7 Delightful Beverly Cleary Quotes to Celebrate Her 100th Birthday
Happy birthday, Beverly Cleary! The beloved author of Beezus and Ramona, The Mouse and the Motorcycle, and Henry Huggins turns 100 today. From working as a librarian to spinning tales of youthful adventure, Clearly has dedicated her life to the magic of stories. To help celebrate her birthday, we've rounded up her top quotes on Goodreads. Which one is your favorite?
1. "She was not a slowpoke grownup. She was a girl who could not wait. Life was so interesting she had to find out what happened next."
3. "Quite often somebody will say, 'What year do your books take place?' and the only answer I can give is, in childhood."
4. "If you don't see the book you want on the shelves, write it."
5. "Words were so puzzling. Present should mean a present just as attack should mean to stick tacks in people."
6. "Didn't the people who made those license plates care about little girls named Ramona?"
7. "She means well, but she always manages to do the wrong thing. She has a real talent for it."
Are you a Beverly Cleary fan? Share your experience with her books in the comments!
Comments Showing 1-50 of 104 (104 new)
back to top