REVIEW.

So in this book they’re protecting Harry Potter’s pregnant owl from some bro’s that wanna shoot her. They decide to capture her, while basically out of their jurisdiction, and then take her back to the bossman themselves. Foolproof right? Wrong. Because everyone wants this little chica dead. Through this book they’re struggling because Will wants to take a promotion with a minimum of two years working in Paris, oh-lala. Classic William. It’s tea
Lauraadriana
Mar 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are three things I know when I start a Josh Lanyon book 1. I'm gonna fall desperately in love with the main characters 2. If it's a series I'll read all the books compulsively until they run out 3. I'm in for a hell of a good story. I haven't been disappointed yet :)

This is the third book in the Dangerous Ground series, and has Will and Taylor getting in all kinds of crazy ass shit whilst working with the Diplomatic Security Service, who knew working for African Ministers and embassies cou
Susan
Sep 02, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Book 3 of the Dangerous Ground series and we're chugging right along with our boys Will and Taylor. I found this one a little slow and the story didn't keep me entirely interested. These books all feel like the "junior varsity" version of the Cut & Run series, and Will & Taylor the little brother versions of Ty & Zane. It's kind of like a decent 30 minute tv show where C&R is one of those great hour long favorites.

Still, the new plot twist of Will's pending promotion bro
Tina
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime

Like the previous books the third installment of the Dangerous Ground series is a short story. Once again Will and Taylor get caught up in a fast paced adventure. And they are experiencing twists and turns in their professional and personal lives and have to face concerns about their future together. It's an excellent addition to the series. Fortunately the next installment is waiting!
Trix
I have to say this one rated a bit less than the previous ones. Although there was plenty of action and angst for me it lacked some of the intentness that the other books had. Not sure why.

On the bright side, I so love Taylor's sense of humor and his reactions to nature and wildlife. I could easily feel his emotions when he was struggling to come to terms with Will's probable departure and yet trying to do the right thing by him. I could understand that after committing to a relationship, he was
Tully Vincent
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Another fast-paced installment of Will and Taylor's story. Starts right in the thick of the action and continues that way pretty much throughout with a short break for a lovely steamy sex scene. Plenty of angst, some humor, and I rather like the ballsy female character they were protecting. My favorite of this series so far. Will seems much more invested in the relationship (view spoiler)
Nic
Dec 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, series
Not quite as good as the previous books but still an enjoyable quick read. There is a lot of action as Taylor and Will are out on assignment but this one is missing the relationship development. The end was a little disappointing in terms of the relationship but luckily I can launch straight into book 4, Dead Run, to find out what happens as a result of Will's decision about Paris. 3.5 stars.
Karen
Dec 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-mm
OMG!!! Love means shooting the one you love...maybe not, but don't tell Taylor and Will. I'm just liking these two guys more and more with each book I reread,however, I don't like where this book has left them and admittedly that's because I know what's coming and yet still I want to dive into the next book and probably will without hesitation. Well it's off to the airport we go, gotta catch up with the boys, who knows what trouble they'll get into next.

Kikirocks
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
The only reason why I gave this book 4 stars is because of Taylor & Will. I just love this couple but I'm not a big fan of the cases they have to solve. Anyway, they are one of the most adorable couples ever and they remind me a lot about Ty & Zane. I can't wait to start book 4 tomorrow to see what's going to happen next with them.
Nina
What I love about JL is that his couples are real - no sugar-coating, no unnecessary drama, just amazing men who fight and do stupid things and bare their hearts to each other.
The fantastic action and meaningful sex are a great bonus, obviously ;)
Love Kelila!
Dante Love Fisher
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Will redeemed himself a little in this book for me. In Old Poison I really wanted to kill him.

Taylor is my dream man.
Ami
Four months into their relationship, Will and Taylor faces challenge in form of Will's possibility to move to Paris for a 2-year assignment. Taylor believes that Will will take the job and he feels upset about it, even if Will tells Taylor that he loves him and they can work out the long-distance relationship. At the same time, it is a very good opportunity for Will, and trying to stop his lover from taking it will be very selfish. Oh, and by the way, they are now having to take back a suspected ...more
Remington
I have to admit, this 3rd installment to the Dangerous Ground series left me a bit dissapointed.

After reading raving reviews about the brilliancy of this book, I built up high expectations, as Lanyon rarely disapoints me. Dangerous Ground will forever remain my favorite novel by Josh Lanyon, and Old Poison a good second. But this 3rd book seemed more action plot than character plot. In the past I've always felt that Lanyon focused heavily on his character intertwined with good plot, which was w
Kati
I just can't get into this series. For some reason, Will and Taylor just don't click for me. There were a few very tender, loving scenes in this e-book, but overall, it felt too long and I couldn't really connect with anything that was happening. Both Will and Taylor feel like bundles of issues to me, they don't feel... real. Which is weird because I usually love and adore everything that Josh Lanyon writes. Unfortunately, this series is not among his best works.
♣️ Lynda ♣️
I like Taylor WAY more than I like Will.
Anna D.
I found this book to be a bit messy and also lacking as a substantial addition to the MC's romantic story. I'm on to the next book!
Heidi
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, josh-lanyon
Paola
Jun 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite
Another excellent installment in one of my favourite m/m series.

Will and Taylor have overcome a lot of obstacles together, they work well as a team like a well-oiled machine, their relationship is solid and strong, but a lot of underlying tension is still there: Will fears he cares so much about Taylor he’d be unable to do his job properly when he’s constantly worrying about Taylor’s safety; Taylor, in this third book, appears more secure and, dare I say, stoic, than before (though he’s still th
Jane Harper
I know this is a serialized, er, series of novellas. But this seemed a little too short, and way too unfinished.
Elyxyz
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Migliora. Migliora sempre più. Finalmente riesco a vedere accenni dell’introspezione che ho imparato ad amare in Josh, finalmente un capitolo di questa saga davvero coinvolgente. C’è il vero angst e poi azione e sentimenti ben delineati. C’erano anche prima, nei due precedenti libri, ma mi sembravano sottotono e meno coinvolgenti, non mi hanno tenuta sulla corda come in questo.
Oltre al caso interessante da risolvere, è stato soprattutto il tormento dei protagonisti a coinvolgermi, ad appassionar
thelastaerie
Oct 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite action romance duo is back and it's an emotional, almost make or break time for them.

Third in the series, readers have a good idea the dynamic of their relationship - Taylor is insecure cos he thinks he loves Will more than Will loves him; Will is afraid he can't do his job properly because he simply cares about Taylor too much. Josh Lanyon doesn't do big misunderstanding, so the dilemma is a realistic one and hit the bull's eye of their relationship's weakness - Will got a promotion
  • GhosTV (PsyCop, #6)
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Mexican Heat (Crimes & Cocktails, #1)
  • Spin Out (Deputy Joe, #2)
  • Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)
  • L.A. Boneyard (L.A., #3)
  • His For The Holidays
  • Nine Lights Over Edinburgh
  • Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run, #6)
  • 72 Hours
  • Deadly Nightshade (Deadly Mystery, #1)
  • Trust Me If You Dare (Romano and Albright, #2)
Bestselling author of over sixty titles of classic Male/Male fiction featuring twisty mystery, kickass adventure and unapologetic man-on-man romance, JOSH LANYON has been called "arguably the single most influential voice in m/m romance today." Granted, that was yesterday.

Today Josh's work has been translated into nine languages. The FBI thriller Fair Game was the first male/male title to be publi
More about Josh Lanyon...

Dangerous Ground (6 books)
  • Dangerous Ground (Dangerous Ground, #1)
  • Old Poison (Dangerous Ground, #2)
  • Dead Run (Dangerous Ground, #4)
  • Kick Start (Dangerous Ground, #5)
  • Blind Side (Dangerous Grounds, #6)
“She didn‟t look like the athletic type to me.”

“Maybe Nemov carried her. He looked like he could.”

“He looked like he could carry his SUV. I don‟t know why he didn‟t.”
8 likes
“The night was fading. It was too early to be called dawn yet, but Taylor could just make out the outline of Will's weary, unshaven face. His deep blue eyes were the only color in the gray world of rain and shadows.
Will leaned in, and his mouth covered Taylor's, rough but sweet, his tongue seeking Taylor's. Taylor opened willingly to that kiss, forgetting for a second his scratched, scraped hands and the rain running down the back of his neck. They kissed a lot these days, especially for men who had never been much for kissing. Taylor had become expert in all Will's kisses, from the hungry, lustful kisses that always made his own cock rise so fast it hurt, to the tender, almost cherishing kisses that Will generally saved for when he thought Taylor was sleeping. That dawn kiss beneath the pine trees rippled through him like an electric shock, a reminder that, tired, wet, and lost as they might be, so long as they were together, they were all right.”
4 likes