The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

BEST & WORST BOOKS OF... > Least Favorite Books of the Summer 2012 Challenge

Comments (showing 1-21 of 21) (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 11340 comments Mod
What were your least favorite books of the Summer 2012 Challenge?

Jayme(the ghost reader) (JaymeILtheghostreader) | 2306 comments Running With Scissors
Ten Thousand Autumns of Jacob De Zoet

message 11: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2153 comments No 1 star books this season for me.

The only 2 star book was I and Thou, mostly because it was so hard to read. However, I think the concepts presented by Buber will stay with me for a long time.

message 12: by Wendy UK (new)

Wendy  UK (WendyUK) | 727 comments My least favourite book was the one I read for my own task!

Rain

I gave it 2 stars

message 13: by Kathryn CA (new)

Kathryn CA (kathrynlouwCA) | 928 comments For the most part, I read really good books this challenge (which is like a real turn of events from what normally happens). The two I could not stand were Fallen and Two-Way Street. In both cases, I found pretty much nothing redeemable abut the leading lady and I couldn't understand why the men were chasing them so badly. I also found them boring. Both had the potential to be great, but fell really short.

message 14: by Angie (new)

Angie (pinkindle) | 538 comments No 1 Star books this time, but I had two 2 Stars:

Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis

Jayme(the ghost reader) (JaymeILtheghostreader) | 2306 comments You didn't like Moon Called? I read it and loved it. Why didn't you like it?

message 16: by Angie (new)

Angie (pinkindle) | 538 comments I felt like there too many "info dumps" which distracted me from the plot, but at the same time I felt like I didn't learn anything about Mercy herself. I still plan to give at least the next book a chance though.

message 17: by Deedee (new)

Deedee | 1428 comments 1 *
Every Day Is Mother's Day
Hilary Mantel's first novel. I liked her later stuff. I think this one was supposed to be funny, but I didn't find it so.

2*
The House I Loved
I didn't like the heroine and at the end I wound up thinking (mild spoiler) (view spoiler).

message 18: by Jayme VA (new)

Jayme VA | 789 comments Summer Reading is one of the worst books I've ever read. Ever. And as I kept reading it just kept getting worse and worse.

message 19: by Chris (new)

Chris (ChrisMD) | 550 comments My least favorite book of the challenge was definitely The Yard.

I was also somewhat disappointed in two eagerly awaited sequels:
Insurgent
Shadow of Night

They weren't horrible. I'll definitely read the next ones. But they just weren't as good as I hoped they'd be.

message 20: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 242 comments 1 Star:

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Jayme(the ghost reader) (JaymeILtheghostreader) | 2306 comments I agree. Gone Girl was awful.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Dancing Floor (other topics)
Tinkers (other topics)
Armistice (other topics)
Size 12 Is Not Fat (other topics)
The Witches of Eileanan (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Barbara Michaels (other topics)
Paul Harding (other topics)
Nick Stafford (other topics)