Start by marking “Quantum Physics: A First Encounter: Interference, Entanglement, and Reality” as Want to Read:
Quantum Physics: A First Encounter: Interference, Entanglement, and Reality

Quantum Physics: A First Encounter: Interference, Entanglement, and Reality

Quantum physics is often perceived as a weird and abstract theory, which physicists must use in order to make correct predictions. But many recent experiments have shown that the weirdness of the theory simply mirrors the weirdness of phenomena: it is Nature itself, and not only our description of it, that behaves in an astonishing way. This book selects those, among these ...more
Published March 1st 2006 by Oxford University Press, USA (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Quantum Physics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quantum Physics

Start your review of Quantum Physics: A First Encounter: Interference, Entanglement, and Reality
Jared Gulian
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good intro to quantum physics. I love reading about this topic because it blows my mind and challenges my basic perceptions of reality.

In the spectrum of 'academic' to 'layperson' analysis of quantum physics, this is slightly on the academic side for me, which is a strength in many ways--but it makes for dense reading at times. Still, worth it.
Dzmitry Horbach
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: physics
This book is trying to explain some quantum phenomena (interference and entanglement) to general audience but I'd say on different level comparing to regular pop-science books. Good when you already have general picture and want to dig into particular area.
Very short (100 pages) but I was able to get some new interesting facts and insights.
Guthrie C.
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science, quantum
Short, concise book filled with plain language and mind-blowing results. Incredible primer for the wild world of quantum physics.
Ruth
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I chose to read this as part of my ongoing quest to understand the actual science behind teleportation and time travel (or the theories behind them, anyway). I must say that Scarani must be very intelligent indeed not only to work in such a field but also to make quantum physics so accessible that even someone with such a non-scientific mind such as I can generally grasp the concepts. Focusing mostly on applications in the areas of mechanics (quantum interference) and communication (quantum cryp ...more
Natan
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-math
Overall, a very good introduction to the strangeness of quantum physics. It is suitable for beginners but not so elementary that someone with background is bored. I also liked the author's kind of old-school style.

There is one question I always had about books like this, that try to explain physics to beginners, and I would be happy to get responses. Can someone with NO mathematical or scientific background get anything out of them?
Andrey Pavlov
May 21, 2016 rated it liked it
I recommend you to watch some popular Discovery Channel Tv show about quantum world rather than read this book both are equally informative
Philgreek
Aug 26, 2016
Wesam
Jan 26, 2013
Alex Izmailov
rated it did not like it
May 16, 2020

• Convenience Store Woman
  • Augmented
  • The Ten Loves of Mr. Nishino
  • Die Neuromancer-Trilogie
  • Der Drachenkönig (Das Schwarze Auge, #8)
  • Die Entdeckung (Das Schwarze Auge - Das Jahr des Greifen, #2)
  • Magische Zeiten (Das Schwarze Auge - Jubiläumsband)
  • The Quark and the Jaguar: Adventures in the Simple and the Complex
  • Thalionmels Opfer (Das Schwarze Auge, #5 - Das Leben der heiligen Thalionmel, #2)
  • Im Farindelwald (Das Schwarze Auge, #16 - Die Reise nach Salza, #1)
  • Die Zeit der Gräber (Das Schwarze Auge, #3)
  • Quantum Computation and Quantum Information