The Sword and Laser discussion

The Kingkiller Chronicles > Patrick Rothfuss thinks time travelers are reading his books

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Micah (last edited Aug 13, 2012 08:44PM) (new)

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments Today I got curious as to when book 3 of The Kingkiller Chronicles would be out so I naturally googled "The Doors of Stone release date" and this was the first link listed.

Mr. Rothfuss has reviewed his own future book and come out concluding that time travelers must really really love his writing. It cracked me up and I thought you all would get a laugh too.

EDIT: some people may not see his review at the top of the page so a second link straight to his review is HERE.

message 2: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (Sandikal) | 1180 comments I love that he threw in the wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff!

message 3: by Micah (new)

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments his sense of humor seems great. I liked the pantsing hitler reference most I think.

message 4: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 3064 comments Awesome.

message 5: by Casey (new)

Casey Hampton (caseyhampton) | 652 comments Rothfuss is pretty cool and his writing ain't shabby either.

message 6: by James (new)

James | 6 comments As much as I'm chomping at the bit to read that book, I'm glad he wants to take the time to do it right rather than just release it and collect his (I'm sure quite substantial) payment from the publisher.

That being said, someone should set up a Police Box across the street from Patrick Rothfuss's house and set up a camera, just to see his reaction. Maybe throw some weeping angels around it too so three days later we see a bearded man sitting on his front lawn with his eyelids taped open.

unread topics | mark unread