Start by marking “Spiritual Housecleaning” as Want to Read:
Spiritual Housecleaning

Spiritual Housecleaning

3.43  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
A practical guide to the spiritual life recommends first tidying personal space and eliminating clutter, dirt, and disorganization before reaping the benefits of increased spirituality. Original.
Paperback
Published January 1st 2001 by New Harbinger Publications

To ask other readers questions about Spiritual Housecleaning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spiritual Housecleaning

Kay
Jun 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book is soooooooooo interesting. It says the kitchen is the heart of the home where you nurture people, the bathroom is the temple, the bedroom is the sanctuary, your storage spaces represent your mind and so on. One interesting metaphor was that the way you relate to the boundaries in your home is an outer representation of your inner boundaries. Like if you have clutter that shows emotional issues. Where I live is tidy but I rarely do dusting and the like. I read this book to inspire a sp ...more
Vickie
Dec 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: to-read-on-shelf
I'm rating this 3 stars before I've even read the entire book. I recall finding this at a bookstore many years ago. I read snippets there in the store but had purchased more books than I should have that evening so I held back on this one.

I still recall some of what was said in the book though. I keep thinking that if a book I only casually skimmed a number of years ago is still with me, it must have more to offer. I've just ordered the book (thank heavens for Amazon's Used and New marketplace)
Samantha Smith
Jan 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
I liked this book. I don't think it necessarily applies to me, as I'm pretty sure it was written for people recovering from some type of substance abuse. However, I enjoyed all the talk of housecleaning. It gave helpful tips and made me more mindfull of the spaces I create for myself and my family. Although this book isn't about feng shui I would recommend this book to people who enjoy reading about feng shui.
Elizabeth
Oct 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
I actually rolled my eyes after about the hundredth time this book used a cliché. "Home is where you hang your hat, the lights are on but nobody's home, etc." these went on and on and on.
I guess I thought this would be more spiritual and not so new age. This book seems to be more about healing from something and less about actually organizing. I couldn't even make it past the kitchen chapter.
Kathleen
i was in the library looking for sandbeck's organic housecleaning, and i found this right next to it. at first, i picked it up because i thought it was ridiculous and funny. then, i looked at the table of contents and thought that perhaps it had potential. however, after reading it, i realize my first response was the correct one.
this book is for people that have suffered serious trauma and are filthy to boot. hoarders, perhaps?
Caroline
May 31, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those who need to clean
i like it- hey whatever it takes to get me to transform my house into a palace of organization. i have completed the kitchen for the most part and am on to the living room. makes you think about your surroundings in a whole new way. it at least makes housework feel a bit more lofty.
Maureen
Jul 15, 2010 marked it as to-read
I have had to put this book on hold for a while. Good, but I don't have time for the work right now.
May
Jul 09, 2012 rated it liked it
This was more new age at points than I am truly comfortable with, however, I did find it inspiring. I spent some time putting my literal house in order and at least considering my figurative one.
Karen Floyd
Jun 13, 2015
Kathryn
Feb 15, 2015
Jane
rated it did not like it
Jan 27, 2016