Erudite Readers discussion

Hereafter (Hereafter, #1)
This topic is about Hereafter
Reading Friends > Hereafter

Comments (showing 1-33 of 33) (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michele, The bookoholic! (last edited Aug 10, 2012 02:48PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Michele C (mcgxo95) | 4893 comments Mod
Dinahekal and I will be reading Hereafter by Tara Hudson. We would love if you guys joined us in the discussion of this book.

message 2: by Dina (new) - added it

Dina Hekal (Deeeh) | 441 comments read first 2 chapters, so far it's ok

Sherri Arnold | 21 comments I just got Hereafter from the library. I would love to join in on your discussion.

message 4: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sherri wrote: "I just got Hereafter from the library. I would love to join in on your discussion."

Awesome! We are both just reading the first two chapters right now.

Sherri Arnold | 21 comments SPOILERS

I just finished the first two chapters. There was a lot of information and things happening in these chapters. We learn all about Amelia, how she died (which was a really vivid description) and that she is somehow roaming her world. When she found Josh (call me Joshua) drowning she worked so hard to get him to swim. For some reason I did not feel her panic. I'll let you know if the story pulls me in later.

message 6: by Dina (new) - added it

Dina Hekal (Deeeh) | 441 comments I found it weird that Josh smiled at her and touched her cheek when he opened his eyes, he was drowning...but I like the description of her ghost time, what's happening to her and all and how everything started to change when she met Josh, I wonder if he knew her when she was alive?

message 7: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yeah that would be interesting if he did know when she was alive. I'm just curious to learn more about him! Does anyone else really like the cover of the book?

Sherri Arnold | 21 comments I like the cover. She seems so all alone and sad looking out over the water.

message 9: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yeah she does seem pretty depressed. I would be too though if I were in her situation. So far the plot kind of reminds me of The Ghost and the Goth (The Ghost and the Goth, #1) by Stacey Kade.

message 10: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 3 stars

I read two more chapters and the plot seems to be deepening which is good! I'm excited to see how their third encounter will be!

Sherri Arnold | 21 comments I read the nest 2 chapters (chapters 3 and 4) and I'm looking forward to see how their relationship goes. The story is starting to pull me in.

message 12: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Oh wow! I'm up to chapter 8! How many chapters are we going to read each day?

Sherri Arnold | 21 comments Why don't we all read to chapter 8, then post what we think. Maybe after that 2 chapters a day. What do y'all think of that?

message 14: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sounds good to me! To chapter 10 today :D

Sherri Arnold | 21 comments I read through chapter 12. The story is progressing pretty well. I did not understand how Josh took the news that she was a ghost so easily. It was explained a little later when it was revealed he was a seer, but I still think he took it too easily. No questions at all. I think Grandma is going to throw a wrench in the works.

message 16: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 3 stars

I have to read until chapter 12 but yeah I was also really shocked how well he took the news! If it was me I probably would have freaked out and ran away. IDK :P Now I will see how things go at Josh's house.

Sherri Arnold | 21 comments I've read through chapter 16. We're a little over half way through now. What's everyone think? Do the lovers have a chance? They think they do. At least they have hope. I personally think they are deluding themselves. What kind of future can they have? After all she's a ghost and now Grandma has threatened to come after her. I knew that old woman would be trouble.

What does IDK mean?

message 18: by Karina (new)

Karina (2187) Not a part of this but I thought I would help you out Sherri, IDK means I dont know (:

message 19: by Dina (new) - added it

Dina Hekal (Deeeh) | 441 comments Sherri wrote: "I've read through chapter 16. We're a little over half way through now. What's everyone think? Do the lovers have a chance? They think they do. At least they have hope. I personally think they are ..."

you're right, i don't think they have a chance and she'd be just selfish to try.

message 20: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 3 stars

I really have to catch up in my reading but yeah I don't think they have a chance at all!

Sherri Arnold | 21 comments I've read through chapter 22. The tension in the story is really picking up. Now she's got Grandma Ruth threatening to exorcize her by midnight the next night and Eli is threatening to hurt Joshua if she does not meet him in the graveyard at dawn. They are doomed more than ever, I don't see a way out of this one. What to do?

How are y'all coming in the book? I'm really getting hooked and may have to just finish it. It's hard to just read 2 chapters a day. How far are y'all?

message 22: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 3 stars

I'm only up to chapter 20 but i'm going to read a lot more later! I agree that they really do seem doomed but I'm sure Amelia will think of something. I really want to learn more about her past life and death.

message 23: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - added it

Jon (scottreadsit) | 5707 comments Mod
I own this on my kindle and will read it soon!

message 24: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Scott wrote: "I own this on my kindle and will read it soon!"

You should read it with us!

message 25: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - added it

Jon (scottreadsit) | 5707 comments Mod
kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Scott wrote: "I own this on my kindle and will read it soon!"

You should read it with us!"

I want to read Rise of Nine first!

message 26: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Okay I understand! Well anyways I'm now up to chapter 22.I'm really interested in seeing what Amelia is going to do to not only about Eli but also to Ruth!

message 27: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hey I finished the book a couple days ago. Did anyone else?

Sherri Arnold | 21 comments I just finished a few minutes ago. Ready to discuss whenever y'all are.

message 29: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Well first what did you rate it?

Sherri Arnold | 21 comments I gave it a 4, really a 3.5 but I rounded it up. It was a good book. I only had one problem with it, other than it left a lot of unanswered question, and that was this bright light that all of a sudden came out of her and that light saved the day. It seemed a little too handy. Have a huge problem, light flips on and solves. Other than that I like the book. They do seem to have a pretty good relationship at the end. But where can it go? Will he go to college and on through life with a ghost tagging along? I don't think so.

message 31: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 3 stars

I have it a 3 yet I wasn't sure between a three or a four. Like you said so many things were left unanswered and at times the plot seemed kind of weak. I liked Joshua and Amelia's relationship yet it was the epitome of instant love in my opinion and at times the romance was the only thing thing going on which was kind of boring for me :P I would have liked it to be more spooky since it is about ghosts.

message 32: by Dina (new) - added it

Dina Hekal (Deeeh) | 441 comments I'm way behind. because i was out of town for a bout 6 days and couldn't read it. :(

message 33: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dinahekal wrote: "I'm way behind. because i was out of town for a bout 6 days and couldn't read it. :("

Aw! That's okay though you can still comment about different things and we can respond back (:

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Ghost and the Goth (other topics)