Choco’s Reviews > City of Ashes > Status Update

Choco
Choco is 90% done
Wow. Valentine, the evil villain of this book, the one haunting everyone's nightmares, the one who told Jace all about how to kill vampires, JUST FAILED TO KILL ONE. LOL. What the hell is this?
Sep 13, 2011 04:03PM
City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)

6 likes · like flag

Choco’s Previous Updates

Choco
Choco is 98% done
She'd cried loudly enough that the man sitting across from her had offered her a tissue, and she'd screamed, What do you think you're looking at, jerk? at him... What a mean little bitch! Picking on poor innocent men and not ever saying anything to jerkface Jace. This REALLY pisses me off!
Sep 14, 2011 08:10PM
City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)


Choco
Choco is 98% done
"Dumbledore would totally win," said the first one. "He has the badass Killing Curse." The second lycanthrope made a trenchant point. "But Dumbledore isn't real." Ms. Clare, are you trying to get more Harry Potter fans to love your books? Well, I'm a Harry Potter fan, and this pissed me off. Also, Dumbledore doesn't have the Killing Curse, you dumbo, that's Voldy and his Death Eaters. You plagiarist.
Sep 14, 2011 07:36PM
City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)


Choco
Choco is 96% done
"That's great," Clary said, trying to sound supportive despite how gross the idea happened to be of people her mom's and Luke's age being in love. CLARE IS SERIOUSLY MESSED UP! THAT is GROSS, but CLARY AND JACE PRACTICALLY EATING EACH OTHER WHILE KISSING IS NOT? Oh my god, someone take her to a doctor!
Sep 14, 2011 07:11PM
City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)


Choco
Choco is 96% done
Waaaaiiit a second. I remember from the last book that we got a whole chapter on Luke's story, and I think there was a lot about Clary's mom there. What I understood from that was that he loved her, but now it seems Clary doesn't know that. So I take it he wasn't talking to Clary in that chapter? Or Clary was too stupid to understand any of it?
Sep 14, 2011 07:07PM
City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)


Choco
Choco is 96% done
He'll always look like this. When I'm fifty or sixty, he'll still look sixteen. AARGH TWILIGHT!
Sep 14, 2011 06:59PM
City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)


Choco
Choco is 94% done
Yep, and I was right. Clare obviously doesn't want any of her fave characters to suffer in any possible way. Her precious darlings.
Sep 14, 2011 06:56PM
City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)


Choco
Choco is 94% done
She fell against him, trying to cover as much of his body as she could with her own. She knew it was useless. When the sun touched him, he'd fall away to ashes. Lemme guess. This is set up to make us feel all worried, and then give us some surprise that, HEYY, CHECK IT OUT -- SIMON IS FINE! Right? Right.
Sep 14, 2011 06:48PM
City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)


Choco
Choco is 90% done
He didn't sound like a kid smarting off to an adult; he sounded like someone who felt like he could face Valentine Morgenstern on equal footing. Like someone who deserved to face him on equal footing. W.T. FUCK? So, Simon was nothing before? Simon is now something thanks to Jace? Clare seems to be very much in love with her little Jace. Another Stephenie Meyer. But, a sneaky one.
Sep 13, 2011 04:39PM
City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)


Choco
Choco is 86% done
I like how the adults and supporting characters get injured/killed, but our heroes, nope. They're just that special, you see.
Sep 11, 2011 06:42PM
City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)


Choco
Choco is 82% done
When the demon banked and swerved suddenly, she let out a scream. Valentine laughed. Why would he laugh? Was that an evil laugh, or like a 'I like this ride!' laugh, or like a 'hehe' laugh, or ... what is this? Why did he laugh? It seems so silly. Why would Clary scream, anyways? Her friend is supposedly dead, and she's screaming about this? This is so stupid.
Sep 11, 2011 06:26PM
City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)


Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)

dateDown_arrow    newest »

John Egbert AHAHAHA! You reached this point of epic fail, I see.


Choco LOL, I'm laughing so hard now.

Simon just forced Jace to the ground to drink from his neck, and JACE FUCKING LIKES IT! I bet there's fan fiction on this. I bet you ANY money there is.


John Egbert Oh wow...I don't know why, but that turned me into a Simon/Jace convert. Possibly because I milk any yaoi-ish scene dry, and possibly because there's just something so satisfying and hilarious about Jace being a blood whore for Simon of all people. Don't ask.


Haleema Valentine... Voldemort... I don't see ANY resemblance at all.

Who the hell names their villain VALENTINE?! Dumb as hell.


Synesthesia Valentine is a wussy name for a villain. Makes me think of Naggy maggie Valentine from Ender's game. She pisses me off.
Though Vincent is cool. I love him. He's my favourite in Final Fantasy 7. But not a villain.


Choco I like the name Valentine. Mainly because of this guy:


But Clare just completely ruined it.

Also, when I first read it, I'd heard a lot about her Harry Potter fan fiction, so when I saw Valentine, I had to go back and check to see if it didn't say VOLDEMORT. Clare needs to stop taking from other series and her own fan fiction. She should write something original. Is that too hard?


Choco Mello wrote: "Oh wow...I don't know why, but that turned me into a Simon/Jace convert. Possibly because I milk any yaoi-ish scene dry, and possibly because there's just something so satisfying and hilarious abou..."

O.O

Lol, I won't ask.


Synesthesia I COULD DO THAT. YAY! Vincent! I love him! WOO HOO

I think I have an action figure of him somewhere stupid.


Choco Do you? Haha, that's awesome. I'm gonna do a nice little sketch of him soon and stick it on my wall. He's so gorgeous.


Synesthesia he is. he has the best hair in the game next to Sephiroth. Shame you don't see him at the end. SHAME! He's so cool and has the best music!


message 11: by Choco (new) - rated it 1 star

Choco Sephiroth and Vincent are my two favorite. Maybe because they were both destroyed by that damn Hojo. Except one turned out good, and the other... a maniac. I like Sephiroth's theme better. It's much creepier. I like CREEPY.


message 12: by John (new) - rated it 2 stars

John Egbert Palice wrote: "Mello wrote: "Oh wow...I don't know why, but that turned me into a Simon/Jace convert. Possibly because I milk any yaoi-ish scene dry, and possibly because there's just something so satisfying and ..."

You don't want to know...

Since I'm out of the loop on Vincent and Sephiroth, I won't say anything else except for that their names are wicked cool XD


message 13: by Choco (new) - rated it 1 star

Choco Mello wrote: "Palice wrote: "Mello wrote: "Oh wow...I don't know why, but that turned me into a Simon/Jace convert. Possibly because I milk any yaoi-ish scene dry, and possibly because there's just something so ..."

Look:

Jace stood watching Valentine without expression. "He's a vampire, that's true," he said. "But his name is Simon."

JACE LOVES SIMON! That's why he's so nasty and mean to him all the time! That has to be it. Oh my god, I should reread the book again to find all the clues. OH MY GOD. The true reason Jace is an asshole. Unrequited love. He's almost like Snape here.

Vincent Valentine and Sephiroth are as cool as their names.


message 14: by John (new) - rated it 2 stars

John Egbert But Simon wasn't hurting him—not really—the pain that had started out sharp faded to a sort of dull burn, pleasant the way the burn of the stele was sometimes pleasant. A drowsy sense of peace stole through Jace's veins and he felt his muscles relax; the hands that had been trying to push Simon away a moment ago now pressed him closer. He could feel the beat of his own heart, feel it slowing, its hammering fading to a softer echo. A shimmering darkness crept in at the corners of his vision, beautiful and strange.

Oh, taking this out of context...there is so much ho yay it's unimaginable.

Your explanation is gold! It's a love/hate relationship! *squees*

Wait, why am I squeeing? I hate Jace. And TMI. WHY HAZ I TURNED INTO A SHIPPER??? I blame you, Palice! You're the one who made me go back on the scene and absorb it's full Ho Yayness in the first place! AARRRGGHHHH! NOOOOOOOOO!

(Hey, Snape wasn't an outright asshole to Lily. He just pulled a pretty assholish move. Comparing Snape to Jace makes my inner fangirl burn. And I'm not even a fangirl. Does that make any sense? No? I'll shut up now...)

I will check them out if they're THAT cool. Vincent Valentine. Sephiroth.


message 15: by Choco (new) - rated it 1 star

Choco LOL!

You went and searched for the ENTIRE THING? What are you turning into? But seriously, this is almost like a rape/sex scene, except with blood. Wait... a second...

O.O

*hits head against the wall*

I DO NOT WANT TO THINK ABOUT THAT!

I wonder if Clare had that in mind too while she was writing it. I betcha anything she did... yep, she did... oooh, maybe she's a Simon/Jace shipper too. All the arguing and insults between the two must be the sexual tension.

Don't you DARE blame it on me! I was just laughing at it, but you actually took it seriously, and that got me thinking about it too. This is so funny, I think I'm gonna do some fan art. Well, maybe not fan art, since I'm not a fan. Hate art, I suppose.

(Oh, sorry, sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like that. Of course Snape is no Jace, that's an insult to the whole Harry Potter series and J. K. Rowling herself. I was thinking more of how Snape treats Harry like shit because he loves his mother, who didn't love him. I should explain myself better next time. Apologies, and plenty of them. I do love Snape too.)

Yeees, you shoould. (view spoiler)


message 16: by John (new) - rated it 2 stars

John Egbert Hey Palliiiiccce? Lookie here, cupcakes!

(view spoiler)

I'm already reading fanfiction...I'M SO FAR GONE, WHY?! *wails in agony* Well, at least I'm amusing myself. *wails in agony amusingly*

I'll do hate art too! And we can post it together to get over the embarrassment of drawing anything written by Cassandra Clare!

(I wasn't entirely serious Palice! I know you didn't mean it that way, I have too much faith in you as a friend to think you'd seriously compare HP to TMI! But your explained version does make a lot of sense, and I wholeheartedly agree.)

Wuh-ow. That. Sounds. Awesome.


message 17: by Choco (new) - rated it 1 star

Choco Cupcakes, you say? Sorry, I prefer chocolates.

(view spoiler)

Lol, keep amusing yourself in agony.

Okay, okay, we both do hate art, and if you ever get yours done, tell me, and I will too, and then we'll both submit it.

(Oh, okay. Hurray! It did kind of sound pretty bad though, I didn't notice till I read my comment again. D-: I COMPARED JACE TO SNAPE!)

:-D


message 18: by John (new) - rated it 2 stars

John Egbert (view spoiler)

Alrightly! I'll get it done in six to eight months today! (view spoiler)

(Oh it's happens to the best of us. Don't worry.)

:D

(Perhaps it's my odd obsession with drawing chibi's, but I can't stand typing out the smiley with the nose. I just can't.)


message 19: by Choco (new) - rated it 1 star

Choco OOh nooo! NOOOOO!

Yup. Sounds good. I'll get it done by next year tomorrow... or the day after... or the day after... (view spoiler)

:)
:-)
:D
:-D
:(
:-(
D:
D-:

Hmm, the one without the nose looks cuter. I think of the nose smiley as grown up, you see. They grew a nose. (view spoiler)


message 20: by John (new) - rated it 2 stars

John Egbert What do you think I'm doing? Angsty gritty yaoi Simon/Jace fanart of course! Maybe you should work on a nice, safe picture of Magnus though XD

Grown up smileys...you make me feel so juvenile, Palice XD

AHHHH! I so want that Lavi chibi. He will be mine and I will name him...okay the "name him squishy" quote doesn't really work here. But whatev'. The point is I love Lavi, and Lavi chibi's are even better.


message 21: by Choco (new) - rated it 1 star

Choco I had an idea yesterday at night about what I was going to draw, and then I went to sleep, and I forgot it the next day. I hate it when that happens.

But no-nose smileys are CUTE. That's a good thing! I'll try to use no-nose smileys too then, to feel a little younger.

Chibis make every character adorable. Even this little evil maniac:

Oh, and Near too! Even he's likeable as a chibi. (view spoiler)


message 22: by John (new) - rated it 2 stars

John Egbert Aw man! Well when you remember I'll be waiting.

Hmm...yes, even Near is likable as a chibi. As long as his mouth is closed, anyway. (view spoiler)


back to top

all of Choco’s status updates
everyone’s updates from this book