The YA Book Club discussion

Dystopian > The Hunger Games Trilogy

Comments (showing 1-50 of 68) (68 new)    post a comment »

Halley (HalleyMcCarty) | 173 comments Mod
Discuss The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins and Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins here! Remember to use the proper spoiler HTML so that you don't spoil things for others. Enjoy :)

Emma3501 | 971 comments i can't believe (view spoiler)

Rachel (Raquella) Team Peeta or Team Gale?

I am team Peeta all the way!!!

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) Neither. Everybody called me crazy but I didn't like either Gale or Peeta. I was totally in love with Finnick!!!

Victoria (victoriialynn) I need to reread THG! I feel like I read them so long ago that I don't remember much! Especially of the second and third books! But I do remember being team Peeta! ...I think haha!

Halley (HalleyMcCarty) | 173 comments Mod
Victoria wrote: "I need to reread THG! I feel like I read them so long ago that I don't remember much!

I know, I read them at least 2 years ago and I can't remember half of what happened! I liked Peeta more after seeing the movie, for some reason. Gale was great, but he wasn't really in the books as much as Peeta was, so...

Rachel (Raquella) I def loved Finnick too- especially when we find out (view spoiler) It just explained so much about him and his personality and showed his vulnerability!

Cierra (Faewon) First book I was definitely teem Peeta no questions asked, but as soon as Finnick came in I loved them both so much I just couldn't choose!

Victoria (victoriialynn) Halley wrote: "I know, I read them at least 2 years ago and I can't remember half of what happened! I liked..."

Exactly! I read them about 2 years ago too, so I remember the gist of them but not too many details. I think I'll just have to reread them soon!

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) Disappointed with Mockingjay. I would say the first book was the best.

Emma3501 | 971 comments everyone died in the hunger games series

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) Except Katniss. I wanted to bang my head on the wall by the end of the series. Katniss was such a strong person in the first book. By the end she turned so pathetic.

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) Yes. and it's too much! :( *will not mention the names to avoid spoiling*

Emma3501 | 971 comments you can do a spoiler thing like this. (view spoiler)

Emma3501 | 971 comments if you don't know how to do it then click (some html is ok)

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) oh yep. :) (view spoiler)

Emma3501 | 971 comments (view spoiler)

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) I agree with that.. Poor her :(

Emma3501 | 971 comments :( such a depressing series. if you liked it you will probably like divergent though. have you read divergent?

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) I have the book but I haven't read it.. :) I don't know when to start.. I guess when I have a break on October.

Emma3501 | 971 comments divergent is amazing! way better than the hunger games!

Renée (Renee_Ivashkov) | 482 comments I read the Hunger Games, and I creid in every book! I loved them though, and have you guys heard the music form the movie? It's epic and amazing!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

It comes out on DVD here in the US August 18th, I think!

Cierra (Faewon) Yep! the 18th!
and I agree, I think (view spoiler)

message 25: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 14, 2012 06:36AM) (new)

I heard the DVD will have 3 HOURS of behind the scene stuff!

April | 150 comments I'm re-reading my books because the DVD is released on August 18th (this Saturday!!!!!!) in Canada and I'm guessing the US as well?? I'm soooo excited!!! Can't wait!!!! :) <3 <3 <3 LOOOOOOOOOVED the movie!!!!!!!!

April | 150 comments That's really exciting to hear too!!! The behind the scenes stuff should be awesome! :)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I know! I really can't wait!

Rue (Rue11) | 5 comments I'm team buttercup..... But Finnick was totally working for me! Then he got married to Annie and tht was super sweet. Then he (view spoiler)

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) I can't help laughing on Finnick. (view spoiler)

Madilynn LOVED it.

Noelle | 14 comments In luv with this book! This book and divergent are my ultimate favorites!!!!!

Alisha Rosey (Lishah) | 9 comments I think I died inside when (view spoiler)

Caro | 10 comments I just love, love, looooove the Hunger Games. I thought it was actually ok that some of the characters died. I mean of course it is super sad, but people do die in real life as well, so that makes it a bit more realistic to me. It's better than everyone living happily ever after and conveniently paired up with someone that is just perfect for them.
What I totally did not see coming was (view spoiler)

Erica | 182 comments The hunger games are awesome! I love them! I have read them so much!!! I can't wait for Catching Fire!

message 36: by Stephanie (last edited Jan 20, 2013 09:35AM) (new)

Stephanie (NerdAtlas) | 55 comments I liked the first book, but I found many other better books like Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer, Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth, and Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas. I haven't read Catching Fire or Mockingjay, but I plan on reading one before the movie comes out. (view spoiler) We had a luncheon at school and the tables were separated by districts, it was so much fun!

Cameron (jameroncones) | 8 comments The Hunger Games is my favourite book series. I just can't get enough of it, regardless of how many times I reread it.

The first book was definitely my favourite, Catching Fire however is my least favourite. I just felt like there wasn't much different about the book in comparison to the first one. I'll admit that the ending to Mockingjay wasn't fantastic, but I think Collins did the right thing in ending it the way she did.

Joanne♥~Bookworm Extraordinaire Loved all the books. The first one was the best. I was glad that Katniss ended up with the guy I wanted her to. I hated that the characters that I like died. That part was dumb.

Joanne♥~Bookworm Extraordinaire Cierra wrote: "Yep! the 18th!
and I agree, I think [spoilers removed]"

I don't really think there was a point. Only maybe to affect Katniss in a bad way

Ruchi I love the Hunger Games trilogy!! I love the concept, the story, the thrill of reading the books and I SO love the characters!!! They're wonderful!!

April | 150 comments I absolutely LOVE the Hunger Games Trilogy!! The concept, the storyline, the characters, the character development, the plot, the pacing, EVERYTHING!!! This series is in my top 10, if not my top 5 fav series so far and I love it sooo much!!! They are just amazing!! <3

Emma (EmmaWright) | 40 comments I JUST GOT THE FIRST BOOM TODAY!! (:

Emilyann Girdner (EmilyannGirdner) Really good concept with The Hunger Games. The first movie was very strong as well. Will be excited to see the second one. Everyone keeps saying to check out Divergent since I enjoyed The Hunger Games. Having watched a couple Veronica Roth interviews makes me even more intrigued. Sounds like a very intriguing and thought provoking story.

Emma3501 | 971 comments Yeah, Divergent is one of my favorite books! I think it's better than The Hunger Games. :)

Chloe (bookstache) | 79 comments Emma3501 wrote: "Yeah, Divergent is one of my favorite books! I think it's better than The Hunger Games. :)"

I agree! Divergent is my all time favorite book! I could reread a million times and not get tired of it! :) But The Hunger Games is still in my top 10 favorite series for sure!!

MiMi (PlanetEarthTurnsSlowly) | 107 comments Now no offense to you hunger games fans. I am just saying this to speak my opinion, but I believe that the hunger games is childish (this is coming from a twilight lover) and if I love twilight and not this, it isn't the writing style which I felt was similar. I just think the whole love triangle was cheesy as a whole and that Katniss and many others were not realistic people. However Divergent, there is a series to <3.

Emma3501 | 971 comments so you didn't think the love triangle in twilight was cheesy? :P haha, jk.
i agree with you about divergent though! it's amazing. :D

Kaitlyn | 2 comments Catching fire just came out! Yaaaay! My sister and I are listening to it again before we see the movie.

Emma3501 | 971 comments The movie was so so good! A lot better than the first one. :D

Kaitlyn | 2 comments Ya all my friends told me that they cried and cheered. Ooooh! I'm so excited!

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Hunger Games (other topics)
Catching Fire (other topics)
Mockingjay (other topics)
Cinder (other topics)
Divergent (other topics)
More...