Revenge of the Witch (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #1) Revenge of the Witch discussion

has anyone else read this book or series?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 82) (82 new)    post a comment »

Madison Sheyenne I have only ever heard of like three people ever reading this book or the entire series. so did you like it,think it was okay or hate it. i loved it! and i have one more question is he making more Last apprentice books cause the last one i read was rise of the huntress. and if it is the last one it really didn't make since. if it isn't the last one can u tell me what is the next one in the series please. thank you

Terri I have found there are 12 books. The series goes to #11 and then there is The Spooks Mistake. I love this series. You can easily get lost within the story, anxious to find out what is next. I am ready to go get book #8.

Kathrine i read the first and second books and i really liked them but i still have to find book three

Maxed Bacallo I'm at book 8 i think and i still need to find it ._.

MizziQ I'm on like #5. I love it so far.

message 6: by Akatsuki (new) - added it

Akatsuki I LOVE THIS SERIES! I'm on book 4.

message 7: by Francelia (new) - added it

Francelia Belton I listened to book #1 with my son when he was younger; we both enjoyed it then. :-) Unfortunately, he got older and we don't listen to books together as much in the car anymore.

Chintan Patel one of the best series out, im on book 10

Pennyjelly I read 10 of the books in this series. Loved 'em all!!

message 10: by Agustin (new)

Agustin Almost finished the first one! It's really refreshing ! Good book...

message 11: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz Donatelli I bought the 1st book as a Nook discount and really enjoyed it! Reading the 2nd. Delaney can be a little long-winded with Tom's internal dialogue, which stalls the action a bit. But, overall, I enjoy the world of Tom and the Spook!

Sylvestre LeGere I read the entire series so far, and I can't wait for the next book to come out. This series is wonderful, and I would definitely recommend it.

Kassidy After Rise of the Huntress is "Rage of the Fallen" and ive read up to book 9 and still love them!

Isabel Faith My ten-year-old little brother and I love this series, and I'm so sad that the next one coming out is the last one (I think). I mean, I've been reading these since fourth grade. That's like five years. The Last Apprentice is the series I grew up with.

message 15: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria Ahmer I'm hoping to buy book 11 soon :D been following along with the series for years :D

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 11, 2013 12:50PM) (new)

Love this series!I'm on book six now! I wanted to read this series awhile ago. I got the e-book a couple of months ago for two bucks, and I read the first book and been hook.

message 17: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria Ahmer Jessie wrote: "Love this series!I'm on book six now! I wanted to read this series awhile ago. I got the e-book a couple of months ago for two bucks, and I read the first book and been hook."

Book 6 was a great one :D Sad, but great. Book 10 is especially great :D 1,2,4,5, and 10 are my favorites :)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I told my co- workers about this series, and they never heard of it. I try to tell them they are missing out. I told them that the first book was a little spooky to me. Being that it was a kids book i didnot think it would be too graphic, but it was a few parts that had me spooked.

message 19: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria Ahmer Jessie wrote: "I told my co- workers about this series, and they never heard of it. I try to tell them they are missing out. I told them that the first book was a little spooky to me. Being that it was a kids bo..."

They should definitely check them out! The movie inspired by the books "A Seventh Son" is coming out soon :)

message 20: by Eden (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eden This series is great. I'm currently on book 8. I think there are 11 books in total so far, in the main series. I think there are a few books with side stories as well.

message 21: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria Ahmer Eden wrote: "This series is great. I'm currently on book 8. I think there are 11 books in total so far, in the main series. I think there are a few books with side stories as well."

book 12 is coming out soon! :) Are you enjoying book 8?

message 22: by Eden (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eden Aria N. wrote: "Eden wrote: "This series is great. I'm currently on book 8. I think there are 11 books in total so far, in the main series. I think there are a few books with side stories as well."

book 12 is com..."

Yes, I just finished it actually. I've already put holds on the next two books in the series at my library.

message 23: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria Ahmer Eden wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Eden wrote: "This series is great. I'm currently on book 8. I think there are 11 books in total so far, in the main series. I think there are a few books with side stories as well."..."

:) There will be 13 books in all :c Its sad that the series is almost over.

message 24: by Eden (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eden Aria N. wrote: "Eden wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Eden wrote: "This series is great. I'm currently on book 8. I think there are 11 books in total so far, in the main series. I think there are a few books with side stor..."

Yeah, it is sad. I really love the series. It's very good.

message 25: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria Ahmer Eden wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Eden wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Eden wrote: "This series is great. I'm currently on book 8. I think there are 11 books in total so far, in the main series. I think there are a few book..."

I agree :)

message 26: by Jess (new) - rated it 1 star

Jess I read the first one maybe four years ago. It scared me so I never read any more.

message 27: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria Ahmer Jess wrote: "I read the first one maybe four years ago. It scared me so I never read any more."

I loved the scariness xD

message 28: by Jess (new) - rated it 1 star

Jess Aria N. wrote: "I loved the scariness xD"

I was in I think late middle school when I read it, and I still don't really like scary books/movies/tv shows, but each to their own, right? :)

message 29: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria Ahmer Jess wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "I loved the scariness xD"

I was in I think late middle school when I read it, and I still don't really like scary books/movies/tv shows, but each to their own, right? :)"

Right :) I think I started this series in 5th grade right before I started Middle School :)

message 30: by Jess (last edited Mar 18, 2013 06:39AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Jess Aria N. wrote: "Jess wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "I loved the scariness xD"

I was in I think late middle school when I read it, and I still don't really like scary books/movies/tv shows, but each to their own, right? ..."

I was also really picking up my reading then, and had to pick which series I was going to keep reading. For the longest time it was the Warrior cats series by Erin Hunter. Finally abandon those after the authors were writing too many- like one every three months. I also read Fablehaven around the same time, which is much more the type of book I like.

Have you read The Monstrumologist? I started it a couple years ago but it was too gory- brains exploding and stuff. I suppose if you like scary you'd like it but it's definitely a step up from The Last Apprentice.

message 31: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria Ahmer Jess wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Jess wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "I loved the scariness xD"

I was in I think late middle school when I read it, and I still don't really like scary books/movies/tv shows, but each to th..."

I would recommend reading some of Cornelia Funke's books. :) I have yet to read any of the Warriors books. My little sister enjoys those. I have not read The Monstrumologist. I actually typically dont like scary, which was why I was hesitant to pick up Revenge of the Witch, but I DONT regret reading it. :) I'm actually a fantasy writer and fan :)

message 32: by Jess (new) - rated it 1 star

Jess I've read a few of hers... Inkheart and The Thief Lord and some of the ones for younger kids.

message 33: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria Ahmer Jess wrote: "I've read a few of hers... Inkheart and The Thief Lord and some of the ones for younger kids."

I think they are for a younger audience but I like reading them. :3 I like The Hunger Games a lot :D Those are really good books, but I don't know if you'd be into sci-fi dystopia novels :3 But if you haven't read them already, I would definitely give them a look. I didn't think I'd like them until I read them.

message 34: by Eden (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eden Aria N. wrote: "Eden wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Eden wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Eden wrote: "This series is great. I'm currently on book 8. I think there are 11 books in total so far, in the main series. I think there a..."

I signed up on a fan message board for The Last Apprentice and since you like the series, maybe you would be interested in joining? Here is the forum: http://lastapprenticeseries.forumotio...

message 35: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria Ahmer Eden wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Eden wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Eden wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Eden wrote: "This series is great. I'm currently on book 8. I think there are 11 books in total so far, in the main series...."

Thank you! :D But I just typically like to discuss on Goodreads xD I don't know why, but I lose track of conversations on forums sometimes xD (facepalm)

Patricia Kaniasty Just starting book #11. I love the series.

message 37: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria Ahmer Patricia wrote: "Just starting book #11. I love the series."

I still have to buy that one, and the upcoming 12 :)

Patricia Kaniasty What's 12? Haven't heard of that one yet.

message 39: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria Ahmer Patricia wrote: "What's 12? Haven't heard of that one yet."

12 is going to be about Alice.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Aria N. wrote: "Patricia wrote: "What's 12? Haven't heard of that one yet."

12 is going to be about Alice."

Do any one know when 12 is coming out. I want to have the last four before it comes out.

message 41: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria Ahmer Jessie wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Patricia wrote: "What's 12? Haven't heard of that one yet."

Do any one know when 12 is coming out. I want to have the last four before it comes out."

Last time I checked, Joseph Delaney posted about it being in editing so it should come out soon.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh yeah! Love it. Ive been buying them back to back after i finish one i buy the next ebook. The book is soooooo good!

message 43: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria Ahmer Jessie wrote: "Oh yeah! Love it. Ive been buying them back to back after i finish one i buy the next ebook. The book is soooooo good!"

Me too! Though I've been slow to buy the 11th one. Haven't truly had the money to get the book yet :3 will soon tho! Is it any good? :) I bet it is

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope so im almost finish with book 7, will be buying 8 soon.

message 45: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria Ahmer Jessie wrote: "I hope so im almost finish with book 7, will be buying 8 soon."

Ohhh :DD i liked those, but 1,2,4, and 10 are my favorites :)

Mariam I'm up to book 11. I LOVE this series so much. It is AMAZING.

message 47: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria Ahmer Mariam wrote: "I'm up to book 11. I LOVE this series so much. It is AMAZING."

Me too! ^.^

Mariam Aria N. wrote: "Mariam wrote: "I'm up to book 11. I LOVE this series so much. It is AMAZING."

Me too! ^.^"

A kindred spirit!!!

message 49: by Eden (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eden Jessie wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Patricia wrote: "What's 12? Haven't heard of that one yet."

Do any one know when 12 is coming out. I want to have the last four before it comes out."

I think book 12 is coming out in September.

message 50: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria Ahmer Eden wrote: "Jessie wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Patricia wrote: "What's 12? Haven't heard of that one yet."

Do any one know when 12 is coming out. I want to have the last four befo..."

I hope so! :D :)

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Revenge of the Witch (other topics)
The Monstrumologist (other topics)
The Spook's Revenge (other topics)