Book Loving Kiwis discussion

Archives > NorthWrite 2012

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Katharine | 3 comments After much confusion about how to start a new thread I have found my way in here - thanks Angie!

I just wanted to let everyone know about a writing festival happening in Whangarei in September. If you are a writer (or even a closet writer - there's something for everyone) check us out on www.northwrite2012.wordpress.com. Here are the details:

The Northland Branch of the NZ Society of Authors, is hosting two days of writing workshops on the weekend of Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 September for a cost of $100. This includes an option of a one-day workshop on social media.
Best-selling author presenters include: Fifi Colston (illustration/how to run a workshop), Paula Green (poetry), Deborah Challinor (historical fiction), Kyle Mewburn (picture book), Joe Bennett (non-fiction), David Hill (idea generation / diversification), Catherine Arrow (social media and blogging) and Lorraine Steele with Sarah Gumbley and Rae Roadley (marketing).
Local writers Michelle Elvy, Zana Bell, Sian Williams and Kathy Derrick will present various editing, critiquing and manuscript preparation topics.

There are three streams of workshops - as places in some will be limited be in early to secure your spot.

Costs:
• For a whole weekend of workshops $100 (each workshop is also individually priced)
• Friday night - dinner with author/presenter panel discussion on The Business of Writing $45.
• Saturday night - An Evening with Deborah Challinor $20 incl. dessert and coffee.

For accommodation we have arranged a 10% discount at the Blue Heron, 85 Scott Rd, Whangarei Heads. You will need to use the code NorthWrite.

Hope this appeals - it's going to be a fantastic weekend! Once again check out www.northwrite2012.wordpress.com.

Thanks
Kathy Derrick
Chair of NZ Society of Authors, Northland
and member of Book Loving Kiwis

Sweetp-1 | 304 comments Mod
Oh I would have loved to have gone to this but we have family staying. Sounds like a great programme.

Katharine | 3 comments Sweetp-1 wrote: "Oh I would have loved to have gone to this but we have family staying. Sounds like a great programme."

What a shame. It's lining up to be a great weekend.

Kathleen Dixon (kiwikathleen) | 467 comments I can't come, but it sounds really great. Best wishes for a most successful time.

Katharine | 3 comments Kathleen wrote: "I can't come, but it sounds really great. Best wishes for a most successful time."

Thank you. I'm looking forward to it.

unread topics | mark unread