Nevermore (Maximum Ride, #8) Nevermore question

WHAT HAPPENED TO NUDGE,GAZZY AND IGGY?!?!?!?!
Aras Redan Aras Aug 05, 2012 11:44PM
I'm so confused. I've been crying my eyes out reading this book. In the end, Angel, Fang, Max and Dylan survived. But what happened to Nudge, Gazzy and Iggy?! Are they dead? Shouldn't they have survived too because they were "Birdkids" as well? I'm so confused! I need confirmation! HELP ME!

They were safe in the caves with all the other mutant kids and Dr Martinez.
It was only Max, Fang, Angel and Dylan who were stuck up top.

Am I the only one who likes Iggy way better than Dylan and Fang... And quite frankly Max.... I don't think so! Cause Iggy is AWESOME! Seriously isn't Max worried about Gazzy, Nudge, Ella, and Iggy? Hopefully they're safe and good! I wished James Patterson would've out more Iggy and Gazzy stuff in there. And I've never really liked Nudge until the last few books, so come on James tell us what happened, man! Oh well! At least there was a good Iggy and Ella scene!

holy shit i said the same thing wtf james

OH MY GOD I have been thinking about this since I finished the book. What the heck happened to others! I love the books, yes, but the end of it was so so totally confusing and sad.

i think they were safe-but the idea of not knowing is killing me

does anybody even care about how ratchet, holden, kate, and star turned out???

Totally agree. Couldn't JP at least write at the end that they saw the rest of the flock and dr martinez and stuff??? I mean, I know authors like to put lots of twists in and leave readers wondering at the end sometimes, and I like twists, they keep the book interesting. But I don't like to be left wondering so much at the end of the last book in a series!!! C'mon, there's an amount of surprises and twists that are just a bit over the top

can i just say that i am totally mad that i never found out about nudge,iggy, and gazzy! COME ON!! Thank god they were okay though because i reread like 4 times until i got it that they were in the caves! oh yea and i agree that there should have been more iggy/ella stuff (even though i am a fax shipper as well). i was glad with the ending though! oh yea does anyone else think there should have bee someone for nudge?

Angelina Dear Star, exactly my sentiments.
Apr 15, 2013 05:29PM
Caroline I just finished it I dont get the ending at all it makes no sense to me what so ever
Jul 04, 2013 04:41PM

angel said she was reading dr. martinez's thoughts so i assume theyre alive.... they better be!

Ok yeah..... I JUST finished the book like five minutes ago( no joke ) and I was hypervinalyting!!!! I instantly went to Google trying to find out what happened to Gazzy, Iggy, and Nudge!!! I was close to tears. It just couldn't end that way!!! what happened to Gazzy, Iggy, and Nudge?!!! I mean JP could have totally written another few chapters to explain where they are and how Max, Fang, Dylan, and Angel find them. Angel says she reads Dr. M's thoughts but it also said the caves are underwater???!! And it wouldn't have hurt to have written another book about what happened to the world afterwards!!! I am like the Flocks biggest fan and couldn't believe it! WRITE MORE!!!!!

Btw did any cry when it did the chapter where it seemed like max had died!? I was in hysterics!!!

And is anyone team Dylan?!

Avani (last edited Aug 07, 2012 05:39PM ) Aug 07, 2012 12:58PM   0 votes
Read my review of Nevermore for my three-star rating and appraisal of my feelings about the ending and the book in general:
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
Hmm... I don't think anything bad happened to Gazzy, Nudge, and Iggy, because Max would've freaked out if it had.

I KNOW!!! So upset right now! Finished it half an hour ago... I think they're still in the caves, but I was so mad about the lack of Iggy/Ella-ness!!

I really wish JP would have told us more about Gazzy, Iggy Nudge and Ella. I think they are alive but when I finished the book I had a panic attack. It freaked me out! I had no idea where 2(Gazzy and Iggy, don't ask) of my favorite characters went! JP should say something that tells us that the rest of the Flock is alive!!

i finished it yesterday, so dissapointing. seriously, were did iggy nudge and gazzy go? did they die?

They are safe in the caves it says angel read their minds and they are finding a way out of the caves!!!!

I am so pissef! How can he not tell us if Iggy and them survived? Obviously, Angel can still read Max's mom's thoughts, so she's still alive, but does that mean the others are? I am confused! I feel betrayed!

Ok yeah..... I JUST finished the book like five minutes ago( no joke ) and I was hypervinalyting!!!! I instantly went to Google trying to find out what happened to Gazzy, Iggy, and Nudge!!! I was close to tears. It just couldn't end that way!!! what happened to Gazzy, Iggy, and Nudge?!!! I mean JP could have totally written another few chapters to explain where they are and how Max, Fang, Dylan, and Angel find them. Angel says she reads Dr. M's thoughts but it also said the caves are underwater???!! And it wouldn't have hurt to have written another book about what happened to the world afterwards!!! I am like the Flocks biggest fan and couldn't believe it! WRITE MORE!!!!!

Btw did any cry when it did the chapter where it seemed like max had died!? I was in hysterics!!!

And is anyone team Dylan?!

I'm guessing that they survived, but I think JP should've at least included everyone in the flock in the ending...

JP needs to elaborate more about how they ended up!! like we love the flock and need to know what direction their life is heading and..oh yea if they r even alive!!!

OMG WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED IM STILL IN SHOCK, DID THEY SURVIVE? AND WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF THE PLANET WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM?

I am completely and utterly dumb founded at the ending of the book. Iggy Gazzy Nudge Ella and dr Martinez have just like gone off the radar. Come on James Patterson. We needed a proper ending even though the small interval where fang and max we snuggling on the hammock was ok in my opinion. But Dylan Angel Fang and Max are just lingering around. I was so anxious when Dylan was telling max and fang to get to cover but her stubbornness jeez !! Anyway i wish there could have been one more book after this. Just to explain to us what happens to the human race, to Ella and Iggy and their love fest. An awesome book though but i lost touch of max's inner self along the way. She got so caught up in Dylan, which i think was a nice touch to my confusion. I would have changed a few things like max telling fang that she loved him and that he left her and why. I felt sorry for Dylan in a way. Who does he have now is he gonna spend the rest of his life protecting max? I don't know. Another comment is that Dylan and Max start to have feelings for each other and then what ?! She cuddles with him on the floor, kisses him and then kapoof Fang shows up and max is all over him forgetting about Dylan. I'm not a hater im just saying that max could have been mad at Fang because i thought that is what max does. Or is she more relaxed in the end. Has she forgotten what fang did to her! He left her for the * right reason* but changes his mind after maya dies. What's up with that he finished with one so he goes back for the other ? Still a very good book and series just please dnt leave us in the lurch like that ever again, it was horrible not knowing about Iggy Gazzy Nudge Ella Dr Martinez and all the other genetically engineered mutants. The ending felt rushed. Please keep on creating great books i was Hooked from start to finish.

I want to know the ending!

P.s sorry for the long speal im a sap for this kinda stuff ☺️☺️

*pissed and if he wanted to reassure us on his website that they are alive, then why not do it in the book?

I know!That was ridiculous! I couldn't believe that it was the final book in the series and they were barely in the ending!

He should secretly write another max ride book and have that be the completer of the series. Everyone in the flock was made to survive the end of the world and max is the supposed "leader". I think there should have been more insight of that aspect, so shouldn't there a part in the story about max leading the survivers of the new world?

I think this post saved me from desperately needing therapy. I read the last two chapters in a rush before I was heading out and was certain Iggy, Nudge, and Gazsy has died. I'm coping slightly better after reading this by still! Djlahflandlajdlsbakdao D: that can't happen! This CANNOT be the last novel D:

I was not happy with the book.

Star (last edited Apr 15, 2013 06:07PM ) Dec 10, 2012 08:30AM   0 votes
I just finished it and it says Angel was reading Max's moms thoughts and all the electronics were up and running. They were monitoring the world wide reactions remember, volcanos and whatnot? Obviously the caves were fine (and the kids by default) or the Dr would have been upset.

What bothered me was Max was like, "oh we are all separated again, whatever"... I mean Angel just revealed she can transmit thoughts! Why not say, "hey Angel toss a thought to our kids down there and let Nudge, Igg and Gazzy now we're ALIVE?!?!? I mean im sure they aren't falling apart thinking we all DIED in the massive explosion or anything right? Instead im gonna take this moment to pose on a cliff and admire my wingspan with Fang"...I mean selfish much???? Not a good ending when i wanna smack the heroine...

Also why couldn't Ratchet and Holden go with Fang? He was a jerk to ditch them like that when they had nowhere to go, they turned their backs on everything to go with him. They could have gone to the island with the other enhanced kids, and I can even see Ratchet for Nudge if he wanted to play it that way. Ratchet specifically said he could never return or he would be killed as a snitch or something. I previously liked Fang, but I couldn't after that. It didn't prove devotion to Max, it proved what a one dimensional failure of a character he was as far as I was concerned

Last but not least, its REALLY weird how Dylan just "gets over Max". After that was a defining conflict for the last like 3 books hes suddenly just fine with Max and Fang. He threw one really big tantrum crushed some cars kicked a few mailboxes, the world almost ended .....now we're cool. No conflict with Fang. Yup. just like that.

Whatever.

Impressed? Nope not at all.

They are safe in the caves. But yeah, did they still die or what? Its like JP decided that Gazzy, Nudge, Iggy, Ella, and Dr. Martinez were not important enough so he decided to leave them out of the ending. BOO!

I know right! But I assure you they are okay according to the chunk of never more that I read on Jps website and is it just me or are you guy as ticked as I am about iggy constantly being over shadowed my fang and Dylan?!?!?!

Exactly what I was thinking!!! It said nothing about them in the end.... WHAT HAPPENED?!?

deleted member Aug 11, 2012 07:01PM   -1 votes
safe in the caves. breathe :)

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Nevermore (other topics)