Hello readers!
Many of you have asked about the different connections between my fighters, which span 3 separate publishers, and 3 separate series, but ultimately mesh in the end.

Here we go!

Jude's Law (Law, #1) by Lori Foster Murphy's Law (Law, #2) by Lori Foster Jude Jamison, from Jude's Law, is the 1st book in the Law Duology, http://lorifoster.com/connected-books... written during my time at Kensington Publishing.

Jude was a fighter-turned-actor who, because of personal tragedy, wanted to return to the more heartfelt, real and reliable world of MMA. At the time, I had no plans on including any other fighters. In fact, the next book was Murphy's Law, which, while strongly related, has nothing to do with fighting.

But readers surprised me with their love of MMA, spurring me to write the Fighter Series - http://lorifoster.com/connected-books... - after I moved to Berkley Publishing.

Causing Havoc (SBC Fighters, #1) by Lori Foster Simon Says (SBC Fighters, #2) by Lori Foster Hard To Handle (SBC Fighters, #3) by Lori Foster My Man, Michael (SBC Fighters, #4) by Lori Foster Back in Black (SBC Fighters, #5) by Lori Foster The series includes Causing Havoc, Simon Says, Hard To Handle, and My Man, Michael (be warned that Michael's story is a time travel, and yes, I've already been thoroughly eviscerated by many, many disgruntled readers for that bad choice. lol) Lastly, I wrote Back in Black, featuring the man who is the force behind the organization. The fighters in my original series were already established, some of them champions, others well on the way to winning the title.

Later, I moved to HQN Publishing. Readers continually requested more fighter books, so when a neighborhood fighter, Cannon Colter, "showed up" in the Love Undercover series - http://lorifoster.com/connected-books... - readers really wanted his story. (I say he "showed up" because I didn't plan him. I plan very little, in fact. But sometimes surprise characters just pop onto the page - and more often than not, I just go with it. ::wink::)

Cannon led me to the branch-off Ultimate Series - http://lorifoster.com/connected-books... - written about newer fighters just starting the journey to recognizable success.

Fighting Dirty (Ultimate, #4) by Lori Foster Holding Strong (Ultimate, #2) by Lori Foster No Limits (Ultimate, #1) by Lori Foster Hard Knocks (Ultimate, #0.5) by Lori Foster The Ultimate Series includes Hard Knocks (an introductory novella), No Limits, Holding Strong, Tough Love, and Fighting Dirty.

In the last book, Fighting Dirty, everyone comes together for a common cause. The original fighters join with the newer fighters, some to help coach, others to help train. Even Jude shows up as a bigtime sponsor. Finally, they're one big happy family. ::grin::

I've been asked many times, so I'll also add that yes, the other fighters who hadn't yet gotten books - Leese, Justice, Brand, & Miles - will appear in another branch-off series, the upcoming Body Armor series, featuring capable fighters-turned-bodyguards. The first book, Under Pressure, will release in Feb 2017.

So now you know who the fighters are, how they're connected, and what the differences might be.

Any questions, just let me know! www.LoriFoster.com/contact
Please always check my website, specifically under "Connected Books," which details how books are related, shows you all the covers, and all the buying options. http://lorifoster.com/connected-books/

Happy reading to all,


Lori Foster
www.LoriFoster.com

A Buckhorn Bachelor by Lori FosterDon't Tempt Me by Lori FosterFighting Dirty (Ultimate, #4) by Lori FosterTough Love (Ultimate, #3) by Lori FosterHolding Strong (Ultimate, #2) by Lori FosterNo Limits (Ultimate, #1) by Lori Foster Hard Knocks (Ultimate, #0.5) by Lori FosterA Buckhorn Summer (Buckhorn Brothers, #5.7) by Lori FosterDash of Peril (Love Undercover, #4) by Lori FosterGetting Rowdy (Love Undercover, #3) by Lori FosterBare It All (Love Undercover, #2; Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #5) by Lori FosterRun the Risk (Love Undercover, #1) by Lori FosterWhat Chris Wants (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4.5) by Lori FosterA Perfect Storm (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4) by Lori FosterSavor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3) by Lori FosterTrace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) by Lori FosterWhen You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) by Lori FosterThe Guy Next Door (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #0.5; Donovan Brothers Brewery, #0.5) by Lori Foster

14 likes ·   •  37 comments  •  flag
Twitter icon
Published on March 30, 2016 08:16 • 9,943 views
Comments (showing 1-37 of 37) (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shayna (new)

Shayna York This is fantastic! I have been trying to get it all straight in my mind and this smooths it all out.


message 2: by Lori (new)

Lori Foster Shayna wrote: "This is fantastic! I have been trying to get it all straight in my mind and this smooths it all out."

Yay. lol. I'm so glad it helps. :-D


message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah i like reading books that have the actors move book to book the only thing that you have to read the hole seris in order to understand the story


message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori Foster Deborah wrote: "i like reading books that have the actors move book to book the only thing that you have to read the hole seris in order to understand the story"

Hi Deborah,

I promise you, each of my books stands alone. You won't get lost. You just meet characters in each book who might also have a book. But they don't have dangling storylines or anything. :-)
Hope that makes sense.

Happy reading,

Lori


message 5: by Debra (new)

Debra Lori,
I just wanted to comment that I loved the book, My Man Michael. Granted, I also love urban fantasy and paranormal, but even so, I thought Michael was a great character and his story very solid. I always hated for you that you took some heat for that book. I enjoyed it. This is one reason I loved the series written as L.L. Foster. I wish you could write another series in that genre.


message 6: by Lori (new)

Lori Foster Debra wrote: "Lori,
I just wanted to comment that I loved the book, My Man Michael. Granted, I also love urban fantasy and paranormal, but even so, I thought Michael was a great character and his story very soli..."


Thank you so much, Debra. I would love to revisit time travel or urban fantasy again - and I probably will some day. But in hindsight, I realize Michael shouldn't have been time travel. I should have explored that with a character who *wasn't* in the middle of a contemporary setting. lol. My bad!
It was very kind of you to write me, and I'm so glad that you, at least, enjoyed it.
Many, many thanks!


message 7: by ButtonsMom2003 (new)

ButtonsMom2003 Like Debra, I loved My Man Michael, too but I kind of understand that it probably was a shock to some readers. I also agree with Debra that it was hard to read people's comments criticizing you for that story.

I'm a huge fan and I also love your L.L. Foster books.


message 8: by Lori (new)

Lori Foster ButtonsMom2003 wrote: "Like Debra, I loved My Man Michael, too but I kind of understand that it probably was a shock to some readers. I also agree with Debra that it was hard to read people's comments criticizing you for..."

Thanks! Trust me, I completely understood where the disappointed readers were coming from. It was my error. :-)
But I'm especially glad that some readers enjoyed it regardless.
Big hugs!


message 9: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Lori

I love all of your writing. It all made sense to me I guess because I started with "When You Dare" which was hard copy. I moved through that series first. Which then led me to "Cannon Coulter" and then in turn led me to the SBC Fight series. It has been great fun. I can now load an EPUB to my tablet through O Drive.

The most difficult part I've had is not having all of the books available at my local library. I especially liked Jamie, A LOT, but was unable to find anything else within in "Visitation" series until recently.

I think it's fabulous girl, keep up the good work.

Dawn


message 10: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Salter I've been a fan while now, love all your books! Every new "series" is my favorite! lol The Winstons have the twins that one brother was a fighter, Hart. Dean is and always will be my favorite of the fighters!


message 11: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Giampolo I'm wondering if the Body Armor series will have any 'visits' from Dare and Trace??? ;) ;) ;)


message 12: by Lori (new)

Lori Foster Margaret wrote: "I'm wondering if the Body Armor series will have any 'visits' from Dare and Trace??? ;) ;) ;)"

Hey Margaret,
I have no idea. I don't plan that far ahead. I pretty much just sit down and start writing, and what happens, happens. :-) Just think - we can BOTH be surprised if they do! :-)


message 13: by Lori (new)

Lori Foster Rhonda wrote: "I've been a fan while now, love all your books! Every new "series" is my favorite! lol The Winstons have the twins that one brother was a fighter, Hart. Dean is and always will be my favorite of th..."

Thank you, Rhonda! Yes, I dabbled in fighter-heroes quite a few times. ;-)


message 14: by Lori (new)

Lori Foster Dawn wrote: "Lori

I love all of your writing. It all made sense to me I guess because I started with "When You Dare" which was hard copy. I moved through that series first. Which then led me to "Cannon Coulter..."


Thank you, Dawn! Unfortunately, I have no control over those aspects of publishing. My role begins and ends at writing the best book I can and giving some input on the cover. After that, it's up to the industry: publisher, publicist, distributors to decide on everything else.


message 15: by Sara (new)

Sara Thank you for the clarification! It's great to hear the Characters who didn't get a book in the Ulitmate series will now have story of their own!


message 16: by Lori (new)

Lori Foster Sara wrote: "Thank you for the clarification! It's great to hear the Characters who didn't get a book in the Ulitmate series will now have story of their own!"

Yes, ma'am! Didn't want to leave any of them "unsatisfied." :-)


♥ WishfulMiss ♥ I've read them all! Loved them ALL! Super safe, steamy and sweet!


message 18: by Heather (new)

Heather Thank-you for the guide to your fighter series, this will help a lot in keeping track of all the characters.


message 19: by Cyrille (new)

Cyrille Brennan I have all your books and loved all except my man michael. I wish you could say that this story was a dream, think Dallas, and write another Michael book.


message 20: by Lori (new)

Lori Foster ♥ WishfulMiss ♥ wrote: "I've read them all! Loved them ALL! Super safe, steamy and sweet!"

Thank you!


message 21: by Lori (new)

Lori Foster Heather wrote: "Thank-you for the guide to your fighter series, this will help a lot in keeping track of all the characters."

You're very welcome, Heather! I'm glad it's helpful.


message 22: by Lori (new)

Lori Foster Cyrille wrote: "I have all your books and loved all except my man michael. I wish you could say that this story was a dream, think Dallas, and write another Michael book."

Sorry about that, Cyrille. There were a great many readers disappointed with his story. Let's call it a temporary glitch on my part. ;-)


message 23: by Christine (new)

Christine Hooks I love how you have detailed all rhe cconnection. I have read all of these books.


message 24: by Julie (new)

Julie Veit Thank you for this!! I can't wait to update my reading list to accurately reflect each series and the order of the books (it was the only way I could track what I've read and missed).. Think I missed Havoc's story.


message 25: by Lori (new)

Lori Foster Julie wrote: "Thank you for this!! I can't wait to update my reading list to accurately reflect each series and the order of the books (it was the only way I could track what I've read and missed).. Think I miss..."

You can also look on my website! I have "Connected Books" on there that shows you the order and who the books are about.
Thanks!


message 26: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Boy, was I grateful to find this blog! I love reading series, but my OCD won't let me start in the middle if I can avoid it. LOL Or if I accidentally do, I go to the beginning and read in order till I'm caught up with what I already read.

That said, I started with the Law duology years ago...LOVED it! I started the Fighter series after that, but I only got to Hard to Handle, then somehow fell behind.

So when Under Pressure came out, I went looking to see if was a series and what number it was. I was delighted to see that it was the first in a new series, then read your intro only to find that it's a continuation of the Ultimate series, which I haven't read yet AND was a continuation of the Fighter series, which I hadn't finished!

Thankfully, I am a re-reader, so I am happily going back to Jude's Law (OCD, remember?) so I can cruise through all the series in order, with the lovely thoughts that I am revisiting old friends and there are new friends just down the reading road.

Thank you so much for your books! I love when I find an author that makes me laugh as I read great stories about fun characters. And since I am a fan of the Servant series, I'm pretty sure the time travel in My Man Michael won't faze me a bit!

Sorry this is so long...sometimes I think my fingers just type stuff independent of my brain! :)


message 27: by Lori (new)

Lori Foster lol. Thanks Tamara, but I *promise* you, they do NOT need to be read in any order. The books are each stand alone.

Happy reading!


message 28: by Rini (new)

Rini Hill I love ALL of your books and because of your fighter books, I am now interested in MMA. & although the change of scenery in My Man Michael was abrupt, I did love the book. I hope you return to that world - I want to know what happens with Reamae and her daughtes.


message 29: by Lori (new)

Lori Foster Thank you so much, Rini!
I very much enjoyed writing that book (My Man, Michael) and I would love to revisit it some day. Who knows if that'll ever happen though.
I'm thrilled that you enjoyed all the books, and I hope in the future, none of my stories ever disappoint you!
Happy reading. :-D


message 30: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Leicht This was great! I just recently read the Jude's law and Murphy's law, and did not make the connection. So now I need to go start and re-read in order....OH DARN...I hate that I have to read such great books again!! And I agree with Rini, I loved My Man, Michael. Thank you and keep them coming!!


message 31: by Lori (new)

Lori Foster Deanna wrote: "This was great! I just recently read the Jude's law and Murphy's law, and did not make the connection. So now I need to go start and re-read in order....OH DARN...I hate that I have to read such gr..."

Thank you, Deanna! :-D
I hope you enjoy them all over again.

Hugs!


message 32: by Brittney (new)

Brittney Christensen Causing Havoc was the book that changed my whole experience with reading! Once I finshed that book I became obsessed with reading, especially books by you. I love how you create the characters. I'm currently rereading all the books I have by you. Thank you for creating the fighter series. I feel like I'm stepping into another world when I read your books. The friendship, loyalty and love between the characters is so magical. I can't wait to read more books by you!


message 33: by Lori (new)

Lori Foster Brittney wrote: "Causing Havoc was the book that changed my whole experience with reading! Once I finshed that book I became obsessed with reading, especially books by you. I love how you create the characters. I'm..."

Thank you so much, Brittney. I'm extremely flattered. :-)
I hope my stories never disappoint you!
Big hugs & happy reading!


message 34: by Brittney (new)

Brittney Christensen Oh my goodness! I'm reading "Holding Strong" for the first time and I think Cherry and Denver are my new favorite couple! I am so excited for Armie and Rissy though, it's a sweet torture. You out did yourself once again. <3


message 35: by Lori (new)

Lori Foster Brittney wrote: "Oh my goodness! I'm reading "Holding Strong" for the first time and I think Cherry and Denver are my new favorite couple! I am so excited for Armie and Rissy though, it's a sweet torture. You out d..."

Thanks, Brittney! Those books have been out for a little while now, so once you finish with them, you can segue into Body Armor with Leese, Justice, Miles and Brand. ;-)
Hope you enjoy them all! :-D


message 36: by Dana (new)

Dana My first book of yours was Under Pressure. I was immediately hooked. I read both of the Body Armour books. Then went and bought all four of the Love Undercover and now I am reading the last of the Ultimate collection. I originally bought your book because I was looking for a new author to read and the cover of the book caught my eye. I usually read para-normal romance. So this was a big switch for me Next for me is the Buckhorn Brothers.


message 37: by Lori (new)

Lori Foster Dana wrote: "My first book of yours was Under Pressure. I was immediately hooked. I read both of the Body Armour books. Then went and bought all four of the Love Undercover and now I am reading the last of the ..."

Wow. Thanks so much, Dana! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed Under Pressure enough to read more. :-D I hope you enjoy the Buckhorn guys too!


back to top