What's The Name of That Book??? discussion

Help! I'm a Prisoner in the Library!
Children's/YA-SOLVED > Girl locked in library (or museum?) overnight [s]

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (kwknight) | 4 comments In the 70s I read a book about a girl who is accidentally locked into the local library or children's museum overnight and spends a frightening time there. It was set in Indianapolis, Indiana. I'd love to know the title and author. Thanks!

D.M. Dutcher  | 338 comments I own that book, It takes place in Indianapolis, and there are two girls instead of one. It's set in a library but it has some museum-like qualities: there's a display of an early school bus called a kid hack, which the two girls borrow clothes from the mannequins on it. They became locked in the library because they left their car during a snowstorm to find help. The girl's names are Mary-rose and Jo-Beth.

message 4: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (kwknight) | 4 comments That might be it, I'll have to get a copy to find out. It looks like the original copyright is 1979, and I was just sure the book I read was already older by the time I read it, but that sure sounds like the one. Thanks so much!

message 5: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (kwknight) | 4 comments Oh, yes, that's it! (Spoiler in the review, if you click the link.)

https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-re...

Thanks!!

Lauren Flesher | 21 comments Is there a scene in this book where there's a covered wagon, and one of the sisters disappears for a little while?

message 7: by bookel (new)

bookel | 1924 comments Maybe? Been a while since I read it.

message 8: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (kwknight) | 4 comments Yes, I got a copy from my library and re-read it! That's the one!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Help! I'm a Prisoner in the Library! (other topics)