Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Author Resource Round Table > Business Cards

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

A.L. Butcher (ALB2012) | 784 comments Not sure if this is useful but I am looking at this site to do some business cards. There are a limited amount for free (or so it says) and the Premium ones seem reasonable. I used this company before for something and the quality was fine.

http://www.vistaprint.co.uk

Justin (JustinBienvenue) | 1412 comments Business cards are good promoters but also not. i still have like 100 and i started with 250. Vistaprint is the best place to get them though for sure.

A.L. Butcher (ALB2012) | 784 comments Well I was badly organised and didn't get it sorted. Everything is a bit up in the air, my mother was terminally ill and has just died so we are sorting that out at the moment. If I get around to it when my head is together I will let you know how it goes.

Marc Nash (sulci) | 660 comments I used vistaprint, cheap and perfectly serviceable. Having given out precisely 1 to date...

A.L. Butcher (ALB2012) | 784 comments Yes. I am not sure who I would give them too:)

Cassandra Giovanni I love vistaprint and I give out a lot of cards.

Sharon (fiona64) | 480 comments I also recommend moo.com. They do two different sizes of cards, and you can have different art on each one if you so desire.

I use Vistaprint for postcard promo pieces (I wait until they are having a special and then I order for whatever is next on my promo calendar). I have not used them for business cards as yet.

As for who to give them to? Leave them in payment trays at restaurants with your signed receipt or money. Put them out on fan tables at events. Make sure you have some in your purse or wallet so that you can leave them in fishbowls for drawings. Give them to people you meet in the dentist's office. In other words ... whenever you get a chance.

One of the (many) reasons I love my Moo cards is that they have a QRC image that takes the person straight to my about.me site; that has my bio and links to all of my social media. The idea is to be as discoverable as possible. I have a second set that has my FB information, my branding statement -- and a place to write an e-mail addy or phone number if I want to give out more personal information.

Think of as many ways as possible to get awareness out there!

Sharon (fiona64) | 480 comments I also recommend moo.com. They do two different sizes of cards, and you can have different art on each one if you so desire.

I use Vistaprint for postcard promo pieces (I wait until they are having a special and then I order for whatever is next on my promo calendar). I have not used them for business cards as yet.

As for who to give them to? Leave them in payment trays at restaurants with your signed receipt or money. Put them out on fan tables at events. Make sure you have some in your purse or wallet so that you can leave them in fishbowls for drawings. Give them to people you meet in the dentist's office. In other words ... whenever you get a chance.

One of the (many) reasons I love my Moo cards is that they have a QRC image that takes the person straight to my about.me site; that has my bio and links to all of my social media. The idea is to be as discoverable as possible. I have a second set that has my FB information, my branding statement -- and a place to write an e-mail addy or phone number if I want to give out more personal information.

Think of as many ways as possible to get awareness out there!

Deb Atwood | 64 comments Sharon,

Great ideas on leaving cards. I guess you never know when a card might spark someone's interest. I was interested in your mention of Moo. What is your opinion of the mini cards? I just heard about them but don't know how popular they are.

Richard Sutton (RichardSutton) | 189 comments I use business cards, some... but what I drop off all the time are 4x6"postcards" of my book covers (in the appropriate spots) printed out on my photo printer on heavy glossy stock. I add a sales link, and make sure I convert the image to CMYK from RGB, first, also at least 200 dpi resolution (300 is better). Seems to work pretty well... dropped at Starbucks, or a bookstore that stocks the books, etc.

unread topics | mark unread