Aly is so frigging bored > Status Update

Aly is so frigging bored
Aly is so frigging bored added a status update

You kidding right?
=))))))))))))))))))))
May 20, 2012 12:25AM

33 likes · Like flag

Comments (showing 1-33 of 33) (33 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

Aly is so frigging bored Every normal person should have :D


message 2: by Nisha (last edited May 20, 2012 01:14AM) (new)

Nisha I was thinking the same thing. There is no comparison. First of all, I'm having trouble believing that anyone can surpass Charlize Theron. Second, if there is an off chance for that to happen, you cannot expect to cast Kristen Stewart and make it believable that she has a chance. The girl's only almost a 6, and that's on a good day. I could believe it if they casted the girl from vampire diaries...maybe.I don't know any young actresses anymore.


message 3: by Nisha (new)

Nisha I try not to be mean. Most of the people I know are 6's in my book.


Aly is so frigging bored I agree with you guys... She ia unfortunate...


message 5: by rameau (new)

rameau I choose to happen that all this is happening in an upside down universe and the film has somehow leaked through to ours. Sense it doth not make.


message 6: by Chibineko (new)

Chibineko While Kristen Stewart is by no means an ugly dog, she's not some overwhelming beauty that surpasses Charlize Theron. Stewart has an average beauty, but it's just that: average. If she wasn't famous then she wouldn't be considered as hot or attractive as she is. She'd be one of millions of other ordinary, average girls out there.

This in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing since there's a need for average girls in movies that are actually average, but casting her in a movie where she's supposed to be THE fairest and most beautiful of everyone? They better be talking about inner beauty, because Stewart just doesn't compare. And if they're talking about inner beauty, then they better try to avoid making the movie preachy.


message 7: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Nice to see Kristen Stewart's acting is the usual fare. And by normal I mean 'looking slightly distressed and biting her lip'. :P


message 8: by D.G. (new)

D.G. LMAO! I thought the same thing when I saw the trailer for that movie.


message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Too bad none of you know the story. She's SUPPOSED to not be prettier on the outside. That would make everyone miss the point. Which people seem to have done regardless. It's the inner beauty of Snow White that makes her the "fairest of them all". smh


Aly is so frigging bored I don't think the brother Grimm were thinking about that when they wrote their version Jessica....


message 11: by Tina (new)

Tina In what alternate universe is Kristen "looks like she had a whole-face botox injection cause she has no expression" Stewart more beautiful that Charleze Theron?????


message 12: by Christina (new)

Christina @Jessica
While I by no means believe that Stewart is unattractive, (though Theron is far, far more beautiful, hands down imo),
if "the fairest of them all" means beautiful on the inside,why did the Mirror say that the Queen is the fairest all of the years before Snow? She's evil,so presumably ugly on the inside, but she held that title.

I haven't seen the movie yet of course.;)


message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Christina wrote: "@Jessica
While I by no means believe that Stewart is unattractive, (though Theron is far, far more beautiful, hands down imo),
if "the fairest of them all" means beautiful on the inside,why did the..."


Christina wrote: "@Jessica
While I by no means believe that Stewart is unattractive, (though Theron is far, far more beautiful, hands down imo),
if "the fairest of them all" means beautiful on the inside,why did the..."



@Christina
She takes the hearts/energy of pure, beautiful young girls but they can only maintain her outer beauty. That's why it fades and why she needs Snow White's beating heart. Because the inner beauty and purity of her heart would be enough to give Ravenna outer beauty forever. But only outer beauty. And he also means most powerful. But the inner beauty of Snow White is such that it surpasses even what Ravenna can conjure up for herself with her magic. So Snow White IS the fairest of them all but only one as pure of heart as her could compete or surpass Ravenna's outer beauty because she's so beautiful. Which is why she WAS the fairest of them all before Snow White came along.
If you watch the movie trailers, there's a bit where Snow White's mother tells her when she's a child that "We have a rare beauty. In here" and puts her hand over her heart. The whole premise of the story is that Snow White's inner beauty is what matters. That superficial beauty isn't what counts. It wouldn't work if the actress playing Snow White was literally more beautiful than Charlize. I think Kristen is very pretty but she's not Charlize. And they did it on purpose. Done well I think. :)


message 14: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Aly (Lothaire) Daciano wrote: "I don't think the brother Grimm were thinking about that when they wrote their version Jessica...."

Which a) hardly matters when this isn't some verbatim retelling of that fairy tale and b) lot you know about fairy tales and both their inception and alterations over time if you think that.


message 15: by Christina (new)

Christina Jessica wrote: "Christina wrote: "@Jessica
While I by no means believe that Stewart is unattractive, (though Theron is far, far more beautiful, hands down imo),
if "the fairest of them all" means beautiful on the..."


Jessica wrote: "Christina wrote: "@Jessica
While I by no means believe that Stewart is unattractive, (though Theron is far, far more beautiful, hands down imo),
if "the fairest of them all" means beautiful on the..."


That explanation does make sense since they are doing a retelling,and I guess a lot of details are different from Grimm's first version of the story.
Do you by any chance know which version are they doing? I'd like to read it.

Also,you can't blame people for interpreting the story according to the Grimm version, Jessica, after all it's the most famous one, and there are numerous early versions of Snow White, not to mention the modern retellings.

And I feel like I should point out that the 9gag post is meant to be taken humorously. ;)


message 16: by Jessica (last edited May 20, 2012 07:14AM) (new)

Jessica Christina wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Christina wrote: "@Jessica
While I by no means believe that Stewart is unattractive, (though Theron is far, far more beautiful, hands down imo),
if "the fairest of them all" means ..."


Well. I kinda do blame people for it. Not for interpreting it on Grimm's version but for interpreting it on Disney's version, which is what people are doing. And Disney's version was an obvious tamping down on the tale and an amping up of its superficiality to fit in with the time it was released.

And honestly, it's tiresome to see grown women, most older than her, tear down a 22 year old professional woman most often for reasons that are tiresome, superficial, and frankly, embarrassing to me as a fellow woman.

It's a retelling by Evan Daugherty among others as far as I can discover. Of all the versions, it is the most closely related to Grimm's, but as you've said, there are many and it coincides with none of them directly that I can see. It appears the book will follow the movie and won't be released until June 5th.

And the post didn't bother me at all loll It was the petty, asinine comments following the post that weren't as funny.


message 17: by Christina (new)

Christina Thank you, I'll look it up.

As for the rest, well, I can understand there are times when you feel frustrated with something, and I recognize that you want to state your own opinion,(and you should) but this is Aly's post, a person you don't know, if I'm not mistaken.

Personally, it strikes me as kind of rude to go to a strangers post and insult them, regardless of your feelings on the subject. You could have phrased your input far more politely. Again, this is Aly's post, and she should be able to talk freely, you know?


message 18: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Christina wrote: "Thank you, I'll look it up.

As for the rest, well, I can understand there are times when you feel frustrated with something, and I recognize that you want to state your own opinion,(and you should..."



And again, it's not the post I have a problem with. At all. But if she wanted it private, and the ~discussion to follow, she should have kept it that way. They have buttons for that on this site. As it wasn't private, I didn't see the harm in commenting.

And I'm not exactly sure how much more polite I could have been to be honest. Telling grown women that tearing down another woman for such petty reasons and under a misconception of what the story is even about, is "tiresome" is not nearly where I could have gone with that. Especially considering what the reasons behind most women's dislike of Kristen in particular, actually are. "Tiresome" is not that bad of an insult. "Asinine" was slightly worse but either way, I'll leave them to it.


message 19: by Nisha (new)

Nisha Thanks, Jessica, for explaining why they casted the way they did. I'm looking forward for the movie, more so now.

And the reason most people dislike Kristin is not for her looks. More because she's not much of an actress, yet she's a household name for acting as Bella. Since none of us have seen her performance in this movie, we'll settle with the obvious.


message 20: by Christina (last edited May 20, 2012 08:21AM) (new)

Christina Jessica wrote: "Christina wrote: "Thank you, I'll look it up.

As for the rest, well, I can understand there are times when you feel frustrated with something, and I recognize that you want to state your own opin..."


But see, I'm not telling you that you shouldn't have commented.
If this wasn't a conversation happening over the internet, it would be you sitting in a bar, next to a group of people,total strangers, talking about something that you disagreed with. So you walk up and say, "Hey, I overheard you guys talking and A) I don't agree with what you say because etc. B) you guys are idiots for thinking this because etc.
One, in my opinion, is cool, the other isn't.

I don't think anyone should have to edit/hide their own status, because it's their personal opinion.

My point being, people are more accepting of someone's opinion, if it's not agressively put. "Asinine, superficial, lot you know" are all rather agressive.
Anyway.


Aly is so frigging bored Can you guys go have this discussion anywhere but here? This pic was for my friends who agree with me that KS sucks and that she'll make this movie tank...

And Jessica, I don't care what you have to say so back off and bitch about it(if you want) with your friends and leave us laugh our butts of here, if it doesn't offend.


message 22: by Christina (new)

Christina Aly (Lothaire) Daciano wrote: "Can you guys go have this discussion anywhere but here? This pic was for my friends who agree with me that KS sucks and that she'll make this movie tank...

And Jessica, I don't care what you have..."


Done and I apologise on my behalf for rambling on.;)


message 23: by Jessica (last edited May 20, 2012 08:51AM) (new)

Jessica Christina wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Christina wrote: "Thank you, I'll look it up.

As for the rest, well, I can understand there are times when you feel frustrated with something, and I recognize that you want to sta..."


The comments in themselves aren't exactly timid. I only found the post because it was linked on my twitter feed several times by people much less....polite than I'm being. So it was more like someone overheard you in that bar, got really angry, and then I was able to intervene almost. As I can guarantee you wouldn't want them in here. And they were planning on it.

But I do see your point. To a point. But if you're going to post such things where everyone has access, it's going to bother someone every time. And honestly, if it had just been ragging on Kristen Stewart, I wouldn't have commented at all. I see that all the time.(although I suggest people watch Speak or The Cake Eaters if you think she can't act. She can. No one should be judged by Twilight or none of them would work again) It was in conjunction with the misunderstanding of the story/casting that bothered me enough to be aggressive. Perhaps their..fervor infected me more than I realized and I came on super strong in reaction.

You, however, have been very polite. Thank you for that.


message 24: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Aly (Lothaire) Daciano wrote: "Can you guys go have this discussion anywhere but here? This pic was for my friends who agree with me that KS sucks and that she'll make this movie tank...

And Jessica, I don't care what you have..."



ahhh and there's the classiness I was expecting. loll Thanks for not disappointing.


message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

My thoughts exactly.


message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!


message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Jessica wrote: "Too bad none of you know the story. She's SUPPOSED to not be prettier on the outside. That would make everyone miss the point. Which people seem to have done regardless. It's the inner beauty of Sn..."

Haha!! You come onto another thread and try to tell people to keep their opinion private, then get snarky about being classy. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it.


message 28: by Jessica (last edited May 20, 2012 12:46PM) (new)

Jessica Lyn wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Too bad none of you know the story. She's SUPPOSED to not be prettier on the outside. That would make everyone miss the point. Which people seem to have done regardless. It's the in..."

"If you don't like it you don't have to read it" Why am I not surprised to see this here? Quite possibly the dumbest argument ever made. How does anyone know if they like what they've read or not unless they, you know, READ IT?

It's okay girls. I'm sure if he could just meet you he'd like you instead. (females need their fairy tales, after all. Even if they don't seem able to understand them.) I'll leave you to it so you can stop responding to me. Even all the pm's agreeing with me. Have nice days :)


message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Jessica wrote: "Lyn wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Too bad none of you know the story. She's SUPPOSED to not be prettier on the outside. That would make everyone miss the point. Which people seem to have done regardless...."

No one will miss you. And I don't care if people agree with you. You want to act all high and mighty by telling this person that their opinion is wrong, and they they have no right to post it in public. But you have no idea posting your opinion publicly. That's plain tacky. You are a troll. You are attacking this person for their personal opinion on two actresses. You are not enlightening anyone. You are just a snotty person, trying to look better than everyone else.


message 30: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Archer wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Too bad none of you know the story. She's SUPPOSED to not be prettier on the outside. That would make everyone miss the point. Which people seem to have done regardless. It's the in..."

So much anger. Can you read? I'm talking about THIS movie, not Grimm's tale, which are not the same. I'm fairly certain I repeated this a few times. jfc are you being dim on purpose?


message 31: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Archer wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Archer wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Too bad none of you know the story. She's SUPPOSED to not be prettier on the outside. That would make everyone miss the point. Which people seem to ha..."

I said that because none of you appear to know THIS story. This is not some verbatim retelling of Grimm's tale. In THIS Snow White the story is as I said. Of course it's based on Grimm's tale. In its characters. But the story is different. Very different. They didn't cast someone prettier on purpose. Because that would make people miss the point. This isn't Disney. Or Grimm. So be astounded by the screenwriter. It wasn't my idea.


message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Jessica wrote: "Archer wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Archer wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Too bad none of you know the story. She's SUPPOSED to not be prettier on the outside. That would make everyone miss the point. Which pe..."
I thought you were leaving.


message 33: by Jessie (new)

Jessie why? I mean at least in that other snow white movie Mirror mirror or whatever lily collins had a chance against Julia Roberts, Charlize Theron vs Kristen stewart. Just no.


back to top

all of Aly is so frigging bored’s status updates
everyone’s updates from this book