Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Chatter BoXX

Comments (showing 51-69 of 69) (69 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Nichole (Dirty H) (DirtyH) lol - I'm in Utah, and it's supposed to get up to the high 60s on Thursday and Friday. It's in the high 50s right now and it's WONDERFUL. I hate to wear shoes and I'm thrilled to be seeing my flip flops again. They were greatly missed.

Jessi  (JessiM) I'm in NM and it as been beautiful here! I took my daughter for a walk yesterday after work because it was just to nice to sit inside.

Jess | 3721 comments I'm hoping that the weather doesn't revert back to colder temps... I want spring!!!!

Nichole (Dirty H) (DirtyH) Ugh, I watched the weather report yesterday, and it's supposed to get up to 70 on Saturday, and then...
Snow on Sunday. I live in a very schizophrenic state.

message 55: by Shanon (last edited Mar 19, 2009 08:36AM) (new)

Shanon (Boban) Nichole wrote: "I live in a very schizophrenic state.

Utah definately has it's swings when it comes to weather! I laugh when I see people in their convertables/motorcycles when a rain storm pops up without warning.

Jess | 3721 comments Unfortunately I think the weather in general is schizophrenic. Over where I am it was beautiful all week and all of a sudden today it's raining and freezing. :(

have to find my UGGS again. damn.

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Nichole - I'm with you! I live in Utah too and I hate how Spring loves to just tease us!!!

MK (Food actvist) (Daalmonette) California is gorgeous year round but Spring has strung for sure! The sun is out the breeze is warm. Darn bugs everywhere, lol.

MK (Food actvist) (Daalmonette) Love the Demonica series? Vote for Pleasure Unbound. From Larissa Ione on twitter

http://dabwaha.com/blog/

Nichole (Dirty H) (DirtyH) Kenjii wrote: "California is gorgeous year round but Spring has strung for sure! The sun is out the breeze is warm. Darn bugs everywhere, lol."

Ugh, Kenjii. It's snowing here!!!!

MK (Food actvist) (Daalmonette) Strung?! LOL. I meant sprung, lol. I was in Texas and it was nice during the spring. Sending you good weather vibes Nichole!

Nichole (Dirty H) (DirtyH) Kenjii wrote: "Strung?! LOL. I meant sprung, lol. I was in Texas and it was nice during the spring. Sending you good weather vibes Nichole! "

lol, thanks Kenjii! It did actually stop snowing, but it's still pretty chilly...
Though it supposed to get up to the high 50s and be sunny on Saturday. I'm ready for this to be over.

MK (Food actvist) (Daalmonette) I am so glad that I am done with chilly winters. The most we get here is rain. BUT I am in a new part of California. Nothing like FEET of snow though. My friend in Ohio tells me she has to shovel her driveway and whatnot.

Jess | 3721 comments lol funny story..

I was in the library today looking for a Nora Roberts book. So I'm in the stacks and there's an elderly woman who was also searching in the same area. She turned around and asked me if I could help her find a book. So of course I said yes. She said she couldn't really see and was looking for a book by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I asked her what hte name of the book was, and she said she wasn't sure. Then she tells me that it's "a sexy book" and it was "her friend" that wanted it. So I found the book and gave it to her, and she was so excited lol.

MK (Food actvist) (Daalmonette) Ha! That's a cute story Jess.

Stephanie (akaMonkee) | 46 comments Hilarious!! lol

Jess wrote: "lol funny story..

I was in the library today looking for a Nora Roberts book. So I'm in the stacks and there's an elderly woman who was also searching in the same area. She turned around and aske..."

Jess | 3721 comments lol and it was so cute how she like whispered "it's a sexy book" haha. She must have been like 80 years old. good for her. haha.

Stephanie (akaMonkee) | 46 comments haha rock on!

message 69: by Susan (last edited May 08, 2009 02:21PM) (new)

Susan (ofearna) Jess wrote: "lol funny story..

I was in the library today looking for a Nora Roberts book. So I'm in the stacks and there's an elderly woman who was also searching in the same area. She turned around and aske..."

my local bookstore in the last several towns I've lived in knows that when someone's just browsing in any fiction location to send me and they'll buy something. I remember a lady was going to be sitting in the hospital reading to her mother for about a month after some arduous surgery. Days and days. She left Hastings with over $200 in books I helped her pick out.

« previous 1 2 next »

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Briar Rose (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jane Yolen (other topics)