Lacy

Sign in to Goodreads to learn more about Lacy.

http://www.goodreads.com/lacymaybe

Add as a Friend Follow Reviews   Send Message | Compare Books


Too Much Happiness
Lacy is currently reading
bookshelves: currently-reading
Rate this book
Clear rating

 

Lacy's Recent Updates

The Story of the Lost Child by Elena Ferrante
"Obsessed with these books. Altogether they are a masterpiece."
Lacy rated a book it was ok
Two Serious Ladies by Jane Bowles
Two Serious Ladies
by Jane Bowles
read in May, 2016
Rate this book
Clear rating
One star for the cover. One for the title. I wanted to like the book--it had some quirky potential--but overall it felt boring and pointless.
Lacy wants to read
In America by Susan Sontag
Rate this book
Clear rating
Lacy wants to read
Long Quiet Highway by Natalie Goldberg
Rate this book
Clear rating
Lacy is now following Gabi and Candace Jaffe
5967121
This is the Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett
"Excellent. Thought-provoking. Her language sparkles with beautiful descriptions. this is not boring nonfiction. it was fascinating."
The Story of a New Name by Elena Ferrante
" And they'll just get better as you go! "
The Story of a New Name by Elena Ferrante
"This book just took the top of my head off. I liked the first book in the series, but this one... I don't even know if I can talk about it, it feels too personal. All the branches that I wanted to see explored more in the first book were like burn..." Read more of this review »
Lacy wants to read
Ideas of Heaven by Joan Silber
Rate this book
Clear rating
More of Lacy's books…
Wallace Stegner
“In this room hung with the trophies of culture, her story sounded melodramatic and rough. She felt like a squaw explaining how you tanned a deerskin by working brains into the bloody hide and then chewing it all over until it was soft.”
Wallace Stegner, Angle of Repose

W. Somerset Maugham
“There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.”
W. Somerset Maugham

Eula Biss
“Immunity is a public space. And it can be occupied by those who choose not to carry immunity. For some of the mothers I know, a refusal to vaccinate falls under a broader resistance to capitalism. But refusing immunity as a form of civil disobedience bears an unsettling resemblance to the very structure the Occupy movement seems to disrupt--a privileged 1 percent are sheltered from risk while they draw resources from the other 99 percent.”
Eula Biss

Doris Lessing
“Do you know what people really want? Everyone, I mean. Everybody in the world is thinking: I wish there was just one other person I could really talk to, who could really understand me, who'd be kind to me. That's what people really want, if they're telling the truth.”
Doris Lessing, The Golden Notebook

Michael Chabon
“We are accustomed to repeating the cliché, and to believing, that 'our most precious resource is our children.' But we have plenty of children to go around, God knows, and as with Doritos, we can always make more. The true scarcity we face is practicing adults, of people who know how marginal, how fragile, how finite their lives and their stories and their ambitions really are but who find value in this knowledge, even a sense of strange comfort, because they know their condition is universal, is shared.”
Michael Chabon, Manhood for Amateurs

Brina
355 books | 2,314 friends

Tim Weed
467 books | 380 friends

Sylvia
713 books | 221 friends

Allyson
282 books | 41 friends

Jodi Sh.
445 books | 260 friends

missy jean
1,745 books | 222 friends

Sharon
542 books | 123 friends

Lisa Le...
23 books | 126 friends

More friends…



Polls voted on by Lacy

Lists liked by Lacy