Divergent discussion

Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
This topic is about Insurgent
The Factions > Candor

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marilyn, ♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Marilyn Anderson (Marilyn344) | 300 comments Mod
Candor is the 5th faction you learn about, but it's introduced in Insurgent. What were your impressions of Candor? What did you think of the rules, clothing, and ways of life throughout the second book? Do you think they're a little over the top with how they live their lives? Does it remind you of something in real life?

Jules:) Respect their openess, but they seem sort of callous and a little too blunt.

message 3: by Marilyn, ♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I like their bluntness, actually, but that's me. I tell people that I rather them be blunt with me rather than beating around the bush or lying.

Jules:) I agree, I don;t like beating around the bush, however, there is a kind way to say something and I don't get that feeling from them....not surgar coating, but speaking the truth in love you know?

message 5: by Marilyn, ♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah, that's the most preferable, but in some circumstances you need a wake up call.

Jules:) True, that is a valid point.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I like their open and bluntness (I like blunt people. We get along well). But the whole making you spill your darkest secrets in front of your entire community...that doesn't sound too hot.

message 8: by Marilyn, ♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I agree with you! I tell people to be blunt honest with me no matter how bad it might hurt my feelings. Yeah, I feel the same way you do about the whole truth serum

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I mean, come on! Who wants to blurt their crushes name out loud for the masses to hear? That's just awkward.

message 10: by Marilyn, ♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I make it pretty apparent to everyone so I don't have to really tell them

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, yeah...some of us do have that problem (me), but you're still not telling your entire town (or faction, if you're in the series). Imagine telling the cranky old lady next door you like her grandson!

message 12: by Marilyn, ♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new) - rated it 5 stars

You just got to embrace the awkwardness an then things don't bother you as much. I learned through experience.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL:)

unread topics | mark unread