The Kill Order (Maze Runner, #0.5) The Kill Order discussion

What order should I read them

Comments (showing 1-34 of 34) (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tim (new) - added it

Tim Cadieux This may seem dumb, but since i haven't read any of the series and this book is a Prequel, is it worth my reading them they way they were published, or should I start with the Prequel?

message 2: by Kaitlin (new) - added it

Kaitlin I suggest starting with Maze Runner, then Scorch Trials, then Death Cure, and reading kill order last because reading the prequel first might ruin some of the mystery of the series

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Start with the series... it will make the kill order so much more suspenseful for you and you'll be on the edge of your seat wanting to no answers, and you DON'T want them already answered when you're reading the series.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Definitely start with the series. They're so much better( in my opinion) and you don't want to know the plot and what happens before it starts. I think it would ruin the rest of the books for you, because the suspense and mystery is half of what keeps you reading.

Amanda Tenielle wrote: "Definitely start with the series. They're so much better( in my opinion) and you don't want to know the plot and what happens before it starts. I think it would ruin the rest of the books for you, ..."

I do agree. The way I read them was The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trial, The Death Cure, then The Kill Order (when it finally came out in August). I liked reading this series in that order because I thought it just helped me understand the prequel in some ways better.But had I waited for The Kill Oder to come out I would've read them all in order, so I think you should to.;)

Caraline Hi guys!!! Just finished The Death Cure and loved the actual trilogy. Should I read this one now? Is it good enough to buy?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Deff read the series first, no second thought. You'll ruin it if you read the prequel first. I was lucky enough that I didn't even know there was a prequel when I was reading the series... so yeah. And they're way better.

Lizzy I think you should read the series first, so you kind-of get the gist of what is happening

Bailey Dishman Definitely read them in order of publishment.
Maze Runner, Scorch Trials, Death Cure, Kill Order.
There are references, answers, and spoilers in the Kill Order that require you to know whats in the series first. The Kill Order wont make sense without the Maze Runner series.

Bailey Dishman Caraline wrote: "Hi guys!!! Just finished The Death Cure and loved the actual trilogy. Should I read this one now? Is it good enough to buy?"

Definitely! It's amazing and answers so many questions!

Rebecca I had pretty much the same question. I was just about to start reading the Kill Order but I haven't read the Maze Runner series yet. I wanted to read the Maze Runner but it is checked out already at every single library in my county but the prequel is available.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

You'd have to be an idiot to read the Kill Order first.

Dashner wrote the prequel for a reason, so you could get some shuck answers. BUT he also indented for it to be read AFTER the series. It's a prequel you read last.

message 13: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Oh man I'm in the same position as you are right now, just borrowed The Kill Order the other day and I found it all very confusing (just from the blurb and stuff) but thanks to all the comments I'm definitely going to read the Maze Runner now.

message 14: by Arnell (new)

Arnell Pulido Hi i just want to ask if you think it's worth buying the kill order. I've only read the maze runner and i'm gonna buy the series. I'm not sure if i'm buying it or not or just borrow it. I'm trying to save some bucks.

✞кεℓℓү cσsтιgαη✞ Arnell wrote: "Hi i just want to ask if you think it's worth buying the kill order. I've only read the maze runner and i'm gonna buy the series. I'm not sure if i'm buying it or not or just borrow it. I'm trying ..."

I would highly recommend the rest of the Maze Runner trilogy (The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure) and if you like it, then you should read The Kill Order ;)

Chelsea Arnell wrote: "Hi i just want to ask if you think it's worth buying the kill order. I've only read the maze runner and i'm gonna buy the series. I'm not sure if i'm buying it or not or just borrow it. I'm trying ..."

How literal is your question? Are you truly wanting to know whether it's worth BUYING? Or are you merely asking if it's worth reading? I'd say the whole series, including the prequel are definitely worth a read. It's not my favourite series, and by the end of The Death Cure I was actually kind of hoping he'd kill everyone off, but I enjoyed it enough while reading it. And I actually enjoyed The Kill Order MORE than the series (but I agree with everyone else in the recommendation to read the series before you read the prequel.)

As for whether they're worth buying...I'd say no. They were enjoyable enough to read, but I don't see myself ever reading them again. I generally only buy books that I am likely going to read multiple times. For these, I would stick to the library.

Daren I went 1, .5, 2, 2.5(3 pages, yay!) and 3... if i'd read scorch trials second i probably wouldn't have finished the series because it was the weak point for me but having 2 quality books in Maze Runner and Kill Order behind me i had to complete the story.

message 18: by Kara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kara Hi this is a question for the people who have already read the kill order. I am currently reading the death cure and I went to flip through the kill order and I realized that I saw all new characters, so I was wondering is the kill order even about Thomas and everyone else? Does it answer any questions from the other books? And if it is a presquel why isn't it the first book?

Daren kara... The kill order is not about Thomas or any others in the maze... it sets up how conditions got to be so bad some could potentially justify cramming kids into the maze... Imo, it's the best book in the series

Jeany I finished reading the series and I am currently reading The Kill Order and I think I've made the right choice. You should definitely read the series first. You don't want to know the answers before knowing the questions... :)

message 21: by Wolfkin (new)

Wolfkin perfect i came here looking for reading order of The Maze Runner Series and this seems to be what I was looking for thanks.

message 22: by Reilly (new) - added it

Reilly The series first. Its in my opinion so much better than the prequel and you may be discouraged from reading the series if you read the kill order first

message 23: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Parris thanks, this was my question as well :) happy to have it answered before I start the series!!

message 24: by Logan (new)

Logan Ball Kaitlin wrote: "I suggest starting with Maze Runner, then Scorch Trials, then Death Cure, and reading kill order last because reading the prequel first might ruin some of the mystery of the series"
I own the kill order and the maze runner and i have already read the maze runner so should i go out and but the scorch trials and the death cure then read the kill order or can i read the kill order before the second and third books? it would really help my confusion

message 25: by Wolfkin (new)

Wolfkin Lilly

I say wait. Honestly the book series doesn't do much to address confusion. Ever. Your better off saving it for the end

message 26: by Logan (new)

Logan Ball Wolfkin wrote: "Lilly

I say wait. Honestly the book series doesn't do much to address confusion. Ever. Your better off saving it for the end"

okay, thanks :)

Papaphilly Read the prequel first. It won't hurt the rest of the series and gives you a little background that will be helpful.

William Wygle I read The Kill Order first and was really confused. That being said, I made it through the whole book.
I might re-read it when I'm done with the other books.

message 29: by Maddie (new) - added it

Maddie Well then I messed up. I just purchased the series online and I read The Kill Order first. I thought it was amazing and easy to understand. I hope it didn't ruin the other books for me. :/

message 30: by Wolfkin (new)

Wolfkin nah it shouldn't.

message 31: by Flo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Flo R Oh yay! Last 4 comments solved my problem. Started with The Kill Order first and was told I'd be doomed.

Colleen Scidmore Wow..glad I found this discussion was going to start with The Kill Order but it sounds like I should wait! ☺️

message 33: by Kcaj (new)

Kcaj I just got the maze runner and it is brilliant I was worried I might be reading the series wrong I was almost sure the maze runner was the first but I thought the kill order might be after it was confusing because all the other books had book numbers but that one only said prequel anyway this discussion helped me thanks

message 34: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Whiting Wolfkin wrote: "perfect i came here looking for reading order of The Maze Runner Series and this seems to be what I was looking for thanks."

Yes, me too, thanks all.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Kill Order (other topics)
The Maze Runner Series (other topics)