Second Chance Challenges discussion

Announcements > Group News - December News

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cherie, Moderator (last edited Dec 05, 2012 03:27PM) (new)

Cherie (CherieReads) | 850 comments Mod
Check this thread for ongoing updates about what's new in the group.

December 5, 2012

Happy December everyone! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!

New Challenges This Month:
Goodreads Choice Awards Challenge
Child of the 60's
Sing the Season
The Twelve Days of Christmas

Tip of the Month:
Did you know that there are more challenges available than what you see on the main page? To see all of the challenges in each folder, click on the folder's name. For example, if you look under "Scavenger Hunts" on the main page, you will see the first 10 challenges listed. But, there are actually 18 challenges in that folder! To see them all just click on "Scavenger Hunts" and you will see the entire list. This works for every folder on the main page.

A Note From Cherie:
Hi all! As I'm sure you've noticed, I've been pretty much MIA lately. Bree and Alina have been a huge help with keeping things running. I started this group in August before my son started school. If I had had any idea how busy I would become with his school or how quickly this group would grow, I would have thought twice about starting the group then and about what challenges I chose to post. I do not feel like I can do this group justice and keep up with things like you all deserve.

That being said, I'm going to be taking a break from the group for a while. I'll still be on the page as a mod but I just can't promise that I can be very active right now. Bree and Alina are going to be taking over all of the daily stuff including posting challenges monthly, updating participants lists and answering questions.

So, what does that mean for the group members? If there are challenges that you have questions about, please direct them to Bree or Alina. If you have an idea for a challenge, please message Bree or Alina. I may not be able to respond in a timely manner.

For the NFL challenge in particular, I have updated the remainder of the regular season schedule and plan on adding the playoff games as they are announced. However, I will not be updating the winners or your point totals. Please see the schedule thread for more information. Your point totals will all be added up and posted after the Superbowl. We'll be working on the honor system for following the rules.

I'm not disappearing completely - just taking a break for a while. :)

In Closing:
I hope everyone enjoys their December and has a wonderful holiday season, whatever holiday you celebrate.

Mallory Heart Reviews (Ever-Haunted_Ever-Reader) So exciting!!

message 3: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

This is past news from August 13, 2012. See the first post for current news

Welcome to SCC everyone! Today, August 13, is our first day "live" as a public group! Thanks for making this first day such a success!

I have a really fun team challenge called Whodunnit? based on the game Clue coming up in September!

I'm currently "in negotiations" with two other popular challenge groups so keep an eye out for some new to SCC challenges coming soon.

message 4: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

This is past group news. See the top post for current news

Hi everyone! Here's the latest from the group:

Please make sure to vote on the poll for next month's Author Spotlight! The poll is open until Sunday, August 26.

I'm working on an NFL challenge to coincide with the upcoming regular season. The plan right now is for it to run based on the weekly NFL schedule. More details will be coming soon.

A HUGE thank you to everyone who has invited their friends! We have more than doubled our membership in less than 2 days!

Don't forget, you can win a $5 Amazon e-giftcard! Just be the member to refer the most friends to SCC. Even if you were referred by someone else you still have a chance to win by inviting your friends!

As always, feel free to let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for the group. You can always post in the Questions & Suggestions Thread or you can send me a private message.

message 5: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

August 22, 2012

Hi all! Just a couple of reminders:

The poll for Author Spotlight is still open! Make sure you go and vote or write-in your own choice. Every author listed will have a chance - even if they have only one vote.

You still have time to win the $5 Amazon gift card! Sarajayne is currently in the lead with 10 referrals but you have until the end of the month to invite all of your friends! Click Here for details.

Sign ups for WordPlay end on Sunday, August 26 so make sure you stop by the sign up thread before then if you're interested!

New challenges will be posted on September 1 so keep an eye out!

message 6: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

August 25, 2012

We hit 100 members!

message 7: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

September 1, 2012

New Challenges Open!

2012 NFL Season
Disney or Bust!
It's a Love/Hate Thing Mini Challenge
Bizarre & Unique Holidays
Creature Feature - Zombies!
Author Spotlight - Karin Slaughter
School's In, Summer's Gone

Mallory Heart Reviews (Ever-Haunted_Ever-Reader) Cherie wrote: "Check this thread for ongoing updates about what's new in the group.

September 12, 2012

I hope everyone is having a wonderful September so..."

Fantastic and congrats on being a Featured Group! I've found many of my groups that way, so expect a vast influx of new members any moment:)

message 9: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

September 12, 2012

I hope everyone is having a wonderful September so far!

We are a Featured Group! Yay! So lets give a warm welcome to any and all new members! To any of you who are lurking, Welcome! and if you have any questions please don't be shy. :) Pick a challenge you like and jump right in.

New Getting to Know You challenge on Sept. 15. Stay tuned for a new getting to know you challenge that will be posted on the 15th. This month will be a spell-it-out, have no deadline and will be your favorite book.

message 10: by Jack (last edited Sep 19, 2012 05:44AM) (new)

Jack Paciorek | 1 comments better read "If I were you" in 15 minuetes

message 11: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

September 18, 2012

We are still looking for a few more people interested in receiving a free ebook copy of If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones. All you have to do is post a review when you're finished reading it and participate in a Q&A thread right here in SCC! The deadline is tomorrow morning 9/19 at 9:00 am EST Post a comment in this thread if you are interested.

If I Were You (Inside Out Trilogy, #1) by Lisa Renee Jones

message 12: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

September 20, 2012

Hi all! I have 4 ebook copies of If I Were You still up for grabs. A review is appreciated but not required for these copies. If you are interested, please send me a private message and we'll get you set up with a copy.

Adele Symonds (adelesymonds) | 123 comments Cherie wrote: "September 20, 2012

Hi all! I have 4 ebook copies of If I Were You still up for grabs. A review is appreciated but not required for these copies. If you are interested, please send me a private ..."

Hi Cherie, I review every book I read but I am snowed under with review books at the moment, if you still need people to read it I will take a copy and review it but it may be some time before I actually get round to it. PM me if you need my help.

message 14: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

Thanks Adele.

message 15: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

September 21, 2012

Hi everyone! Did you know we have almost 200 members?! That is absolutely crazy to me since this group was only born a month ago. It just goes to show that there are an awful lot of reading challenge junkies out there.

Many of our new members have mentioned that they liked the idea of this group because they find it difficult to finish challenges on time. As far as deadlines go, I would just like to point out that the durations posted on all of the challenges match the duration of the challenge when it was posted in its original group. That being said, please do not let a duration stop you from joining a challenge that looks fun to you in all other aspects!

The deadlines are only there to give you a guide. If you want to take a year to complete a 2 month challenge please feel free to do so. All of these challenges will remain active as long as people are interested in them. I have no plans to archive any challenges and there will never be any penalty for taking longer than the duration listed.

I hope you all have fun here!

Shirley (ShirleytheKindlereader) This is so marvelous. Thanks for making this so user friendly.

message 17: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

October 4, 2012

Here's what's new in the group this month:

New Challenges
Soundtrack Challenge - Stand By Me
To Be Scared or Not to be Scared
Creature Feature - Vampires
Around the World in 90 Days
Read the Group Cover Image Challenge

Other Happenings
There's still time to enter to win a $25 Amazon Gift Card! All you have to do is check out If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones and then join us in the thread here.

Our group has almost 250 members! That is absolutely amazing!

Thank you so much to all of the members who make this group such a fun and friendly place!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

If I Were You (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lisa Renee Jones (other topics)