U.K. & Ireland: Goodreads on Kindle E-Readers and Fire Tablets Now Available!
Good news for our members in the U.K. and Ireland! Your wish has come true. In the coming weeks, Goodreads will be on your Kindle e-readers and Fire tablets!
Just read an amazing quote and want to tell your friends about it? Now you can highlight and share quotes with your Goodreads friends from inside the book. Finished a book and don't know what to read next? Check your Want to Read shelves to see what's captured your attention already or get inspired with personalized book recommendations from Goodreads.
You can access and update Goodreads on all generations of Kindle Paperwhite, as well as Kindle Voyage and the latest generation Kindle. The update will also be available for Amazon's complete range of current-generation tablets, Fire HD 6, Fire HD 7, and Fire HDX 8.9, as well as previous-generation models Fire HD, Kindle Fire HDX 7, and Kindle Fire HDX 8.9.
In addition to sharing favorite passages, seeing your Want to Read shelves, and personal book recommendations, we've included several of our members' favorite features, including:
- Track what you want to read, have read, and are currently reading,
- Rate books after you've read them,
- Keep up with what your friends are reading in your Updates feed and on their profiles, and
- Add the books you've purchased on Amazon to your Goodreads shelves.
Let's take a tour.
See what your friends are reading
Read reviews from your friends and the Goodreads community
Easily update your Goodreads shelves—mark a book as Currently Reading and rate it when you finish
This news is the latest in a series of updates we have rolled out for our U.K. and Irish members, including these three features on our website:
- Preview a book on Goodreads—Want to find out more about a book before you add it to your Want to Read shelf or decide to buy it? Click on the "Preview" icon on a book page to read a sample. Preview is available on any of the millions of titles that have a Kindle edition.
- Listen to a book on Goodreads—Listen to a sample of an audiobook within your browser to help choose your next audiobook. Click on the "Listen" icon on a book page and the audio sample will start to play. You can listen, pause, and resume the sample. Listen is available for any of the 180,000 books that have an Audible audiobook edition. This is currently only available on the Goodreads.com website on your computer or laptop.
- Add Your Amazon Books on Goodreads—Easily keep track of the books you have read, are currently reading, and want to read by adding books purchased on Amazon—both print and Kindle—to your Goodreads shelves. You can rate and shelve each book individually. We give you full control over which books to add so you avoid adding any book you bought as a gift. (Or any book you'd rather keep private!)
In the U.K. and Ireland, Goodreads will roll out to Kindle e-readers and Fire tablets in a free, over-the-air update delivered automatically in the coming weeks to all generations of Kindle Paperwhite, as well as Kindle Voyage and the latest generation Kindle. The update will also be available for Amazon's complete range of current-generation tablets, Fire HD 6, Fire HD 7, and Fire HDX 8.9, as well as previous-generation models Fire HD, Kindle Fire HDX 7, and Kindle Fire HDX 8.9. On e-readers, the personalized recommendations feature will be available on the latest generation Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite (6th and 7th generations), and Kindle Voyage.
How will you know you have Goodreads on your device? For Kindle e-readers, you'll see our friendly "g" on the right of the top navigation bar:
For Fire tablets, from the Home screen, tap on Apps and you'll find the Goodreads icon there. Simply tap on these icons and follow the instructions to link your Goodreads account to your device.
Wondering when your country or device will get this? Goodreads is currently available on Kindle e-readers and Fire tablets in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and now the U.K. and Ireland. We don't have details to share about other devices or about introducing Goodreads to Kindle e-readers or Fire tablets in other countries at this time, but our goal is to provide the Goodreads experience on Kindle e-readers and Fire tablets to as many of our members as possible. In the meantime, other options to consider are our iPhone/iPad app or our Android app, available from the Amazon Appstore for Android or from Google Play.
Let us know what you think!
Comments Showing 1-50 of 125 (125 new)
back to top