Divergent discussion

Divergent (Divergent, #1)
This topic is about Divergent
The Factions > Dauntless

Comments (showing 1-26 of 26) (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marilyn, ♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Marilyn Anderson (Marilyn344) | 300 comments Mod
Dauntless is the second faction to be introduced. What was your first impression? What did you think of the rules, clothing, and ways of life throughout the first book? Do you think they're cruel? Does it remind you of something in real life?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I think I would definetly be dauntless. The daring and rebelliousness is what I live for. Dark clothes, loud music, pericings, hot bad boys. Freaking bring it!

message 3: by Marilyn, ♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I think I would belong here too, but I would probably be a Divergent since I study super hard and I give up a lot for other people....I also like the tattoos in Dauntless. I found that really cool

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree. I wish the book told us more about what the dauntless' actual job was before they went all mind controlled. Like what was it like and how life actually was at the compound. I felt like that was inderdevlopedz

message 5: by Marilyn, ♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm hoping that it would be more explained in the 3rd book (which is the final book). I think that Roth still did a good job explaining life in Dauntless in the little time Tris spent there.

Jules:) Daunting...I like it, but not for myself. Could totally be friends with the dauntless though!

message 7: by Marilyn, ♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm not one to shy away from challenges...I usually go head on in them.

Jules:) I like checking the temperature of the water before I jump in, well in most circumstances.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Sammie wrote: "I think I would definetly be dauntless. The daring and rebelliousness is what I live for. Dark clothes, loud music, pericings, hot bad boys. Freaking bring it!"

I'm with you, except I like my books too. I'd probably be secretly Divergent:)

Dante (dante_saracino) | 5 comments definitely Dauntless :D

Ian's Bae Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bee Somerhalder (ClariFray16) | 6 comments i would definitely be DAUNTLESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meranda (Scartalon) | 5 comments I do think that the dauntless are a bit cruel and thrill seekers but they face their fears with a grin. I like what the dauntless represent: Courage in the face of fear. The clothes and tattoos are wicked, the hair is cool, and the fighting skills are useful. I personally would mostly be dauntless but with a few other qualities.

message 13: by Livvy (last edited May 13, 2013 01:05PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Livvy (LivvyLu) | 49 comments Meranda wrote: "I do think that the dauntless are a bit cruel and thrill seekers but they face their fears with a grin. I like what the dauntless represent: Courage in the face of fear. The clothes and tattoos are..."

Well, I think it's the newer version of the Dauntless that are cruel (like Eric and Max before (view spoiler)). And when they kill Eric, that could be seen as cruel too, I guess, but in all fairness they had justification.
Not that I would have killed him if I was them. I would've locked him up somewhere he's never see the light of day.
But I'm Dauntless, definitely. I do think most of the problems in our society could be fixed and/or avoided if people were only brave enough to say what needs to be said and do what needs to be done. I like dark colors and edgy clothing. I'm not afraid to kick someone's a** if they get on my nerves. And I tend to pull stupid stunts a lot.
But I also love reading and I like to serve others, so maybe I have a slight aptitude for Abnegation and Erudite as well:)

Ian's Bae Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bee Somerhalder (ClariFray16) | 6 comments me too but i might just pick dauntless because of my personality

Ian's Bae Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bee Somerhalder (ClariFray16) | 6 comments "But I'm Dauntless, definitely. I do think most of the problems in our society could be fixed and/or avoided if people were only brave enough to say what needs to be said and do what needs to be done. I like dark colors and edgy clothing. I'm not afraid to kick someone's a** if they get on my nerves. And I tend to pull stupid stunts a lot.
But I also love reading and I like to serve others, so maybe I have a slight aptitude for Abnegation and Erudite as well:) " you go go girl

Livvy (LivvyLu) | 49 comments bianca wrote: ""But I'm Dauntless, definitely. I do think most of the problems in our society could be fixed and/or avoided if people were only brave enough to say what needs to be said and do what needs to be do..."

:) lol, thanks.

Ian's Bae Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bee Somerhalder (ClariFray16) | 6 comments i know right!!!!!!!!!! GO Dauntless!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maria | 12 comments I am not that Dauntless, but I have a lot of respect for the idea of ordinary acts of bravery.

Jennifer.j | 5 comments I think I would choose Dauntless because i loe how free they r and i think the manifesto is awesome. Especially " We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

message 21: by A (new) - rated it 5 stars

A H I think I would surely have aptitude for Dautless - I love their freedom, their courage, I loved the whole faction. I think the initiation part was a little on the cruel side but I love their lifestyle!

Kristy | 2 comments I believe that out of all the factions I would join the dauntless, but would most likely end up as a dicvergent because I have a thirst for knowledge, as well as helping others. What four said about dauntless, ordinary acts of bravery, goes hand in hand with abnegation, a faction for helping others and selflessness. I I think that paint ball in the dauntless and zip lining would be my favorite part next to the cake. Dauntless would probaly be the most fun, while cruel in such that when they reach a certain age they must leave and become factionless same with the ones who don't pass initiation. This would be a great faction.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I personally LOVED Dauntless, i agree with their manifesto full-heartedly and i think their lifestyle is fun :)

Aimee | 2 comments i would love to be dauntless and it would be really fun but i'm not but i ould be besties with dauntless totaly if i turned into dauntless that would be awesome i do have a little dauntless in me

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I just LOVE dauntless, I think their initation was epic, and I think I would get the aptitude test fro it. I love their freedom, and their bravery. I am the only one in my famly who likes danger and such, they don't get why I like it :/

Aimee | 2 comments Danger is cool I like their freedom to

unread topics | mark unread