The Book Club Experiment
— 329 members
— last activity Nov 28, 2015 09:09AM
Read, Vote, and Help Promote! Imagine you are one of the hosts on the TV show, Shark Tank. Instead of vetting new business ideas, you are vetting bookRead, Vote, and Help Promote!
Imagine you are one of the hosts on the TV show, Shark Tank. Instead of vetting new business ideas, you are vetting books ... and you have clout. Self-published authors appear each week, vying to get your help to make their book a success.
In a nutshell, this is The Book Club Experiment.
* Week 1 - Three authors will present their books (Tues, Wed, Thurs). Prior to their Q&A session, each author provides an excerpt for review on BCRL. To build some enthusiasm around their book, authors can post trivia questions for a giveaway (also on BCRL). Q&A discussions will help us get to know the authors and their books. At the end of Week 1, we vote and declare a winner for the month.
* Week 2&3 - Members purchase and read the selected book. At the end of Week 3, we have a follow up book club meeting, hosted again by the author, to discuss the book in greater detail.
* Week 4 - If members like the book, we help promote it by doing the following in a coordinated effort:
1) Leave reviews on Amazon and Goodreads,
2) Click 'Like' on Amazon, Goodreads, & Facebook,
3) Click Tags on Amazon,
4) Send Tweets,
5) Post the book's BCRL page to StumbleUpon
6) Post on Facebook
Aside from writing your review, the rest should take no more than a minute each. We'll do these over a 2 or 3 day period.
Note: Authors assume the risk that members may not like the book and leave negative reviews.
Building a Buzz?
The most difficult part of an author's job is marketing ... getting the word out. In today's web-toctracy, we all have a vote. As a group of 300, 500, or even 1,000 members, our coordinated votes have the potential to make a real difference. We will track our impact by following the Amazon Best Seller's Rank.
Why Do This?
To give our discussions meaning. We will be helping to define an industry and ensure that real talent rises to the top....more