Start by marking “When I Found You” as Want to Read:
When I Found You

When I Found You

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  35,707 ratings  ·  2,733 reviews
When Nathan McCann discovers a newborn baby boy half buried in the woods, he assumes he's found a tiny dead body. But then the baby moves and in one remarkable moment, Nathan's life is changed forever.

The baby is sent to grow up with his grandmother, but Nathan can't forget him and is compelled to pay her a visit. He asks for one simple promise - that one day she will intr
Published September 10th 2009 by Black Swan (first published August 13th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about When I Found You, please sign up.
Susan I liked the book in general but not enough character development and didn't go into motivations enough. Other than that.... it read very fast.

·  35,707 ratings  ·  2,733 reviews

Jalal Almarhoon
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
رواية جميلة
يتم التخلي عنه عند ولادته لكي يموت، لكن تشاء الأقدار أن يرجع الرضيع "نات" ليعيش مع جدته والتي بدورها تتخلى عنه. يأتي دور العجوز "نيثن" الذي يتبناه ويعطيه "حب غير مشروط".

تدور أحداث الرواية بين مواقف متناقضة:
بين من يؤمن بك ويحبك، وبين من يتخلى عنك.
بين صراع البقاء والكفاح لتحقيق الاحلام، وبين اليأس.
بين ان تصنع الفرق في حياة شخص آخر، او تعيش حياتك لنفسك.

تتابع في الرواية حياة نات في مواجهة هذه التحديات. معظم المواقف مفهومة أو حتى مبررة، لكن واقعاً تصطدم بقيم انسانية، نؤمن بها لكن قلما نما

• Unconventional
  • Ain't No Sunshine
  • The Collectibles
  • Whispers from the Ashes
  • The Fence My Father Built
  • Emma's Secret (Finding Emma, #2)
  • The Misremembered Man (Tailorstown #1)
  • Things We Set On Fire
  • The Language of Sparrows
  • Little Lamb Lost (Claire Conover, #1)
  • Small Kindnesses
I am the author of more than 30 published and forthcoming books, including ALLIE AND BEA, SAY GOODBYE FOR NOW, LEAVING BLYTHE RIVER, ASK HIM WHY, WORTHY, THE LANGUAGE OF HOOFBEATS, TAKE ME WITH YOU, WHERE WE BELONG, WHEN I FOUND YOU, WALK ME HOME, SECOND HAND HEART, DON'T LET ME GO, and WHEN YOU WERE OLDER.

I'm an avid hiker, traveler, equestrian, and amateur photographer, and have released my fir
“Most people prefer to think that their resentment is entirely the fault of the person they resent, and that twisted logic seems to make sense in their minds. But it makes no sense to me at all... But it's a popular point of view. Probably because it's so much easier. It relieves you of the burden of any and all self-examination.
(Nathan to Nat)”
17 likes
“The fact that you don’t grasp the meaning of something doesn’t mean it has none.” 14 likes