Daniel

Sign in to Goodreads to learn more about Daniel.


Add as a Friend Follow Reviews   Send Message | Compare Books


The Mezzanine
Rate this book
Clear rating

 

Daniel's Recent Updates

Daniel rated a book really liked it
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
The Ocean at the End of the Lane
by Neil Gaiman (Goodreads Author)
read in November, 2014
Rate this book
Clear rating
Really fun and whimsical story.
Daniel rated a book it was ok
Skin Game by Jim Butcher
Skin Game (The Dresden Files, #15)
by Jim Butcher (Goodreads Author)
read in July, 2014
Rate this book
Clear rating
Basically nothing happens in this book. Something like 80% of the book was a setup of a shitty heist story and the other 20% was boring rehash. Really didn't like this one. I think I actually like it even less than ghost story.
Daniel rated a book liked it
Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs by Chuck Klosterman
Rate this book
Clear rating
Didn't like it as much as black hat. Someone else put it best, "I've either had every conversation in this book (which I enjoyed more than these essay versions of them) or I've walked away from the conversation because it didn't interest me in the sl ...more
Daniel rated a book really liked it
I Wear the Black Hat by Chuck Klosterman
Rate this book
Clear rating
Fun book with lots of interesting things to think about.
Daniel rated a book really liked it
'Salem's Lot by Stephen King
'Salem's Lot
by Stephen King (Goodreads Author)
read in July, 2014
Rate this book
Clear rating
Easily one of the best vampire stories I've ever read. Only Bram stoker did it better. King can be hit or miss, but this is definitely him at his best.
Skin Game by Jim Butcher
"I sold my soul for the second time
Cos the man, he don't pay me
I begged my landlord for some more time
He said "Son, the bills waiting"
My best friend called me the other night
He said "Man, are you crazy?"


Original Review : i don't know why i keep rea..." Read more of this review »
Daniel rated a book liked it
Lurker by Gary Fry
Lurker
by Gary Fry (Goodreads Author)
read in December, 2013
Rate this book
Clear rating
Daniel wants to read
The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
Rate this book
Clear rating
Daniel wants to read
Declarations of Independence by Howard Zinn
Rate this book
Clear rating
Daniel liked a quote
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
“I know it's crooked, but it's the only game in town.”
Neil Gaiman
More of Daniel's books…
J.G. Ballard
“Civilised life, you know, is based on a huge number of illusions in which we all collaborate willingly. The trouble is we forget after a while that they are illusions and we are deeply shocked when reality is torn down around us.”
J.G. Ballard

Kurt Vonnegut
“Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.”
Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five

George Orwell
“Pacifism is objectively pro-fascist. This is elementary common sense. If you hamper the war effort of one side, you automatically help out that of the other. Nor is there any real way of remaining outside such a war as the present one. In practice, 'he that is not with me is against me'.”
George Orwell

Stephen King
“First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.-Roland Deschain, of Gilead”
Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Philip K. Dick
“You will be required to do wrong no matter where you go. It is the basic condition of life, to be required to violate your own identity. At some time, every creature which lives must do so. It is the ultimate shadow, the defeat of creation; this is the curse at work, the curse that feeds on all life. Everywhere in the universe.”
Philip K. Dick, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

64318 Goon Reads — 332 members — last activity Feb 03, 2015 07:09PM
A collective group for the members of the Something Awful forums to chat about stuff that might not be worthy of a thread in TBB. And some other stuff ...more
Twiligh...
542 books | 3 friends

David
544 books | 46 friends

Heather!
326 books | 9 friends

Amanda
85 books | 17 friends

Michael
90 books | 9 friends

Thomas ...
106 books | 4 friends

Jon
Jon
183 books | 6 friends

John
583 books | 2 friends

More friends…

Quizzes and Trivia

questions answered:
0 (0.0%)

correct:
0 (0.0%)

skipped:
0 (0.0%)

4033539 out of 4033539

streak:
0

best streak:
0

questions added:
0



Polls voted on by Daniel

Lists liked by Daniel