Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived: Team-Challenge Threads > ♬♪♬♩ Now Playing

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CaroB (last edited Sep 04, 2012 09:06PM) (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments

RLftCI Dance Party: Weekly Pick

Weekly song picks will be announced in this thread on Wednesday evenings (Greenwich Mean Time +10). Please make sure that someone in your team is checking this thread every week and advising the rest of the team.

Also, for your fun, listening experience... and so you can practice your funky dance moves, Gea from Six Book Girls has compiled this YouTube playlist. Enjoy!

message 2: by CaroB (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments Week 1: ♬ "Roxanne" - The Police (1978)

Possible links:
♩Author or character name Roxanne or Roxie.
♩One of the main characters is currently or used to work in the "Adult" industry.
♩Any book set in or published in the 70s.
♩One of the characters works for the Police or military or an active government agency.

*These are just some ideas to help you along. Feel free to come up with your own, but I will be checking to make sure it's a valid link to the song.

Good luck everyone!!

message 3: by CaroB (last edited Sep 12, 2012 02:09PM) (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments Week 2: ♪♩ "Killing Me Softly" - The Fugees (1996)

Possible links:
♩ Author or character First names Lauren (any spelling) or Lori, or surname Hill.
♩ A book where one of the characters is a refugee.
♩ One of the main characters being hunted.
♩ One of the main characters is an Assassin.
♩ One of the main characters is a singer / rock star.
♩ There is a killer on the loose.
♩ Either of the words "Kill" or "Soft" in the title.
♩ Any book set in the Caribbean.
♩ Any book set in or published in the 90s.

*Again, these are just some ideas to help you along. Feel free to come up with your own, but I will be checking to validate book-song links. If you need more ideas, check out the lyrics HERE.
Please remember, when you finish reading,to make some part of review bold. Thanks.

♩ Direct quote from my husband: "Couldn't it be about ninja teddy bears?" Ummm, yes. Yes , it could.

Good luck everyone!!

message 4: by CaroB (last edited Sep 19, 2012 04:42AM) (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments Week 3: ♬ "Bridge Over Troubled Water" - Simon & Garfunkel (1970)

Possible Links:
♬ Any book published in or set in the 1970s.
♬ Any book with the words BRIDGE, TROUBLE or WATER in the title.
♬ Any book where main character or author name is any derivative of Paul, Simon or Arthur (NB: If you manage to find one with a Garfunkel in it, there's a $5 Amazon voucher in it for you!).
♬ An angsty or emotional story.
♬ Any book set in a harbourside town or an island.
♬ A story set on a boat or ship or with a boat/ship on the cover.

*These are just some ideas to help you along. Feel free to come up with your own, but I will be checking to make sure it's a valid link to the song.

Good luck everyone!!

message 5: by CaroB (last edited Sep 26, 2012 01:26PM) (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments Week 4: ♩♪ "I'm Yours" - Jason Mraz (2008)

Possible Links:
♩♪ Any book published between 2000 and 2010.
♩♪ A book with the words I"M or YOURS in the title.
♩♪ A book with main character or author with the name JASON or surname MRAZ.
♩♪ A book featuring a HAT on the cover.
♩♪ A book about FATE or DIVINE INTERVENTION.
♩♪ A book set in Hawaii
♩♪ A book set with FROST or CHILL in the title or author/character name - (Czech definition of "Mraz")

*These are just some ideas to help you along. Feel free to come up with your own, but I will be checking to make sure it's a valid link to the song. For more ideas, see the lyrics HERE

Good luck everyone!!

message 6: by CaroB (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments Week 5: ♩♩ "Like A Virgin" - Madonna (1984)

Possible Links:
♩♩ Any book published or set in the 80s.
♩♩ A book with the words VIRGIN or LIKE A... in the title.
♩♩ A book about a virgin.
♩♩ A book about renewal or trying new experiences.
♩♩ A book about religion.
♩♩ A book with a titled Lady as the heroine (I'm looking specifically for a quote with the words "My Lady" or Ma Donna in it).
♩♩ A book by an author with a single name.
♩♩ A book with a wedding dress on the cover.

*These are just some ideas to help you along. Feel free to come up with your own, but I will be checking to make sure it's a valid link to the song. For more ideas, see the lyrics in the spoiler:
(view spoiler)

Good luck everyone!!

message 7: by CaroB (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments Week 6: ♪♩ "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" - Greenday (1998)

Possible Links:
♪♩ Any book published in the 90s.
♪♩ A book with the words GOOD, RIDDANCE, TIME, LIFE, GREEN or DAY in the title.
♪♩ A book about the ending of a relationship, or the end of an era (eg, end of highschool, career change) or a move to a new city.
♪♩ A book where one of the main characters is a photographer.
♪♩ A book with tattoos or a fork on the cover.
♪♩ A book with a punk/rock theme.
♪♩ A book where the characters or author has the surname ARMSTRONG or WHITE.

*These are just some ideas to help you along. Feel free to come up with your own, but I will be checking to make sure it's a valid link to the song. For more ideas, see the lyrics in the spoiler:
(view spoiler)

Good luck everyone!!

message 8: by CaroB (last edited Oct 17, 2012 04:55AM) (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments Week 7: ♪♪ "My Boyfriend's Back" - The Angels (1963)

Possible Links:
♪♪ Any book Published or Set in the 1960s.
♪♪ A book with the words BOYFRIEND BACK or ANGEL in the title.
♪♪ Any book that includes a long distance relationship.
♪♪ A book that involves an annoying secondary character trying to steal the H/h away from each other.
♪♪ A book about Angels or Demons.
♪♪ A book about revenge or the H/h avenging something done to their love interest.
♪♪ A book where the main character or author is named BARBARA, PHYLLIS or BERNADETTE (or a derivative of).
♪♪ A book with VERY well-muscled man on the cover.

(view spoiler)

message 9: by CaroB (last edited Oct 24, 2012 04:58AM) (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments Week 8: ♩♩ "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" - Cyndi Lauper (1983)

Possible Links
♩♩ Any book published in the 1980s
♩♩ Any book with the words GIRLS, FUN or WANT TO.
♩♩ A book where the main character quits a job to take a break (not to take another job).
♩♩ A book with a full SUN or MOON on the cover. We need to see the complete circle outline so for example No sunsets or half moons.
♩♩ Any book where the main character or author has the first name of CINDY or surname LAUPER (or any derivative of).

These are the only links I will take this week

Good luck everyone!!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired

unread topics | mark unread