Historical Fictionistas discussion

Group Read Series Discussion > Group Series Read- Schedule

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie, That's Her Constableness to you! (new)

Jackie (TheNightOwl) | 2751 comments The Welsh Princes series is the first HF group series chosen.

Each book in the series will be read in a period of 2 months. If you finish beforehand feel free to discuss in the respective threads:

Book 1- Here Be Dragons : August 15th- October 15th
Book 2- Falls the Shadow : October 15th- December 15th
Book 3- The Reckoning : December 15th-February 15th

Please make sure to mark all spoilers.
Example: I really hated the main character. Ch 3 (view spoiler)

To use the spoiler tag:
[spoiler] Your text goes here. [/spoiler]
*replace [] with < >

Julia Gallagher (juliagallagher) | 20 comments This is one of my favorite series! I probably won't re-read them right now since I have so many goodies on my to read list, but will definitely participate in a discussion!

message 3: by Laura (last edited Aug 10, 2012 12:31PM) (new)

Laura | 39 comments I loved the first book and have read it many times. Unfortunately, I never finished the second book or started the third one. This will be a great opportunity to get that done. I'm ashamed to admit that since I love SKP's books.

message 4: by Becky, Moddess (new)

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) | 3267 comments With two months each, I might actually maybe... maybe squeeze these in!

Holly Weiss (HollyWeiss) | 377 comments Becky wrote: "With two months each, I might actually maybe... maybe squeeze these in!"

Me, too. I ordered them today.

message 6: by Jackie, That's Her Constableness to you! (new)

Jackie (TheNightOwl) | 2751 comments I'm excited. I've never read SKP even though tons of people have recommended her to me.

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) I have read the first two several times and will definitely join in the discussion. And then I'll be soooo excited to read the third one. I've been meaning to read it for the longest time. I'm so excited that people who have never read SKP will get to experience her.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (JaymeILtheghostreader) | 3303 comments I have these books in an omibus.

message 9: by JoLene, Mistress of the Challenge (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1425 comments Has been on the TBR list for a while. When Christ and is Saints Slept is one of my favorite books of all time so m looking forward to another SKP series.

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) I have to agree with you, JoLene! Love that book. Odd side note for me. I do genealogy on my husband's family and he is related to Simon de Montfort. I think he's his 26th gr-uncle. That's what first drew me to the book. I was looking for stuff on the family and I found out SKP had written a book, I was sooooooo excited!

message 11: by JoLene, Mistress of the Challenge (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1425 comments Wow, that is a lot of family to research :-)

Diane Lewis I've also read this series, several years ago. I loved it.

Kristin Gleeson | 85 comments I read the first one, years ago and loved it. With all my moving around I didn't get to the rest of them (didn't know about them until a few years ago) so now is an opportunity.

Darkpool (protesting GR censorship) (Darkpool) | 39 comments I have read this series - more than once IIRC, and enjoyed them very much. I really need to try and finish SKP's Henry & Eleanor trilogy rather than re-read this series, so I won't be participating.

Nae | 12 comments This will make my 3rd time reading this series, each time some new detail pops up and sends me trotting all over the place to read ever more stuff. The detail this author is able to achieve truly amazes me. I look forward to this discussion a great deal.

Valerie the bookworm | 16 comments I am in. This is the first time I have heard of the author, which is why I joined this group! I am woefully shy on historical fiction recommendations. I am excited for this series and all three have arrived.

LemonLinda (lwilliamson42353) | 849 comments I ordered the books but will not get to them until 2013. I am looking forward to it but have to get through the rest planned for this year. When I do read them I will check back on this thread.

unread topics | mark unread