Bloggers/Book Lovers from India discussion

Favourite Reads > Have an all-time favourite book? Let us know!

Comments (showing 1-27 of 27) (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anjana (new)

Anjana (vasananjana) | 50 comments Mod
Share your favourite reads here!

message 2: by Sukaina (new)

Sukaina | 2 comments Chocolate_guitar_momos by Kenny Deori Basumatary.It's LAMO funny and in the end I was crying,no not crying, sobbing,wailing, and oh god it was so sad.A really great book and my all time favorite.

message 3: by Anjana (new)

Sukaina wrote: "Chocolate_guitar_momos by Kenny Deori Basumatary.It's LAMO funny and in the end I was crying,no not crying, sobbing,wailing, and oh god it was so sad.A really great book and my all time favorite."

I've never heard of it but your description's making me wanna read it asap. I'll check it out =D

message 4: by Soumi (new)

Soumi (soumiroy) | 33 comments Mod
My all time favorites are The Hunger Games, The Iron Fey, Scarlet, The Storyteller, The Infernal Devices

message 5: by Salo (new)

Salo (wasp18) | 5 comments My all time favorite books are The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and second one The Girl Who Played with The Fire. I love them i can read it again and again, I'll never be bored of reading such amazing books

message 6: by Srinivas (new)

Srinivas (21stnomad) | 6 comments Sukaina wrote: "Chocolate_guitar_momos by Kenny Deori Basumatary.It's LAMO funny and in the end I was crying,no not crying, sobbing,wailing, and oh god it was so sad.A really great book and my all time favorite."

i added this book, i liked description, above all its Japanese

message 7: by Srinivas (last edited Aug 13, 2012 09:46PM) (new)

Srinivas (21stnomad) | 6 comments 1.Looking for Alaska,(making me cry)

2.Norwegian Wood,(sensual understanding of love and sexuality and its poetic words in beautiful surroundings)

3.Extremely loud and Incredibly close, (for its border-less and untangiable love of son for his father)

4.The fault in our stars,(letting me feel pain)

5.The silence of lambs(for giving me chills),

6.Kafka on the shore(for its weird and subtle story line)

Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* (Appsl) | 9 comments Salo wrote: "My all time favorite books are The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and second one The Girl Who Played with The Fire. I love them i can read it again and again, I'll never be bored of reading such amazi..."

O_o!! I was thinking bout reading it, but never got around to...

My fav = Fear by Michael Grant *hyperventilate*

message 9: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) My favorite is TIGER'S CURSE: Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck AND MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS ARE: REN AND KISHAN!

message 10: by Salo (new)

Salo (wasp18) | 5 comments Hi Apps, personally i recomended you to read the book you was thinking about... yeah you should read it, because its content is just wonderfull and crazy... and it's very modern story too. There is third one too, i've not read it yet but i'm going to read of course ;)

message 12: by Salo (new)

Salo (wasp18) | 5 comments yeah and when you read them, i hope you'll share your opinion and impression about it. Then post if you liked it or not, i'm very interested it. Anyway i'm sure you'll like it... ;)

message 13: by Vinay (new)

Vinay | 3 comments Apartment by Greg Baxter:

The first Greg Baxter that I have gobbled, and I must say voraciously. There is strange way in which I sometimes connect with unputdownables - fornication in head, if i may hazard some liberalness. The first person narration helps, it is like letting the driver drive while you wade through the labyrinth of nostalgia, memories, adventure and curiosity, only a detached mind can afford. Saskia,too, is great character, too plain but yet strangely desirable. Well crafted expression!

message 14: by Anjana (new)

Vinay wrote: "Apartment by Greg Baxter:

The first Greg Baxter that I have gobbled, and I must say voraciously. There is strange way in which I sometimes connect with unputdownables - fornication in head, if i m..."

I'll definitely check this out. It sounds fantastic.

Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* (Appsl) | 9 comments Salo wrote: "yeah and when you read them, i hope you'll share your opinion and impression about it. Then post if you liked it or not, i'm very interested it. Anyway i'm sure you'll like it... ;)"

Will do!!

message 16: by puneet (new)

puneet  (puhneit) | 7 comments my atfs are HP series , vampire academy , hunger games , a suitable boy , its long but great . i also love twilight series no matter what others say . black dagger brotherhood , casa dracula series , i loooooooooove nicholas sparks books !

message 18: by Krishnakumar (new)

Krishnakumar Shetti | 2 comments A Thousand Splendid Suns... It took me a couple of days after finishing it to come out of its hangover... You can find my review of the book here:
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 19: by Vinay (new)

Vinay | 3 comments One of my Favs -The Outsider by Albert Camus:

Simply told with an enviable cadence and powerful message. The sparseness of expression, possibly depicting the stoic nature of the protagonist, catches you and keeps you afloat. "Complete truth as different from exaggerated truth" - a conundrum which we all grapple with, well captured and adroitly delivered. Why are the fringes important than the waft and warp of the cloth? Why is the positioning important that the product? Why is the experience important than than experience? Answers all this and more, through a story of unassuming guy, with seemingly invisible streaks of non-conformance - which paves way for his eventual hubris.

Verbosity of no virtuosity can fully eulogize what Albert Camus has accomplished here.

message 20: by Navjeetsingh (new)

Navjeetsingh | 6 comments Tolstoy and Camus . Sorry Fyodor too.

message 21: by Scarlet (new)

Scarlet | 3 comments The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

It reminds me of poetry - the sad, soulful kind that breaks your heart, and yet seems impossibly beautiful. The writing is to-die-for, and although the book is not happy from any angle, there's something about the end that's comforting; like a warm cup of tea at the end of an extremely horrible day.

message 22: by Ashika (new)

Ashika Vs | 4 comments Krishnakumar wrote: "A Thousand Splendid Suns... It took me a couple of days after finishing it to come out of its hangover... You can find my review of the book here:
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/..."

a thousand splendid suns -as u said yeah it is an emotional roller coaster

This fish likes to read (thisfish) Catcher in the rye has to be it.

message 24: by Nandhini (new)

Nandhini (nandhiiiniii) | 2 comments Vampire Academy!!!!
Top all-time favourite! <3

message 25: by Nazia (new)

Nazia (naziasiddiqua) | 11 comments My favorite book changes every now and then. My current favorite is Angelfall by Susan Ee. Absolutely stunning book!

message 26: by Ashraf (new)

Ashraf Abbas | 1 comments A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry tops my list of favorites. others include Da Vinci Code, Coolie, Calcutta Chromosome, The Riot etc...

message 27: by Julia (new)

Julia (JuliaDutta) | 1 comments My all time fave is The Hungry Tide by Amitabh Ghosh in these times. Atlas Shrugged follows and books I can go back to are Jane Austen, EM Kaye, and many many more.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Tiger's Curse (other topics)
Angelfall (other topics)